2011 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Dec 28, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2011 Week 11

We have advanced. Next advance will be:
    Thursday 2pm EST

Weekly Polls
    1 UF (41)
    2 Clemson (20)
    9 Maryland
    11 UNC
    12 Tennessee
    15 Auburn
    19 VaTech
    22 Georgia
    NR LSU, Alabama, Miami, FSU

ESPN Headlines

Gameday Headed to Maryland
    Lee, Kirk, and the guys should be headed to Clemson, but since FSU coach Colemanchu is on vacation, gameday is heading to Maryland for their showdown with Tennessee.

Tennessee is coming off a huge win over SEC foe LSU while Maryland looks to keep the ball rolling after squeaking out a close one last week against Georgia Tech.

Coming into this one, the Terps are the more talented team but Tennessee dominates in all statistical categories except rushing offense. Lee and Kirk are both picking the turtles, but I'm going to go against the grain and pick the Vols. After all, it's SEC vs ACC, and we know who usually wins these matchups.

Heisman Watch
    Meggett strengthens his heisman candidacy after leading Maryland to victory

Player of the Week
    Tenn QB BJ Coleman 13-21 330 yds 6 TDs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    H. Adams WR Aub 4 rec, 125 yds, 5 car 30 yds
    J. Boykin WR VT 12 rec, 226 yds, 3 TDs
    D. Meggett HB Terps 37 car, 164 yds 2 TDs, 5 rec, 84 yds TD
    D. Thompson WR UF 7 rec, 94 yds
    R. Tannehill QB TAMU 20/38, 273 yds, 4 TDs, 16 car, 56 yds

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

3. GoGators

haha, I hear that. Beazus, try and schedule your game with Cole. I'm not sure if he'll be able to though. If not, let me know and I'll set him to auto for you.

4. Beazus Christ

ill shoot an email

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Aout me up. No way I can schedule a set time and guarantee ill be there.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

7. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Just lost o LSU in what was probably the most exciting user game I've ever played. I'll let the victor give the summary but let me say that it came down to two amazingly close plays. A dropped diving 2pt conversion attempt by my TE that would have put me up 7, then a diving TD catch that put LSU up for good. The game was so fun it was almost worth the wait!

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I wanna see the vids, I watched the gamertag scoreline

9. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Yeah, lead changes a plenty in the 2nd half. Real tough defensive game with a few big plays sprinkled in here and there.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    UVA takes down GT in a showcase of the UVA defense by the score of 31-7.

Starting FS Lovante Battle had a career game, notching 12 tackles, 1 for loss, a sack, an INT returned for a TD, 2 fumbles forced and one recovered.

Riko Smalls went over 300 yards again, throwing for 312 yards and 3TD's. His go-to WR was once again Jared Green, who caught 7 balls for 148 yards. Starting TE JR Paul Freedman was the recipient of all 3 TD passes thrown by Smalls. He had 77 yards to go with those 3TD receptions.

11. GoGators

Tough loss Hokie. It looks like you fell victim to forcing the ball to Boykins and live by the late pitch, die by the late pitch on the option.

I'm patiently awaiting the LSU vs Bama highlights. This sounds like it was the kind of game that SE is suppose to be all about.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

13. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I didn't save any highlights...shortbus maybe did

14. Beazus Christ

Clemson - 33
    FSU - 0

I tried to keep it under 30, but FSU decided to get sacked in the endzone twice in the 4th quarter. Kept it conservative - threw 12 passes for the game. As such, Korn's chances of All-ACC honors took a slight hit. He was 4 of 9 for 32 yards. Both of my backs had quality games. Jamie Harper ran for 107 yards, while Andre Ellington ran for 142 yards and a score.

On defense, Clemson was lights out. The Tigers forced a season-high 10 sacks. DT Brandon Thompson had 3 sacks (mostly on busted up screens). DE Mallicah Goodman had 2 sacks and also picked up a loose ball and returned it for a score.

In other news, that was the last home game of the year for the Tigers. They have a bye week, then go to Kentucky before they finish out the season at LSU.

15. Beazus Christ

ACC Coastal is crazy.

It looks like you got it. If you slip up though, it will be a potential 3-team race (UNC / VT / VA) for the crown.

Oh, you play Duke? Nevermind...

16. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Lets get these games in today so we can advance. I think we only have 1 user vs user game, but Legend is nowhere to be found.

Looking foward to my upcoming UVA game against the new user....

17. GoGators

UF 28
    SC 27

Oh My!!!!

[​IMG]

The Gators squeaked out a close one, almost giving Coach KSherm a heart attack in the process.

SC, playing with an extremely wet field from heavy rains and an enthusiastic home crowd to say the least jumped on the Gators from the start. On Jeff Demps first carry, he was destroyed by OLB Bowens causing a fumble. DT Sutton would scoop and score giving SC the early lead. The Gators finally responded late in the 1st when SC's punt returner coughed it up and UF returned it for a TD.

SC rallied right back when S. Garcia hit E. Baker on a screen pass for a 31 yd TD. On the Gators ensuing possession, Brantley was intercepted but thankfully SC missed a FG. On the next Gators possession, Brantley was intercepted again, by A. Allen who returned the pick to the house to put the Gamecocks up 21-7 in the 2nd. UF responded with a long TD drive capped off by a 6 yd rush by J. Demps, 21-14 SC.

SC scored on their next drive when S. Garcia connected with D. Moore for a 29 yd TD, however, B. Roberts missed the extra point which would come back to haunt the Gamecocks, 27-14.

The Gators tried to score before half but came up empty.

Gators received to start the 2nd half and ended up turning the ball over on downs. SC would do the same. The Gators took advantage of the short field when J. Demps capped the drive off with a 2 yd TD run, 27-21 SC.

The UF defense hunkered down in the 2nd half not allowing SC to get the ball past midfield. UF's offense did the rest when in the 3rd quarter, Brantley connected with Omarius Hines for a 69 yd TD to put the Gators ahead for good.

"We knew we had to do something with the ball. We were still trailing and we finally got the home crowd out of the game. I dropped back and had great protection, they were playing cover 2 and Omarius came open over the middle on his dig route. I got it to him and he out raced everyone else for the score. DT had a great block to spring him though. It's a huge win for us today against a strong SC team. I may not win the SE MVP now, but I'd rather take a championship anyways." -QB John Brantley

The Gators SE MVP hopefuls didn't fare very well in this one. Brantley threw 2 INTs, and Deonte Thompson was in and out of the lineup all game with injuries.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UF
    SC​
    First Downs
    14​
    8​
    Total Offense
    327​
    211​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    32-91-2​
    29-67-0​
    Comp-Att-TD
    15-31-1​
    14-21-2​
    Passing Yards
    236​
    144​
    Turnovers
    3​
    1​
    T.O.P.
    16:26​
    11:43​

Players of the Game:
    Game Ball O. Hines 4 rec, 98 yds, TD

[​IMG]

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yes shall be fun. My team has been struggling to score. These sliders are tough. I've been a turnover machine so far and I can't do that against a tough VT team which i took a nice look at for preparation.

19. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Georgia still has to play the CPU also.. His name signed in last night and I should have let him know

20. GoGators

I agree. These sliders tear me up. I actually prefer to play a user right now because at least then I can be productive offensively.

I have no idea how some of you guys are putting up big offensive numbers.

21. Beazus Christ

does anyone else think that early season scores dictate how your offense plays for the season? At least to some extent? Last year, my qb threw 3 ints to start the season and ended up with 18 (in a time share). This year, my qb did good against memphis and the dbs don't seem to jump the same routes they were last year.

Btw, I'm not on a psychodelics, but nevertheless my observation could be complete bullshit

22. GoGators

Last year, the commish had the CPU pass defense slider almost maxed out. So your observation is probably incorrect, but scary none the less that you would even connect the two haha.

23. Beazus Christ

I knew you would laugh if I threw out my theory...

Its all good though!

24. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I can see your point beazus, I know if I go into a season already knowing how my team should play, pick a playbook that is a good match and get off to a good start I will have a nice season. If I come out with a bad TO game like this year it's tough to get on track....

25. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I've learned a lot with these sliders...

my new #1 WR, isn't my fastest...he's a guy who gets open...I wanna check his secondary ratings and compare him to my #2 guy, who has 93 speed....my #1 guy has 89 speed but he seemingly gets a step on his man almost everytime. Hence why he's my #1 WR by far.

I get to 300 yards but it's a work to get there...I threw 2-3 INT's so far in two games each lol...and the pressure sometimes gets there quick or guys simply aren't open. Very good slider set. It's just tough for me to run now lol.