2011 Vandy Commodores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by billyd1esel, Feb 22, 2010.

1. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

2011 Vandy Commodores

Vandy - 44
    BYU - 0

After a disappointing 2010 season, Vandy started the season away, against #27 BYU. Starting the game with a 3 and out, BYU's offense looked stale the entire game. Vandy scored quick as well as often. Going into the 2nd quarter with a 10-0 lead, Vandy added another 7 and ended up getting 20 points in the 2nd quarter.

Thanks to a late 1st half Interception returned for TD, at the half, Vandy led 30-0. BYU could not do anything in the 2nd half either, as Vandy put in their 2nd string and coasted to a 44-0 win against one of the countries better offenses. With only 180 total yards, BYU was 0-9 on 3rd downs during the game, and Vandy's average starting position was in BYU territory.

Next week:

Vandy at Washington.

2. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Vandy - 24
    Washington - 28

After a great opening week against BYU, Vandys offense could not do anything consistent against the tough Washington Defense. After scoring 24 points, Vandy could not do anything late in the 4th quarter as Washington scored 28 total points, including 4 rushing TDs. Vandy's D played tough, but the game came down to who made the most mistakes, and Vandy deserves the loss.

Going into the endzone with seconds left, Washington turned to a 1-1 record, as Vandy goes into the 3rd week of the season against Arkansas.

3. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Vandy - 35
    Arkansas - 0

Another great defensive stand by the SEC defense. Only allowing 113 yards of offense, Vandy's D kept the Razorback offense off the field. Keeping the ball for more than 2/3s of the game, Vandy's offense piled up over 300 yards of offense, including a great day by Senior QB Larry Smith.

Out of the 3 games Vandy has played, they D has forced 2 shutouts, and look to play against a tough aerial attack, with a well rested Rutgers team.

4. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Crazy game down in Nashville!

I jumped up 10-0 against the Ole Miss Admiral Ackbars, but then they came back with 2 consecutive TDs to go into halftime with a 14-10 lead. Nothing in the 3rd, but then over 30 points scored in the 4th quarter.

They scored a TD with 3 minutes to go, missed the extra point, so I lead by one. Ensuing kickoff I ran back for a TD, to go up by 8. They marched down the field in 2 minutes to score, and the 2 point conversion to tie the game. Then I ran back ANOTHER kick for a TD to put me up by 7. They scored AGAIN with 20 seconds to go, but missed the extra point AGAIN, I win by 1.

Crazy stuff

Ole Miss - 35
    Vandy - 36

5. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Vandy - 17
    UGA - 30

DAMN! Got to say I gave the game away myself, bad play calling in critical situations. I scored 2 second half TDs to tie the game, and was on their 1 yard line with about 3 minutes to go, and decided to go for it on 4th and goal. Got stuffed and they went 99 yards in less than a minute to go up by a TD.

After a turnover, I let them score, hoping a miracle with the short time, and it just ended bad. After a chance to get put on the map, possibly being ranked, Vandy chokes and will have to rebound against a lowly SEC opponenet. Oh wait, there isn't one....

6. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Vandy - 17
    UGA - 30

DAMN! Got to say I gave the game away myself, bad play calling in critical situations. I scored 2 second half TDs to tie the game, and was on their 1 yard line with about 3 minutes to go, and decided to go for it on 4th and goal. Got stuffed and they went 99 yards in less than a minute to go up by a TD.

After a turnover, I let them score, hoping a miracle with the short time, and it just ended bad. After a chance to get put on the map, possibly being ranked, Vandy chokes and will have to rebound against a lowly SEC opponenet. Oh wait, there isn't one....

7. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Vanderbilt - 29
    # 13 Florida - 23

After upsetting ranked Alabama last week, Vanderbilt pulls away with a win against #13 Florida. In the annual Water Bowl (Every year I've faced the Gators, it's rained, kinda creepy), no one managed to score in the 1st quarter, but then the scoring came a plenty in the 2nd.

TD run by All-American John Cole gave the Commodores a 7-0 lead, but 2 quick scores by Teb-, I mean Brantley, put Florida up 14-7. John Cole returned the ensuing kickoff 83 yards, to tie the game, but right before half, Florida kicked a FG to take the lead.

Towards the end of the 3rd, Vandy was marching down the field behind the arm of QB Larry Smith, but an amazing 63 yard INT return for a TD, gave the Gators a big lead. After the kickoff, it took Vandy 1 play to score on a 63 yard reception by John Cole.

In the 4th, a 48 yard bomb gave Vandy the lead, and as Florida tried to march down the field, down by 6, a 4th and long gave Vandy the victory, as Vandy pulls 2 huge back to back wins in the the SEC, and should give them some sort of recognition in the country. If only they can get the BCS committee to overlook those pesky losses to Washington and Rutgers.....:D

Next week, a 1-7 Kentucky team with something to prove.