2011 Virginia Tech Hokies

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NoleNBlue, Aug 25, 2010.

1. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

2011 Virginia Tech Hokies

Michigan State-21
    VT-44

This game was actually pretty close until Player of the Game Ryan Williams broke off TD runs of 76 and 62 yards to seal it. My offensive line had Spartans on their backs for most of this one. Ryan Williams ended up with 238 yds rushing and 4 TD's, albeit half of that was on 2 runs. It helps when 4 different Spartan defensive starters get knocked out of the game. A late lead allowed me to get a look at true frosh QB Richard Cooley. He has a rocket arm and is extremely accurate. He was 2 of 4 but all 4 throws were seeds that hit the receiver in the hands. 2 threaded multiple defenders. He's slow as molasses but has a really bright future because, let's be honest, with 300 yds rushing, I don't need him to do much but make throws.

2. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

VT-42
    Duke-7

Duke's offense did them no favors in this one, dropped 3 TD passes in the endzone. Tech's offense had no such problem. JuJu Clayton was 8-12 for 158 yds and 4 TD's, with 3 of those to Dyrell Roberts, who also had 155 yds rec. Ryan Williams added 138 yds and a TD.

In recruiting news, it looks like again this year, FB pickins will be slim as Duke and Tennessee continue to get just about every FB prospect I'm interested in. Tennessee beat me out for 3 of them last year and are #1 again for 2. Seriously, who signs 5 FB's in 2 years.