2011 Week 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Dec 18, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2011 Week 10

We have advanced. Next advance will be:
    Tuesday Dec 29th

Weekly Polls
    1 UF (32)
    2 Clemson (27)
    11 Maryland
    13 UNC
    15 Tennessee
    17 Auburn
    23 VaTech
    NR LSU, Alabama, Miami, FSU, UGA

ESPN Headlines

Gameday Headed to Knoxville
    Lee, Kirk, and the guys are headed to Knoxville for an SEC showdown between LSU and Tennessee. LSU looks to get a big win on the road against the Tennessee Vols.

LSU's QB Russell Shephard will need a huge game as the Vols have been very dominant recently. Led by Sr QB BJ Coleman, the Vols have been tearing teams apart. LSU will need a big day from their defense if they want to compete in this one.

Lee picks Tennessee.
    Kirk picks LSU.
    I'm picking Tennessee.

Heisman Watch
    Despite loss, Boykin may have helped his heisman candidacy.

Player of the Week
    Aub CB Neiko Thorpe
    5 Tkls, 4 INTs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    H. Adams WR Aub 6 rec, 103 yds TD, 3 car 17 yds
    D. Meggett HB Terps 27 car, 83 yds, 3 rec, 46 yds
    D. Thompson WR UF 2 car, 67 yds, TD, 1 rec, 64 yds, TD
    J. Boykin WR VT 20 rec, 338 yds, 3 TDs
    C. Wilson TE UNC 2 rec, 60 yds

Side note: Sliders have been modified slightly.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Va Tech vs Miami
    W48-24

Va Tech bounced back from their horrific loss to BC with a convincing win over The U. Back up QB Antone Exum continues to throw the ball without thought at times throwiung 5 INT with 1 returned for a TD. Exum did finish with 405yds and 4 TD in the air. Jarret Boykin seems to be the one bright spot this year with him putting up big numbers again 12 rec 226yds 3 TD. Ryan Williams was unable to get the ground game going for a third staright week finishing with just 41yds on 17 carries.

The Hokies D finally showed up only allowing 259yds and 10 points (14 of miami points were on ST and D). Va tech caused 3 TO returning 2 for TD's. The Hokies did lose starting DE Cris Drager for 3 weeks but his replacement Kevin Mullins filled in recording Va tech's lone sack. Va Tech should be favored in their last 2 ACC games in hopes of returning to their 3rd straight ACCCG.

3. GoGators

Vandy 7
    UF 41

Gators Continue Streak

[​IMG]

The Gators grabbed another impressive win this weekend knocking off Vandy at home. The Gators were in control of this one right from the get go with Vandy never really putting up a big fight. Vandy was demoralized by the Gators defense and just couldn't get things rolling in their spread offense.

The Gators were led by QB John Brantley who had a nice bounce back game after a rough outing last weekend in Kentucky and Sr WR Deonte Thompson. On defense the Gators were led by Jr MLB Brendan Beal who led the team with 7 tackles.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Vandy
    UF​
    First Downs
    6​
    22​
    Total Offense
    202​
    401​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    23-59-0​
    33-70-2​
    Comp-Att-TD
    8-21-1​
    24-35-2​
    Passing Yards
    143​
    331​
    Turnovers
    3​
    2​
    T.O.P.
    9:05​
    18:56​

Players of the Game:
    Game Ball J. Brantley 161.1 24/35 331 yds 2 TDs

[​IMG]

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

LSU VS TENN

Tenn 52
    LSU 28

Tenn:
    Coleman: 13-21 330 yards 6 TD
    Brown: 21-120, 3 rec 120 yards 2 TD
    Richardson: 2 rec 90 yards TD
    Evans: 2 rec 45 yards 2 TD

LSU
    Shepard: 21 - 33 264 TD 2 INT, 27 rush yards TD
    Tucker: 6 rec 66 yards, 27 rush yards TD

Key Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Stat LSU TENN
    3rd Downs 3-8 8-11
    Turnovers 2 0
    Rushing Yards 75 193

Recipe for success: Coleman 25 yards per completion, Brown 10 yards per touch, +2 turnovers.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Whoaa...

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Riko Smalls threw for 487 yards as the Cavs get their 1st win under Coach Moreecemos with a score of 34-20.

It was closer than the score indicates as the Cavs turned the ball over 3 times via 3 Smalls INT's in the game. Ball State's constant all out blitzes pressured the 6 foot QB all game. "Luckily I had my boy Jared Green to bail me out time and time again," said Smalls. Jared Green had a career game. After being moved up to #1 on the WR depth chart, Green was burning Ball State's impact CB Theon Dixon. Green caught 11 balls for 307 yards and a TD in the game and was finding the seams and holes in the defense all game. "He's a very smart kid and with his 6'2" frame, he's a deep threat," said Coach Moreecemos. Green had a 80 yard TD reception in the game.

The defense held the fort, forcing 2 turnovers themselves but not really getting much pressure on the QB. "We forced him to make errant throws...in fact our two INT's came on times where Matt Conrath came in and put pressure on them," said coach. 5'10" speedy FS Lovante Battle had 8 tackles and a pick returned for a TD in the game.

7. KnightNoles

well I think he found the answer... I really miss Green this year in the Trifecta, kid is a stud

8. KnightNoles

Auburn wins at HOME

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    MISS 3 0 7 22 31
    AUB 21 17 7 10 55

Auburn finally played at home after a 5 week hiatus on the road and they opened up strong with Reggie Taylor intercepting two passes for TDs. Andrew Miller was on point as he completed 11 of 19 for 296 yards and 4 TDs. Onterio McCalebb produced 93 yards and a TD on 22 carries and Harry Adams caught 4 balls for 125 yards and 2 TDs along with 5 rushes for 30 yards. Ole Miss was held in check for most of the game with turnovers but ended up scoring bunches towards the end of the game.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv9QveuS-jI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xv9QveuS-jI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

9. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

LSU at Tennessee (L 52-28)

I'll upload some highlights or lowlights depending on how you look at it. Shephard starred while other struggled. I had my guys set up for success many times, they it just doesn't look like they have the skillset to execute. Take a look and you'll see. I got nothing more to say.

10. KnightNoles

power poll?

11. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Alabama wins vs Miss St on the road in a close one. That makes two in a row!!!! It came down to the last drive of the game, I scored with 30 seconds left then held of the last attempts by Miss St.

Hopefully this will save my recruiting this year. I was taking a huge hit with the losing streak!

12. GoGators

Way to squeak a close one out Killa. You must have been spending more time practicing and developing your game strategy since you had more free time by not doing games of the week. Hahaha, just messing with ya. Nice win though.

As for recruiting it's kind of interesting. If you're not landing anyone and Auburn hasn't signed anyone yet, where the hell are all the Alabama recruits going?

Maybe I'll look into pulling some talent out of that state.

13. KnightNoles

Im goin to look at this when I get on next and look at the prospects by state and figure this one out

14. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I'll get back on it know that I have some Va-Kay time with winter break.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You can throw me on auto. Ill be trying to keep up with my recruiting but wont have time to play user games and will be super simming most of my cpu games. be back two weeks from tomorrow.

16. GoGators

Thanks for the heads up Cole. Hope you won't be bitter when you don't recruit and I land that #1 :5stars: QB.

To everyone else, I'm currently trying to find a way to advance us to week 11 so you guys staying home for the holidays will be able to play your next games. No promises I'll be able to do it, but I'll keep you guys updated.

17. KnightNoles

damn..... We need an advance, Harry Adams is ready to "receive" than to give...

Merry Christmas fellas

18. GoGators

Merry Christmas fellas. Hopefully Santa will bring the Gators the #1 recruiting class for christmas!!!

And yes, I wish I could advance us, I'm really getting the itch to play.

19. KnightNoles

hopefully I will receive some commits when we advance since I had most of them in for the game

20. GoGators

Hahahah, the suspense must be killing you to ink your first recruit!

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    29th is so far away :(

22. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

26th is far away 27th is futher away and 28th and 29th just will never come

23. GoGators

Almost there guys. Almost there.....Urban Meyer is almost back.