2011 Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Nov 16, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Friday 11/19 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Thursday 11/18 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No user games this week so we will advance by Thursday night, 10pm PST. I'll get the dynasty wire stuff up after work. Cant access that here. If someone wants to copy and paste it, go for it!

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Welcome to Week 14!

=============== Arizona Wildcats (4-7) ===============
    Last week, Arizona won 48-0 against Washington State (5-6).
    This week, the Wildcats will host Arizona State (3-8).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Andrew Banks has committed to Arizona
    - (***) LT Bob Harvey has committed to Arizona

=============== Oklahoma Sooners (8-4) ===============
    Last week the Sooners were idle.
    This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== Illinois Fighting Illini (7-5) ===============
    Last week, Illinois lost 35-28 against Wisconsin (10-1).
    This week, the Fighting Illini are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Josh Dean has committed to Cincinnati
    - (***) FS Rashad Ross has committed to Illinois
    - (*) C Terrance Fontenot has committed to Ball State
    - (***) HB Jon Justice has committed to Illinois
    - (***) HB Cedric Koch has committed to Northwestern
    - (***) HB Jay Lewis has committed to Ohio

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 35-6 against Minnesota (6-5).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Jake Sullivan has committed to Washington
    - (***) WR Tom Brown has committed to Iowa
    - (***) CB Michael Gray has committed to Iowa
    - (****) HB Alan Holmes has committed to Michigan State
    - (***) SS Alexis Gordon has committed to Auburn

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 42-35 against Texas (12-0).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Fort Worth to face the #3 TCU Horned Frogs (10-0).

=============== #21 Missouri Tigers (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 44-27 against Army (1-9).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (5-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Ronald Campbell has committed to Kansas State

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 35-17 against Michigan (7-5).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Boise to face the #6 Boise State Broncos (10-1).

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 33-19 against USC (9-2).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (2-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Ronnie Mitchell has committed to Oregon
    - (***) CB Trevor Vaughn has committed to Oregon

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (12-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 42-35 against Texas A&M (7-4).
    This week, the Longhorns are idle.

=============== #23 Stanford Cardinal (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 49-31 against Notre Dame (5-5).
    This week, the Cardinal travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Jay Morse has committed to Washington State
    - (***) RE Robert Douglas has committed to Stanford
    - (****) WR Zach Holland has committed to Hawai'i

=============== #9 UCLA Bruins (9-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 24-17 against Washington (6-4).
    This week, the Bruins will host #15 USC (9-2).

=============== #7 Wisconsin Badgers (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 35-28 against Illinois (7-5).
    This week, the Badgers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Justin Jackson has committed to Wisconsin

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I am not set to ready, but i Have completed my recruiting.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thanks Jay for updating the Wire stuff. The battle for the Victory Bell will be happening tonight. Wont be the same without Dre on the other end but at least I have a chance to win this time ;)

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Oregon 24
    Oregon State 20

You wouldn't have known the Beavers only had 2 wins coming into this game by the way they played tonight. They gave the Ducks everything they could handle and then some. Definetly one of the toughest games all season. QB Darron Thomas had one of his worst performances, throwing 3 interceptions and missing wide open receivers on more than one occasion. HB Matthew Pope was lost in the first half, leaving the Ducks with only 1 healthy HB, Jide Shinaba, who played well, rushing for 51 yards and 3 tds. The Ducks went into the fourth quarter trailing 20-7, but Oregon pulled its shit together and pulled out the win. A late interception by safety Eric Dargan sealed the deal.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oregon could slip into the NC game if Texas falls to Mizzou in the Big 12 CCG and Texas A&M takes down TCU tonight (dont make me sim that Jay!)

But beating Texas is going to be no easy task for the Tigers...should be a good one but I would put my money on Texas. Sorry dakota, maybe next year.

Another thing, did OSU play any user games this season? I know we had a few sims and a few people leave. Im pretty sure they won the sim game versus Oregon but im not sure they ever really got to play users (maybe Colorado the brief time he was here but I think that was a messed up situation all its own). Hopefully season 3 we can stick it out and stay with the guys we have right now.

That is all from the commish. Go Bruins :D

8. mboda

mboda Walk On

Ohio State has had 2 user games so far this year, Iowa and Colorado. We should of had 4 but we couldn't get the Oregon game scheduled and Michigan dropped out.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thats what I thought. I've only had 2 also, about to have my 3rd next advance. Hopefully we'll have better results next season with user games!

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA takes home the victory bell, trouncing USC. Full write in the AM. Some crazy offensive stats for USC but they still managed to blow it when it counted!

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think my I screwed up and gave the CPU games an extra day. Sorry fellas, we should have been advancing tonight. We'll advance tomorrow as soon as those 2 CPU games get played. I believe Jay and Yank are left. Again sorry about the fuzzy math on my part.

12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Just curious but how do you guys do the offseason? Do we knock it all out in one big bloc party (great band btw) or just advance once a day or something?

13. Jayrah

I'm playing tonight don't sim till morning at least please. The thursday advance threw me. I thought you meant Wednesday, but didn't have time to play earlier.

14. Jayrah

Last offseason we did 1 advance every 12 hrs on a 6pm to 6am schedule. Worked pretty well IMO

15. Jayrah

Texas A&M 24 @ #3 TCU 20

The Aggies vaulted themselves back onto the national stage on Saturday, with a championship denying, 17 play, 4 minute and 19 second drive that culminated with a 3rd down Touchdown pass from Tommy Dorman to Don Bishop from 4 yards out. The catch was sweet justification for Bishop, who had dropped 2 crucial 3rd down passes earlier in the half, and a wide open, perfectly thrown pass on the very same drive. It was also total Joy for the entire TAMU team, as the sideline erupted in jubilation as they saw the td pass completed, and rushing the field as CB Steven Terrell wrestled TCU QB Casey Pachall to the Horned Frog turf on the final play of the game.

"Oh my god what a hard fought game. They were so fast, and they just went after us all day long defensively. I mean they came from everywhere. But our kids held in there, and just put together the drive of the year in our conference, in my mind at least. Against that team, in that situation, with everything on the line, man what a battle. Defensively, they were better than the team we played last week, I really think so." That statement coming from Head Coach Roshaun Pesho-Davis.

In Dorman's post game interview he was quoted as saying: "We just beat the 3rd best team in the nation. And they were every bit of that ranking. It feels great man, but it's been a really tough, long year, but we're so much better for it, and we came out alright at 8-4, and with some real quality wins. We got the bowl game now to learn some more about each other, and then we're gonna come out and really go after it in spring. I believe we can be the Big 12 champions next year. We just gotta be more consistent."

The Aggies will now prep for a trip back to a major non-BCS bowl, after failing to get to one last season.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I meant Wednesday but didnt change it so I wasnt going to sim anyone until tonight. Yankeery is all thats left. If he can play today, I can advance us around 5pm PST or so. If not, I'll have to wait until 10pm like my post states (Dont want to piss anyone off advancing early...)

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I would love to knock it out in one night but it would have to be late, after 8pm PST. We'll discuss it soon and see what everyone's schedule looks like. Otherwise, what Jay said will be what we do. 12 hour advances...usually one around 6am PST and one around 6pm PST.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I edited the score for you Jay...you had it as 20-20. I saw this morning that you won 24-20. Nice win by the way. All the user teams are gonna move up. We could have quite a few of us in BCS games with Boise and TCU going down this week.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2011 Week 14
    USC Trojans – 15
    UCLA Bruins - 44​

Pasadena, CA – The UCLA Bruins finally break through against their crosstown rival, and take home the Victory Bell, defeating the USC Trojans 44-15 at the Rose Bowl.

The Trojans moved the ball all game against the UCLA defense. But UCLA has lived a charmed life this season, especially in the Red Zone. USC had 6 Red Zone trips but were only able to score on TD and one FG. The Bruins would capitalize on 2 Matt Barkley interceptions, returning them both for TD’s. The UCLA defense also scored a safety, taking down Barkley in the end zone on an option play early in the 3rd quarter.

On offense, Kevin Prince lead the way, throwing for 2 TD’s. USC was able to keep any rushing attack the Bruins threw at them at bay, allowing just 87 yards on the ground.

UCLA improves to 10-1 on the season and looks to end its magical season with a win against the 7th ranked Wisconsin Badgers next week.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 F
    USC 6 3 0 6 15
    UCLA 7 14 9 14 44

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    USC UCLA
    First Downs 25 10
    Total Yards 609 339
    Rushes-Yards-TD 36-154-1 23-87-2
    Comp-Att-TD 30-41-1 11-20-2
    Passing Yards 455 252