2011 Utah Utes

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by pnc, Jul 16, 2011.

1. pnc

pnc Walk On

OFFENSE

Junior QB Jordan Wynn is returning to lead the offense after throwing for 2,334 yards and 17 tds last year. Junior WR Christopher is the key returnig wr returning. The Utes offense should be explosive with several starters returning off a unit that averaged 33 points a game last year.

DEFENSE

The Linebacking group will be the leaders of a good but inexperienced defense. The secondary is the weak spot, and has coach pnc worried about giving up to many points to overcome.

The Utes offense will be good enough to win the Sout this year so the pressure rides on the defensive side to grow up fast.

2. pnc

pnc Walk On

11 Seniors
    68 Roster
    +2
    15 Scholorships available

3. pnc

pnc Walk On

Man what a tough draw to start the season. @Miami, @#2 Bama, @USC and host #4 LSU. All user games. All Computer Pac-12 games for 8 straight weeks after. If i can start 2-2 then ill consider it a success.

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I have to play @ Death Valley and The Horseshoe and I get to host the Canes in OOC and I get USC in conf, so I feel your pain pnc

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I tried different things to make it work out where you weren't on the road all three games but someone had to be. Just remind me next year and I'll give you the opposite, I'll let you get three home user games.

6. pnc

pnc Walk On

No problem clay. I just pulled off a hugh comeback so im feeling a little better about it. lol

7. pnc

pnc Walk On

2011 Commits
    1. **** HB (9) Rory Robinson
    2. *** CB (92) Aaron Robinson
    3. *** FS (13) Buster Davis
    4. *** QB (18) James Lowe
    5. *** DE(24) Will Brown

8. pnc

pnc Walk On

up to #101 with two more (high)three star recruits. Im on a roll now. lol

9. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I'm only asking bc i may have my recruit number wrong. You say you have 11 seniors and you are 2 short of 70 players on your roster. So that's 13 right? Then you always get a plus 1 right?? so shouldn't your number of prospects you can get this year be 14 other than 15? Or do we always get plus 2?

10. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

it's plus 2, where have you been.

11. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

oh wow i dont know. sweet.

12. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Also, that is not the number of recruits your allowed to get, that's just the number of scholarships your allowed to offer. You can get more recruits if you don't use scholarships.

13. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Umm...what? No, that is the number of recruits you get. You're not supposed to go over that or you'll get deducted recruits for next year. I am only allowed to sign 17 recruits this year bc I have 14 seniors, 69 players on my roster, then plus 2. That equals 17 recruits I can get. However I offered more than that all year long. But when I started getting more and more recruits I had to start taking away my offers so I wouldn't go over my allotted 17. And other than walk-ons there's no other way to even get a recruit to come to your school if you don't offer him a scholarship.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

14. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

15. pnc

pnc Walk On

Im confused to? How do you get recruits to sign if you do not offer them. also, not saying that anybody would, but if the rule gets abused and then continues to be abused every year id say that person would have a meeting with the commish. Maybe losing scholarships for a certain amount of years?

16. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I don't think there's really any rules to how you get recruits. Just don't go over the amount of 5 stars and total recruits you're allotted.

17. pnc

pnc Walk On

Utah has entered the rankings for the first time this year at #25 in the bcs poll. The coaches and media poll have us at #26 so We should move into both rankings after conference championship week.

On the recruiting front we've now moved up from #108 to 77 in the last two weeks. baby steps.