2011 Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Nov 8, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Wednesday 10/10 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Tuesday 11/9 10pm PST

Sorry for the lack of posting lately. October was a crazy busy month for me and with working taking away my ability to post while "working" its been a bit tough. So thanks for hanging in there with me guys!

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 11!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Oklahoma Sooners (6-4) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma lost 31-28 against Texas A&M (5-3).
    This week, the Sooners will host Baylor (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Justin Hughes has committed to UCLA

=============== #24 Iowa Hawkeyes (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 49-6 against Indiana (2-8).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Seth Parks has committed to Hawai'i
    - (****) WR Brad Wilcox has committed to Missouri

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 31-28 against Oklahoma (6-4).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Columbia to face the #20 Missouri Tigers (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) MLB Michael Davis has committed to Notre Dame
    - (***) CB Jeff White has committed to Arizona
    - (****) WR Nolan Mitchell has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #20 Missouri Tigers (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 28-26 against Colorado (5-4).
    This week, the Tigers will host Texas A&M (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Pat Goff has committed to Oklahoma State
    - (****) WR Brad Wilcox has committed to Missouri

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 55-0 against Northwestern (4-5).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (2-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Sean Bullock has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) CB Kyle Lucas has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) LT Ron Minor has committed to Ohio State

=============== #7 Oregon Ducks (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 31-24 against Washington (4-3).
    This week, the Ducks will host Stanford (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) C Ryan McFarland has committed to Oregon

=============== #3 Texas Longhorns (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 58-35 against Oklahoma State (3-6).
    This week, the Longhorns will host Texas Tech (2-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Jared Williams has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) WR Michael Rice has committed to Texas

=============== #18 UCLA Bruins (7-1) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins will host Arizona (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Justin Hughes has committed to UCLA

=============== #2 USC Trojans (8-0) ===============
    Last week the Trojans were idle.
    This week, the Trojans will host Washington (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Mike Roberts has committed to USC

=============== #9 Wisconsin Badgers (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 31-12 against Purdue (2-7).
    This week, the Badgers travel to University Park to face the Penn State Nittany Lions (5-3).

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Old Fashion Texas Shootout!

Texas 49
    TexasTech 28

A game with a whole lotta offense(77 points) and and turnovers(11). Both teams combined were 76 of 105 attempts for 1157 pass yards, 6 TDs, and 7 INTS.

The Red Raiders stuck around into the 4th quarter, but Texas pulled away in the 4th with some big plays. Up by 7 DB A. Williams intercepted his 3rd pass and return the ball 65 yards through traffic to get the to the Tech Ten yard line. Whittaker fumbled on the next play. Tech drove down the field only to give A. Williams his 4th Int of the day. Texas connected on a 50 yard bomb to TE Graham, and then WR Goodwin took a punt back 65 yards for the game sealing TD.

Texas Tech

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int

Seth Doege 65 46 656 3 5

Texas

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int

Garrett Gilbert 17 16 280 2 0
    Connor Wood 23 14 221 1 2

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long

Foswhitt Whittaker 16 37 2 11

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long

Malcolm Williams 10 145 2 33
    Ahmard Howard 6 114 0 35
    Trey Graham 3 104 1 50
    Marquise Goodwin 4 49 0 20
    Foswhitt Whittaker 5 46 0 27
    DeSean Hales 2 43 0 22

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Stanford 12
    Oregon 16

Tough game from a better Stanford team. The Cardinal defensive line played like they were on meth, constantly blowing up my running game and giving Darron Thomas 2 seconds to throw the ball or take off. The Ducks put together a late TD drive to get the win. Thomas finished with 250 total yards of offense and 1 rushing td.

5. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

Oklahoma 37 Baylor 12

Last year coach uscsux did not have a good outing against his former Baylor team. His first game as the Sooners coach was against Baylor which he lost. With a full year of experience behind his belt with his Oklahoma team he was much better prepared for this years game. Coming off of a difficult loss Oklahoma was looking to send a message to the Big 12 that they are still one of the elite teams.

The first drive by Oklahoma led to an intereption and 3 points for the Baylor. However, Oklahoma got the ball back and scored with ease. The 7-3 lead continued to grow and this game was very one sided. Oklahoma took over the momentum of the game and kept the pressure on. Baylor did not perform well in front of a rowdy Oklahoma crowd. The dagger was late in the 4th quarter when Griffin was sacked for a safety under a minute left in the game. Baylor had a hard time moving the ball deep into their own territory. Oklahoma's defense was sensational after performing poorly last week against Texas A&M's run game.

Coach uscsux has been under a lot of pressure this season. He had a terrible loss to Colorado early on in the season and let one got away against Texas A&M last week. The Sooners have one more game against Texas Tech before their postseason. They will be looking to send another statement next week before they prepare for their bowl game. Right now Oklahoma is 7-4 with one regularly season game left.

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Well documented are my complaints about posting. And with 2 members gone, I'm hesitant to say this. However it's kinda gotta be said. POST YOUR GAME SCORE AND A BRIEF STATEMENT OR SUMMARY AT LEAST PEOPLE!!!!!! It's a Tradition Football Standard. And you guys joined this specific lead because you are night owls... which I thought meant you were up late with little to do but enjoy the league anyways. The lack of consistent posting and football savvy into the league drove 2 members away. We need to be accountable to the standard of the site at the very least. It's ridiculous. The same 6 people post everything in every thread. You joined the site to be involved. Be that. :confused:'

PS thanks to Sux, Rec, Dakota, WGW and occasionally Mexi for taking the time to keep up. Even freakin' Dre posts a majority of the time still and he is in boot camp. No other excuse beats that one from a time perspective.

EDIT: Frick' I don't even know who half of you guys are. I was trying to find anyone in the past 4 weeks of games, and it's the same 6 people posting. Even the debates are the same guys. I mean come on.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Its funny you include me among the active guys. I haven't had time for any of the extra stuff you've been doing and I feel bad about it. I feel as if I should be doing more.

I guess that means a lot of other guys aren't even doing the minimum.

8. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

I agree with not knowing who half of the league is. Once in a while someone will post and I think to myself...who are they and what team is theirs? I need to post my summaries regularly because I miss from time to time, but thanks for including me as one of the active guys. I never thought of myself as one lol. :)

9. Jayrah

No thank YOU guys for meeting at least your standard requirements for the Site, not to mention the league.

10. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I gotta stop doing games before I go into work, cause then I run out of time to do the summary.

11. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Man we need to advance so I can play my bye! :)

only one game left for the longhorns. Extra week of prep for T A&M.

12. Jayrah

Better get your game on WGW! My squad is much improved!!!

REC, no word from my man... I'm gonna work out and be back to play at around 10:30, so if you could put him on AP I'll play when I get done working out

13. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Jay...
    I am ready to roll when you are man...

14. Jayrah

How bout 10:30

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll be advancing once the Mizzou / A&M game is done. Dre, you missed a CPU game...whats up? Call of Duty sucking up all your Xbox time :rolleyes:

16. Jayrah

hahaha. CoD is his life, literally

17. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

What a Great Game against A&M... Well Played!

18. Jayrah

[​IMG]

"Laces Out"
    Randy Bullock kicks A&M into Top 25.

Texas A&M 18 @ Missouri 17

Two unlikely heroes emerged from the Aggies list of talent this Saturday. K Randy Bullock and TE Dan Bishop stepped up big for their team, placing TAMU in the Top 25 AP poll for the first time in 5 years. "Feels good to come through like that, I don't always look for big plays, but I got some today" said the oft used blocking Bishop. "Randy was the man today though. I was just happy to contribute, but he won it by himself."

Actually he had help from the Maroon defense that stalked Missouri's high flying attack, allowing less than 200 offensive yards in the game, including forcing and recovering 3 fumbles. Each fumble led to a field goal, and ironically, each of Bishops catches led to field goals as well, making it a perfect day of 3's for the Aggies.

On the other end Missouri just had a heck of a time moving the ball ever in the game. Play 1 was a fumble, and then the ensuing kickoff was also a fumble. From there it didn't get better, save for a short drive to the endzone via a special teams turnover, and a late march to give the Tigers the lead with just over 2 minutes to go. Curiously however, Coach Jax decided to kick the extra point and take a 2 point lead instead of 3. "I had faith in our defense" he said afterward, "but of course, it came back to bite us. It's frustrating, but they played a great game, so give them credit, it was well deserved. But yeah, I shoulda gone for 2."

Coach Davis of the Aggies chimed in, "that was the best game of the year. We had to earn this one, just like all of them, but the difference was their defense. It was incredible. They bogged down our running game and were selective with pressure. We really were lucky to get this one, but in football, lucky and good are kinda the same thing, so we'll take it!"

Next up for the Aggies is a welcome home date with Baylor at Kyle field.

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

bummer about the sim loss for USC. Not the way I wanted to get a shot at the title.

Maybe everyone will end up with at least 1 loss. Though I think that would mean a BSU vs alabama title game

20. Jayrah

Ewwww

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think Dre quit...hasnt played his CPU game yet and I dont see him on my friends list anymore. I filled the 2 spots just today but it looks like we may have another opening in the Pac 10. Sorry for all the turnover guys :mad: