2011 Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Dec 31, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2011 Week 12

We have advanced. Next advance will be:
    Sunday approx 9 PM EST

Weekly Polls
    1 UF (34)
    2 Clemson (24)
    8 Tennessee
    9 UNC
    14 Maryland
    15 Auburn
    NR LSU, Alabama, FSU, VaTech, UGA, Virginia

ESPN Headlines

Gameday at Auburn
    Lee, Kirk, and the guys are headed to the Iron Bowl as Alabama takes on Auburn.

Alabama has had a very disappointing season so far. They're 3-6, but are coming off a win and let's be honest, records don't mean a lick in rivalry games like this.

Auburn is trying to stay full steam ahead as they look to get to Atlanta for the SEC championship game. Led by Sr WR standout Henry Adams, Auburns offense has been explosive lately. Alabama has a very talented defense, but hasn't been able to put any pressure on the QB.

Bama, on paper should win this one. However, with their performance and lack of identity this season, they will need to play perfect with Star Jackson having a huge day to win this one. I don't see that happening against Coach Nole so I'm picking Auburn, 34-21.

Lee picks Auburn
    Kirk picks Bama

Heisman Watch
    Despite another loss, VaTech's Boykin impresses with his courageous performance.

Player of the Week
    Virginia FS Lovante Battle 12 tkls, tfl, sk, int, 2 FF, FR.
    (Holy Crap that's a huge game!!! Kid's a sophomore too.)

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    J. Boykin WR VT 7 rec, 207 yds, 2 TDs
    H. Adams WR Aub 4 rec, 125 yds, 5 car 30 yds
    D. Meggett HB Terps 13 car, 29 yds, 4 rec, 65 yds TD
    D. Thompson WR UF 3 rec, 57 yds, 3 car, 12 yds
    S. Fitzgerald WR Utah 8 rec, 139 yds, 3 TDs

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Bama-Auburn throw everything out, win for bama puts all the losses aside and braggin rights. Auburn keep the streak alive and collision course with the Gators in Atlanta

3. GoGators

The SEC Championship game is set. Auburn versus UF in a huge rematch.

The ACC Championship:

Clemson has clinched the Atlantic
    UNC has to beat Duke or get a VaTech loss to clinch this week.
    With a UNC loss and a win over Virginia, VaTech can clinch this week.

4. KnightNoles

Thing is even if I do win out I won't jump high enough to play in the national title because I started so low unless I get in the top 10 before champ week if it goes according to plan vs. Bama

5. KnightNoles

Auburn struggles early, finds surge

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    Bama 7 14 0 7 28
    Aub 7 6 18 14 45

Auburn, Al-- The Iron Bowl, not much else to say but regardless Auburn riding a six game win streak while Alabama tried to save their season with a win over their rival and an outside shot at a bowl game. The first half was a heavyweight fight as both teams struggled offensively until Alabama woke late in the second quarter scoring 14 points in the last 2 mins. Auburn had their chances to push the lead to 21-7 but was held to FGs and Alabama took a 21-13 lead into half. What was said in the locker room of the Auburn Tigers will never be know but it worked as they outscored Bama 18-0 in the thrid quarter to take a 31-21 lead into the fourth. The Tide were able to cut the lead back to 3 but Auburn marched right back down the field and scored again themselves. The nail in the coffin happened the next kickoff as Alabama was hit sticked and fumbled, sealing the win for the Tigers 45-28.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Bama Aub
    1st Downs 15 17
    Rushes-yards-Td 21-116-3 30-78-2
    Comp-Att-Td 15-24-1 21-29-3
    Passing Yards 266 354
    Redzone-Td-FG 2-2-0 (100) 5-2-3 (100)
    Turnovers 4 0

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Team Name Pos Stats
    Auburn Andrew Miller QB 21-29-354-3tds
    Onterio Smith RB 18-66-0
    Harry Adams WR 8-166-1
    Reggie Taylor S 7 tackles, 2 ints
    Alabama Star Jackson QB 14-23-254-1td-3ints
    Trent Richardson RB 10-95-2tds
    Marquis Maze WR 5-83
    Donte Hightower LB 11 tackles, 1 tfl

Plays happened in order during the course of the game
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UR49gTxbMb8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UR49gTxbMb8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NzuWrxqQVwg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NzuWrxqQVwg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q8S6Y8EOrGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q8S6Y8EOrGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZX_cnde7QE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZX_cnde7QE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oKcKq3GADCY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oKcKq3GADCY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

6. GoGators

Nice win for Auburn.

What a tough season it's been for Alabama. They're going to have one hell of a tough spring and summer to get ready to try to compete again next season.

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Cavs win the Commonwealth Cup by the score of 51-42.

Both teams struggled mightly defensively at times but the Cavs were the more aggressive team as causing turnovers. On the game, they picked off VT QB's 5 times on the day. Stud RB Ryan Williams was a non-factor with only 17 yards on 8 carries. Clayton to Boykin was the story for VT as they hooked up for 11 passes for 228 yards and a TD as the Cavs struggled to cover the big WR effectively. Luckily for UVA their offense showed up. JR-RB Torrey Mack rushed for 179 yards on 22 carries and had 2 rushing TD's on the game. JR-QB Riko Smalls was very good throwing for 310 yards and 3 scores with his main target being of course, Jared Green. Green caught 5 balls for 171 yards and a score.

GG Hokie!

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I was able to keep the game close despite all my TO's, but I just could not stop the UVA offense. He kept me guessing the entire game. The only bright spot was once again Boykin, so despite my mess of a season at least he should collect some hardware come seasons end.

I just checked and I lead the NCAA in INT's with 31!!!! Offensively you are gonna see an entire new philosophy next season. I don't care who is in my backfield, I am going to run, run, run, and run the ball. (I just have to hope Williams stays)

9. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

God damn we advanced we werent advancing until the 29th I thought than i coulda played today. Not the end of the world I guess

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Tenn 56
    Kentucky 29

Tenn:
    Coleman: 23/35 482 yards 5 TD 2 INT
    Oku: 18 carries 80 yards TD
    Brown: 17 carries 102 yards 2 TD
    Evans: 7 rec 150 2TD
    Richardson: 4 rec 110 2TD

28 point 2nd quarter propels vols to victory.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hfzg1gUxB8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hfzg1gUxB8I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

11. KnightNoles

He advanced Tuesday 29th morning

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wow! Go Heels! I never would've guessed that I had a shot after losing to VT and Clemson.

13. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah my ship pretty much sunk after our game. I went from being ranked #2 to fighting for bowl elgibility. But I do think the ACC overall has the stronger users, despite playing with lesser teams. Not trash talking, just an opinion (maybe slightly bias).

14. GoGators

Very bias! I'll allow you the time to go look at the SE History of BCS champions.

SEC! SEC! SEC!
    :bangnana:

15. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

SEC SPEEEEEEEEED

SEC got more swag than Greg Reid and Lamarcus Joyner put together

16. KnightNoles

We ready to advance or are you still out the house?

17. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

advance again crap k ill start my game right now

18. GoGators

I'm still in New Orleans. I'll be back tomorrow night and I'll advance us then, as I said in the original post.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    what's UVA record in conferenc...musta came too late to make a difference :(

20. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Georgia bent over and gave Fresno St and banged them from the kitchen to the back porch.

They started off the game with out when they INT the ball on the 2 yard line and got tackeled in the endzone giving me the safety which was kinda gay but for all the bad luck i've had this year shit happens I guess.

Georgia who turned to Zach Metteberger to lead the offense after the freshman Willie Robinson continued to make horrible throws and could not limit his turnovers since SEC play started. Zach made some beautiful throws in the first quarter that was dominated by athletic specimen TE Orson Charles who is really starting to come into his own with a career day catching the fooozball.

After slowing down the last 3 or 4 games Carlton Thomas had a big day running the ball and had multiple beautiful punt returns and I don't think he was ever tackeled by the first defender once all game. (started using the analog stick more instead of spin and what not and with his 95+ acc and agi makes him very fun to juke with)

Defensively Georgia dominated Fresno St up front stopping them on multiple 3rd and short situations. Georgia defense played as good as its played all year as a team with all the levels of the defense playing well especially the defensive line with the two DT combining for 3 sacks and up until today had only 1 combined all year!

CB Cummings continues to impress NFL scouts with his 6'2 200 frame and 4.4 speed and helped his cause with a big time INT for TD and NFL draft analysts continue to shoot him up their boards.

WLB Marcus Dowtin delivered some of the hardest hits today Georgia has layed all year and leaves Georgia's coaching staff scrating their heads on where to line him up next year with a possibly move to safety because of his undersized frame at just over 200 pounds and want to help him out for the NFL where he doesnt have the body to play LB in the league.

Georgia ended up putting up 40+ points in the first half and just cruised the second half letting up a late TD against the backups to win the game 57-10 in what was a very impressive victory and probably the most balanced of any this year with all 3 units offense defense and ST playing great games and not a lot to critisize other than a few INT but 2 were just unbelievable plays by the defense and the 3rd being pretty much a punt throwing a bomb on 3rd and 15.

Game MVP - offense TE Orson Charles
    defense DT DeAngelo Tyson

21. GoGators

Yeah, you have 3 ACC losses and UNC already beat you so they'd hold the tie breaker as well. You never really had a chance this season when you became coach.

22. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Better late than never.

(1)#1 Florida- Nuf said.
    (2)#2 Clemson- The only other team to receive votes for #1 other than 3 for Utah.
    (3)#8 Tennessee- They have finally risen from the depths of the rankings.
    (4)#9 North Carolina- Some of their early season wins don't look so spectacular later in the season.
    (5)#15 Auburn- The only other ranked user, but they don't have the great user games in back-to-back-to-back weeks that are so common in this week.
    (6)Maryland- Has just hired a new coach, so we'll see where this team goes from here.
    (7)LSU- Are knocking on the top 25 door and will more than likely move in with a win vs. Ole Miss.
    (8)Virginia Tech- They go here, because both Georgia and they both dropped out of the top 25 this past week and...
    (9)Georgia- Has continued their streak of losing to every top 25 team they played this season.
    (10)Virginia- New coach, but better record than FSU and Bama.
    (11)Alabama- They go here, because...
    (12)Florida State- Coach has been absent as of late.

23. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

LSU @ Mississippi (W 38-7)

LSU @ Mississippi (W 38-7)

It appears that every gray cloud does have a silver lining, because after RB Ford has been injured for a couple weeks, Maurice Rogers has emerged as the halfback LSU has so desparately needed all year long. He is the first LSU back to rush for over 100 yards since last season. He had 23 rushes for 125 yards(an avg. of 5.4) and 3 Tds. Terrell came in after the starters had been pulled to rush for 55 yards on 9 carries(an avg. of 6.1) and also had a TD. It appears as the bigger backs are having a bigger impact on the run game for LSU. Ball control and getting first downs was the difference maker in this game.