2011 Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Jan 3, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2011 Week 13

We have advanced. Next advance will be:
    Wednesday approx 10 PM EST

Weekly Polls
    1 UF (37)
    2 Clemson (23)
    7 Tennessee
    8 UNC
    11 Maryland
    12 Auburn
    21 LSU
    NR Alabama, FSU, VaTech, UGA, Virginia

ESPN Headlines

Gameday back to Gainesville
    Lee, Kirk, and the guys are headed to Gainesville for the annual showdown between the Seminoles and the Gators.

UF is #1 in the country and looks to continue their dominance on their way to the SEC championship game. FSU is 5-5 and is trying to become bowl eligible.

These two teams stack up very similar on paper. However, UF dominates all categories statistically except rush offense. FSU will need to play a really great game as they head into the Swamp. It's currently ranked the toughest venue in college to play with UF in the midst of a 21 game winning streak at home.

The key to this game, as usual will be turnovers. Who ever makes less mistakes will win.

Lee picks UF
    Kirk picks FSU

Heisman Watch
    Meggett strengthens his heisman candidacy after leading maryland to victory.

Player of the Week
    Maryland HB Davin Meggett, 38 car, 176 yds, 4 TDs, 4 rec, 89 yds

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    H. Adams WR Aub 8 rec, 166 yds, TD
    D. Meggett HB Terps 38 car, 176 yds, 4 TDs, 4 rec, 89 yds
    J. Boykin WR VT 11 rec, 228 yds, TD
    D. Thompson WR UF bye week
    S. Fitzgerald WR Utah bye week

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Go ahead and play the cpu Gator, I am still out of town.

3. GoGators

You sure? When you going to be back?

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I get back Wedensday night but I have an offseason planned for another league and will have a lo of stuff to do after being gone 2 weeks. I'm more interested in getting to the offseason as fast as possible then I am getting in one last user game. Between joining in the middle and taking 2 weeks off I basically shit this year away anyways, next year no excuses though.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Tiger D comes to play

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    Aub 7 21 14 10 52
    NCSU 0 0 0 13 13

The Auburn Tigers walked into NC State and the D dominated from the beginning, forcing 4 turnovers scoring on two of them. Heisman contender Harry Adams didn't have a very good receiving the ball through the air but had 5 rushing attempts for 114 yards and 2 TDs. Reggie Taylor led the D with 14 tacks, 2 tfl and an int. The Tigers stay on the road and finish the regular season at SMU before heading to Atlanta for another shot at Florida.

6. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

LSU vs. Arkansas (L 30-17)

Key stats here:

7 dropped passes(most of which would have led to large gains and first downs)

5 int's by Shepard(caused by him not throwing where he should to get it to the receiver; very innaccurate/ or because the receiver did not step in to make the catch, allowing the defender to come to the ball.)

Could not run(20 carries for 66 yds and 2 TD's)

Over 200 yds by Ark starting tailback.

Shitty, shitty, shitty!!

7. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Another nice Win for the Georgia Bulldogs to cap off a regular season which had a lot of ups and downs. Georgia was happy to finish on high note but that didn't come without pressure and stress. They went against ACC foe VaTech for the pride of the confrence and handled them in a close one.

UGA drove down the first drive of the game for the quick score and than VaTech had a big kickoff return and short drive that led to a score for them tying up the game at 7-7. The two teams again traded scores for a 14-10 UGA lead than on the ensuing kickoff from the tech FG UGA breakout star of the season Braden Smith returned it 100 yards for the score up the left sideline in what was a huge momentum booster.

UGA didn't want to make a stupid mistake but after they got the ball back but they did just that with a fumble off a 10 yard catch and run by early season Heisman candidate Marlon Brown who has really tailed off the last few games. Tech big time NFL prospect Jarred Boykin made them pay striking for the score to closent he game up but right before the end of the half UGA big time TE Orson Charles hauled in a 38 yard grab for the score on an athletic play which is sure to get the NFL attention as he is only a sophmore.

the seconf half was more of the same pass fest as neither team had much luck running the ball other than a few nice scampers by Ryan Williams. the big kick in the nuts was a 68 yard catch by the big time freshman WR Derrick Cox who is 6'5 and showed up his big play potential taking a corner route and beaking a tackel and showing off his wheels for the big TD.

VaTech kept hanging in the game with multiple 3rd and 10+ conversions and seemed to stay around that 10 point defecite before grabbing the lead late in the game off a drive highlighted by a huge catch by Ryan Williams on a screen pass. UGA pushed a FG in with just a few minutes left to make UGA lead 6 but VA tech drove down the field and scoring to take the 39 38 lead which put pressure on UGA and their SO QB to produce in the wee minutes of the game which they did when the freshman WR Cox came up big again after a big time sack to put UGA in 2nd and 18 he came up with a big catch and a few plays later they were in the endzone.

VaTech used all their time outs trying to stop UGA so they only had time for a few hail mary's which they were sacked on ending a very intense game which Georgia squeeked out 44-39

The Good - Georgia young talent at WR and TE stepped up huge with the two freshman WR combining for 200 yards and the SO TE Orson Charles having a career game for the second week in a row hauling in over 100 yards

The Average - VaTech Ryan Williams had some nice runs and catches but Georgia defense did a good job on him for the most part. Call it a draw

The Bad - UGA Marlon Brown disappeared in a game where the Boykin vs Brown matchup was getting hyped up and he didn't live up to the hype like Boykin did

8. GoGators

Hilarious!!!! Again, SEC! SEC! SEC!

What was Boykins stat line?

9. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Clemson - 62
    Kentucky - 27

Clemson keeps it moving, this time against SEC doormat Kentucky on the road. QB Willy Korn was shaky, throwing 2 picks in the first quarter. Having seen enough, Coach Swinney substituted in Kyle Parker, who was 6 of 8 for 88 yards and a score. Despite the switch, Coach Swinney stated after the game that there is no QB controversy. On the ground, Jaime Harper continued his dominant ways, rushing for 177 yards and 2 scores on 26 carries. All-American candidate Bryce McNeal had 0 catches for the first time in his career.

The defense played pretty well despite giving up 27 to the Wildcats. DT Brandon Thompson had 2 sacks, pushing his total for the season to 11. Super Freshman CB Marvin Campbell had 2 interceptions, returning one for an easy score.

10. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Boykin had a big day he is very annoying on those 3rd and long situations where he always seems to haul down the catch in double coverage. He finished the day with 8 catches for 129 yards and 2 TD

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lost to Miami 49-36 :(...damn they were too good, i couldn't punch it in teh endzone when i needed it...ugh.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

UNC's head coach Jello was on the sidelines once again to face the Cardinal of Stanford. What an incredibly frustrating game it was! My (backup) backs had a few big runs, but mostly were bottled up. Ryan Houston was injured and his absence was really felt. With no running game, the Heels had to throw the ball and it was the most ridiculous attempt at a passing attack that I've ever seen.

After 2 1st half picks, starting QB Paulus was benched. Backup Blue started the 2nd half but was yanked after 2 INTs on 3 passes. All told, the Heels QBs combined for 5 INTs. Sadly, that wasn't the worst part of the passing game. Paulus was sacked 11 times! (yes that is a one preceded by another one) This was on about 26 attempts I think so I was sacked on roughly 1/3 of my drop backs. It was ridiculous. Half of those were before Paulus could even finish his automatic drop back. The only bright spot was TE Christian Wilson who had 100+ yards and 3 TD catches of something like 10, 20, and 30 yards.

We held on to win something like 21-19.

13. GoGators

Welcome back, from your as we call it in Gator Nation "indefinite leave of absence", Jello!

Hope you're recharged and ready to roll against Clemson in Tampa. Who would of thought that in your absence, the interim HC would lead you back to the ACC championship game?

14. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

This isn't "back to." This is my 1st trip there. And my interim coach didn't do squat. He beat WF and Duke. Big Whoop! Anyone could've done that (although my Michigan CPU coach lost to aOSU and muthafuggin Minnesota and cost me a Big 10 title!!!!!!!!!). Also, he allowed my kicker to miss 2 freaking FGs (my kicker hadn't missed for me in 2 years!)

I came back to find Ryan Houston out for 2 weeks. If he's not back in time for the ACCCG, I can't beat Clemson. If he's back, I might have a shot.

I'm debating whether or not I want to throw in the towel in my final game against #10 Cincinnati (I think). I may start my 2nd team so I save all my starters from injury so they can take on Clemson since the Cincinnati game doesn't matter even a lick. We'll see...

15. GoGators

My bad, your inaugural trip to the ACC Championship game.

Debating sitting your starters hey. I didn't know we had a Jim Caldwell in the dynasty haha.

16. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

here gator gator gator... arent you the last one for this week, so quit pullin a meyer and taking a leave of absence and get your game in... lol (y)

Edit: I know the circumstances disregard that.

17. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

I hate playing Ryan Houston

I played him in my other dynasty and alwyas falls forward for the 1st down when he is tackled 2 yards short brutal

18. GoGators

Hey guys, sorry I'm holding up the dynasty to get my game in, the most ridiculous thing happened last night.

I was in the 3rd quarter of my game when the apartment complex we live in caught fire in the electrical room. It knocked out the power for the enitre complex. This was at 830 pm EST last night. Everyone had to evacuate and it was like 22 degrees it sucked! Thankfully the generater powered the clubhouse so we got some heat and amazingly had the TV on so we could watch the Orange Bowl (go Iowa!). It was kind of cool because everyone from the apartment complex was in there it was like a huge party.

Well anyways, back on topic. They have no idea how long it's going to take to get the place fixed. We were able to stay in our apartments last night since the fire was put out, but there was no power. They're suppose to provide an update later today so hopefully I'll get power back and can get my game in tonight. If not, I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. They may have to put us up in a hotel until they get it fixed since there's no heat or hot water without the electricity.

This sucks! I'll keep you guys posted.

19. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

That's really random, I hope you pad is ok!

20. GoGators

Ya, me too. They're suppose to send out an email today with an update but I haven't received anything yet. I'm going to be nervous to go home and flick the light switch after work.

21. Beazus Christ

Did you really just say "Go Iowa" ....

Despite those words, I hope all is well with your apartment.

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

This 5678

23. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

wow thats no good Sherm.

wow so I am already done my recruiting for the year with only 11 available scholly's. Im expecting Marlon Brown and one or both of my Junior corners to elave thought so hopefully that opens one up for the offseason recruiting.

24. GoGators

Just got the update from my apartment complex. Apparently the part they need is rare and due to the wintery storms in the NE, it may not get here until Friday. That means they expect to have power back on for us by Friday at the earliest. This truly sucks.

I'm going to try and rig something up tonight so I can get on and advance to the next week so we can at least keep this thing moving. I'm going to be pissed if I lose to FSU though!

25. Beazus Christ

I don't care if we wait or we power through. Sorry to hear you'll be without power till Friday though. I've had that happen to me before and it sucks! My advice- pick up a good book.