2011 Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

2011 Week 14

We are now advanced into Week 14. We only have 6 games this week so it should be a quick advance. Next advance will be no later than Thursday night at 11 pm EST. Good job on the summaries everyone.

Game's of the Week

USC (hovathegodmc) @ UCLA (Recchem2000)

And

Texas Tech (CWHarris) @ #2 Miami

Both games have huge BCS implications

2. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I am hyped up about a chance at #2. I'm not terribly confident, but knocking off Miami would make a tough year feel better.

I would like to talk a moment about the advance schedule we are currently on. It is honestly a little quick for me. I don't want to rock the boat by no means, and I am all about keeping a hard schedule, but one of the major draws for me to this league was a 3 day advance schedule. I would say, without looking, we are closer to two days. I am certainly not complaining, and if I'm the only one who feels this way, please disregard. I don't want to be the one guy holding things up, but I would be interested in others thoughts.

Even with a tough season, I'm really enjoying this league. The community and forum, is the biggest reason. With a little more time between games, it would allow more time to keep up with the forum. You guys let me know what you think.

3. Hova

I think it is great everyone is getting their games in quick and we are moving fast, but we are a 72 hour advance and i understand people being busy, if you need the 3 days you will get them by all means.

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Va tech- 51
    western kentucky- 0

Not even going to comment on this one lol

5. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I would prefer the three day, but I'd hate to be the only one. I will be on Wednesday evening to whip Miami.

6. Hova

It will always be 3 days or if we all finish early

7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The three day advance is definitely the rule and I think we've sped up the advances with the "new" blood and end of season hype. We've never had situations where people have been harassed into earlier advances and never should. Communication is always the best policy so just posting any delays is probably the golden rule since we've seen people vanish. Just my two pennies.

8. Hova

Yup communication will always be the best policy and is what keeps leagues together and is the reason we have forums. I will always be reminding guys on the forums to what needs to be done still but that is my job. You will never be punished for not getting stuff done early, you have the 72 hours and until the deadline which i post every week. Don't feel bad if your taking longer than everyone else, I know alot of us are busy and have things to take care off, that is the whole idea of having the 3 day advance.

9. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

Civil War time

Oregon - 49
    Oregon State - 19

Karma came back to bite me big time though. I smiled when I put Rogers out for the game in the first quarter then three series later the Beavers put my QB Daron Thomas on the shelf for four weeks. He'll miss the Illinois game and maybe even my bowl game I think.

Other than that it was a pretty typical game, I'll have a review up on my recap page after dinner.

10. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Guys, I did my best. I took those jokers in Miami to OT, but I couldn't keep up. Tech falls to Miami 38 - 31.

Man, I wanted to beat those guys!

11. Hova

Dang that sucks, look like you played them well though

12. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

came close though

13. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Check this out, the NCAA NEWS now projects me to be in the Eagle Bank Bowl. Is that possible? 5-7 and 8th in the Big 12? I guess we'll see next week!

14. Hova

I don't think so, the projections are a week behind. 6-6 would have but i think your going to just miss the bowl game

15. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I bet you are gonna be a huge FSU fan next week.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

USC - 37
    UCLA - 10

Pretty much got dominated by the USC ground game and their defense. Was a game early but after I missed a wide open WR running down the middle of the field, it was all over for us. Good game Hova. Maybe next year I can make a game of it for you!