2011 Week 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Nov 14, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Tuesday 11/16 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Monday 11/15 10pm PST

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Oklahoma Sooners (8-4) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 38-15 against Texas Tech (2-8).
    This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Illinois won 16-6 against Purdue (2-9).
    This week, the Fighting Illini will host #7 Wisconsin (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Brandon Hawk has committed to Kentucky
    - (*) FB Bryan Williams has committed to Minnesota
    - (***) CB Mike Ryan has committed to Illinois
    - (***) WR Bryan Bush has committed to Illinois

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (6-4) ===============
    Last week, Iowa lost 41-3 against Ohio State (10-0).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Minnesota (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Jeremy Arnold has committed to Notre Dame
    - (***) RT Bryan Henry has committed to North Carolina

=============== #23 Texas A&M Aggies (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 30-17 against Baylor (7-5).
    This week, the Aggies will host #2 Texas (11-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Pete Fountain has committed to Oklahoma State
    - (***) MLB Darryl Rice has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) SS Travis Lee has committed to Texas A&M
    - (****) HB Deonte Jackson has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #24 Missouri Tigers (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 34-15 against Kansas State (4-6).
    This week, the Tigers will host Army (1-8).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Eric Givens has committed to Missouri
    - (***) CB Spencer Richardson has committed to Louisville
    - (***) LE Steve Olson has committed to Texas Tech

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 41-3 against Iowa (6-4).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines (7-4).

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 16-13 against Miami (8-2).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Los Angeles to face the #10 USC Trojans (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) FS Jamaal Elliott has committed to Michigan

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (11-0) ===============
    Last week the Longhorns were idle.
    This week, the Longhorns travel to College Station to face the #23 Texas A&M Aggies (7-3).

=============== Stanford Cardinal (7-3) ===============
    Last week the Cardinal were idle.
    This week, the Cardinal will host Notre Dame (5-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Pat Davis has committed to Hawai'i
    - (***) WR Jason Moore has committed to Fresno State
    - (***) DT Bryan Davis has committed to Washington

=============== #11 UCLA Bruins (8-1) ===============
    Last week the Bruins were idle.
    This week, the Bruins travel to Seattle to face the #17 Washington Huskies (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Pat Davis has committed to Hawai'i
    - (****) HB Jarvis Bell has committed to USC

=============== #7 Wisconsin Badgers (9-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 41-7 against Michigan State (8-3).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Bryan Henry has committed to North Carolina
    - (***) LE Ryan Henderson has committed to Wisconsin
    - (***) MLB Joe Norman has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) WR Carl Houston has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) WR Ernest Ward has committed to Wisconsin

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

2 :4stars: WR should help in the replacement of Toon very nicely.

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I hope your excited for 4star WR Ernest goes to Wisconsin.

[​IMG]

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Oregon 33
    USC 19

The Ducks travel to LA and get the win against the Dre-less trojans. The Duck defense was the story, containing the high-powered the USC offense in check. The Ducks also forced 3 turnovers, including a pick six. This puts the Ducks in the drivers seat to go to the Rose Bowl.

5. MexiRican35

Thats his endzone face. Well be seeing that a lot. :)

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 24
    Washington - 17

UCLA is quietly having one if its best seasons in recent memory. They went up to Seattle and took care of the Washington Huskies improving their record to 9-1 and will most likely be ranked in the top 10 for the first time in many a moon. Any shot at a Pac 10 title rests in the hands of the CPU. If Oregon State can knock off Oregon and UCLA can take care of the Trojans, UCLA will win the Pac 10...pipe dream but stranger things have happened!

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Doesn't Oregon hold the tiebreaker? We'd both have 1 conference loss.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Shit your right, you would hold the tie breaker. Maybe next year if the damn game gets the schedules right and you have come south I can get that head to head win! Even if you loss, you win the Pac 10. I can still make a BCS Bowl but its going to be tough with games left against USC and Wisconsin (what was I thinking scheduling that game at the end of the season!)

9. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I'm sure you were thinking you wanted a shot at the BCS, and that would bolster your ranking if you win it. That's gotta be the Game of the week!

10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Wisconsin 35 - Illinois 28 F-OT

I dont know if you could have seen a more drama filled game that what the Badgers and Illini just went through. The fireworks started in the fourth quarter with just over 5:30 left in regulation. Illinois has the ball, trailing the 7th ranked badgers 28-20. Jacob Charest (13-17, 191 yds, 2 total TD) led the Illini down the field, completing passes on 3rd and 16 and on 4th and 6 to put help the Illini reach the red zone. Then, on 3rd and 13, Charest hit Langford over the middle for a touchdown, making the score 28-26 with 1:28 to go. The Illini opted to go for two, where Charest called his own number and dashed in for two.

With the score now tied at 28, Phillips would lead his team down the field with a deep pass to Toon on third and long. This set the Badgers up for a game winning 39 yard field goal with four seconds left. The mood in the stadium is tense, as coach Cheez holds his breath while his players take the field for the kick. The snap is good - the hold is good - the kick is up - it's long enough, but it's fading to the left - it's off the upright! With that, Memorial Stadium has new life as this classic is going to overtime.

The Illini win the toss and elect to go on defense. After two carries that gained the Badgers nothing, Phillips dropped back to pass and hit Duckworth (3 rec, 77 yards) along the right sideline setting up first and goal from the one. The Illini defense wasn't phased though, stopping Ball (22 car, 106 yards, 3 TD) one first, second, and 3rd and goal from the 1 yard line. Wisconsin, undeterred, went to Ball a fourth time, this time providing enough protection up front for him to coast into the north endzone.

On Illinois' possession in OT, the offense was quick to strike - connecting on two quick passes that set themselves up first and goal on the one. In the same position that the Badgers were just in, the Illini would try to pound it in with the fullback Zack Becker (5 car, 1 yd, TD) - but to no avail. A QB sneak by Charest also accomplished nothing. On 3rd and goal inside the one, again the Illini try Becker but are stopped short. 4th and goal from the one, with everyone in attendance thinking Mikel LeShoure (13 carries, 160 yards, TD) would touch the ball, Charest again handed off to Becker who was stopped behind the line.

11. Cheez

I think we took that away from ya too, commish haha

12. MexiRican35

The Wisconsin-Illinois game is probably the user game of the year. At one point in the second quarter, Illinois was up 17-7 against the 7th ranked team in the nation. The defense was giving up big plays, one of them being a LeShoure 66 yard TD run. The score was cut down to 17-14 at the half with a TD run by Ball. In the 4th, after a Wisconsin TD, KR Ramsey of Illinois fumbled the ball, which set up another Badger TD giving them a 28-20 lead. But Coach Cheez had no quit in his team. On about 3 different 3rd and longs, and one fourth and long, Illinois kept finding ways to keep the dream alive of the biggest upset of the season. The Illini scored with 1:28 remaining, but still had to go for 2 just to tie, and got it. Toon, though, would not be denied of a chance to make a BCS berth. "I came back for my senior season in hopes of a national championship. That may not happen, but I want that BCS game!" Toon made a huge catch to set up the potential game winning FG. With the ball lined up right in the middle of the field, Coach Cheez called his last timeout to ice the kicker. And it worked. The ball ricocheted off the left post, and fell harmlessly to the turf. With the Illonios fans going crazy, Wisconsin had to regroup fast, as they went on the offensive first in OT. On third and long, WR Duckworth, who has been HUGE in recent games, came up with the first down and put the ball at the one. Now it was time for the Badger offensive line to do work for HB Ball. But he was denied 3 times in a row. Coach Mexi called a TO, thought it over, and went for it. "We have put our faith in our O-line all year. I wasnt gonna quit on them, cause they wernt gonna quit on me." Ball was able to find a hole and take it in for 6. Then Illinois was set up with the same situation with a first and goal at the one. The FB dive, which had worked most of the game, was denied 3 times, as the on 4th down, Wisconsin's Dline penetrated and tackeled him in the backfield, leading to a bench clearing celebration for the Badger team. "I have nothing then respect for Coach Cheez on that sideline. I told him he would have to keep it close in the first half, and then anything could happen. And he made it happen. He's only in his 2nd game with this team, and his team is as gifted athletically, but he has been his dream to coach that team, and those players believe in him. He will be a force to be recokened with in Big 10 play." With conference play done and second place secured, there is only one game left in the season, and that is against Coach Recheem's UCLA team, which has vastly improved from an average team from a year ago, to a top 10 nation team in only a years time.

#7 Wisconsin 35 - Illinois 28 (OT)

13. Cheez

Post game press conference: Coach Cheez

Reporter 1: Coach Cheez, what's running through your mind after this tough loss?
    Coach Cheez: Can anyone get me the number to Coach D'Antonio's cardiologist? ... Our guys played phenominally, and we had our chances to win this one. We were just one play short. The Badgers are one of the top teams in the country for a reason, and I think our guys showed that we could compete on a high level on a big stage. Jacob [Charest] played his heart out. This might have been the best game of the season for him. Mikel [LeShoure] had a phenominal game as well. I'm really proud of the way we came out and played. And I'm proud of the seniors who, while they have only known me for 2 weeks, played their hearts out for me.

Reporter 2: What was running through your mind once the kick bounced off the upright at the end of regulation?
    Coach Cheez: I wish I could stand here and tell you with a straight face that I was entirely stoic. But I can't. I was just as excited as the players and the fans when that ball bounced to the turf.

Reporter 1: Why did you opt to run the ball with Zack Becker on the last series of the game?
    Coach Cheez: Zack has been real solid for us in short-yardage situations, and Mikel is better when he can get the one on one matchup. In a goal-line situation, I felt that would be difficult for us especially given their defensive front. I was surprised that Charest didn't get it on the sneak, but all the credit goes to the Badgers for stopping us.

Reporter 3: On your last drive of the fourth quarter, you kept finding yourselves in third and long situations. How were your guys able to avoid giving Wisconsin the ball and keep the game-tying drive alive?
    Coach Cheez: That's Jacob. He made the right audibles when reading the defense. Jacob showed today that he is a true leader on the field as well as in the locker room. He is a pleasure to coach.

Reporter 2: How has your introduction to Big 10 football treated you?
    Coach Cheez: If every game is like today, I'm going to end up losing my hair much sooner than I anticipated. Obviously, this is a well coached league. Coach Mexi is one of the top coaches in the country, and I anxiously await travelling to Madison next year to face him again.

Reporter 3: You finished the season 7-5, which means you will be playing a bowl game. Do you have any preference as to where you would go?
    Coach Cheez: I'm just happy these kids get to play one more game. I'm not particularly concerned with who or where we will be playing. There's a lot that can happen between now and selection day. We still have a lot of practice to get in, and a lot of time to get better.

14. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

we are advance ready. sleep now writeup later

15. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Texas 42 @ Texas A&M 35

And so the Big 12 Title game is set as Missouri against Texas, after a game that saw a lot of long drive mixed with lots of 1 plays romps down the field for 6. Only 1 punt (Texas) and 1 turnover (A&M) all game and the difference was that Texas held Texas A&M to 2 field goals in the second half instead of touchdowns, while Tre Newton, Texas' standout running back, ran behind a dominating O-line all day and came up with 1st down after 1st down.

The first half was a bit of a defensive struggle, with A&M forcing the punt, and Texas forcing a huge fumble, leading to Texas taking the lead for the 1st time with a short field. A&M responded with a long drive to tie, but couldn't stop the Longhorns the rest of the game, which meant they were trailing the entire game from that point. Each team went over 400 yards of offense.

Newton was the player of the game for texas, running for 3 touchdowns on the day, and Whittaker also ran for 2 other scores. WR Ryan Tannehill was Texas A&M's player of the game, catching 2 touchdowns in the second half, including an 80 yard screen play and a 4th down conversion into the endzone late in the game.

16. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I saved some videos, I will get them up when I can.

Texas O-Line opened some REAL big holes.

Whittaker got hurt after 10 carries for 74 yards, 2 TDs and was relieved by Newton who carried 7 times for 146 yards, 2 TDs. An impressive avg of 13 yards a carry.

The texas defense did not do much better, giving up 14 yards per passing attempt.

Tight game that came down to an onsides kick.