2011 Week 2

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 5, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 2!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Spartans were idle.
    This week, the Spartans travel to Stanford to face the #3 Stanford Cardinal (0-0).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (1-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 68-24 against Ball State (0-1).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Columbus to face the #6 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) WR Jake Joyce has committed to Kent State

=============== UNLV Rebels (0-1) ===============
    Last week, UNLV lost 28-14 against BYU (1-0).
    This week, the Rebels travel to Salt Lake City to face the Utah Utes (0-0).

=============== Akron Zips (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Zips were idle.
    This week, the Zips travel to Bowling Green to face the Bowling Green Falcons (0-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Blue Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Bowling Green to face the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (0-0).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Panthers were idle.
    This week, the Golden Panthers travel to Denton to face the North Texas Mean Green (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following FIU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Dominic Hood has committed to Central Michigan

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Owls were idle.
    This week, the Owls travel to West Point to face the Army Black Knights (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida Atlantic targets have announced their decisions:

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Aggies were idle.
    This week, the Aggies travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) WR Glen Jones has committed to New Mexico State

=============== Memphis Tigers (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Tigers were idle.
    This week, the Tigers travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (0-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Memphis targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) DT Lee Clark has committed to Memphis
    - (**) RG Derek Pope has committed to Memphis
    - (**) RT Shaun Scott has committed to Memphis

=============== New Mexico Lobos (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Lobos were idle.
    This week, the Lobos travel to Fort Collins to face the Colorado State Rams (0-0).

=============== Central Michigan Chippewas (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Chippewas were idle.
    This week, the Chippewas will host FCS Southeast .
    In recruiting news, the following Central Michigan targets have announced their decisions:

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-0) ===============
    Last week the Eagles were idle.
    This week, the Eagles will host FCS East .

• Like Like x 1
  2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Fuck, I just realized those slackers in Michigan didn't accept their invites in time so I didn't get to do their schedules.

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Ya wtf is that shit? I get Stanford, Snoopy gets to put up 124 points on an FCS team?

4. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Irish-N has back-to-back games vs FCS schools...

5. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Mid Tenn State opens the season with a win over rival Western Kentucky 45-14. WKU put a scare into the Blue Raiders early- Scoring on just the second play of the game. On the following drive, MTSU threw an interception, and a few plays later the Hilltoppers were in the end zone again for an early 14-0 lead. But it was all MTSU from then on. The Blue Raiders put 28 points on the board in the 2nd quarter to go into half with a 28-14 lead. Middle Tennessee closed out the game with 17 points in the second half. Player of the game goes to WR Malcolm Beyah for 4 catches for 84 yards and 2 TDs. After QB Jeff Murphy's interception- the senior went on to throw 11-for-13 for 236 yards and 2 TDs. Next week MTSU travels accross state to play powerhouse Tennessee, who thumped the shitty Memphis Tigers 51-3.

6. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Memphis gets the Blues

UTP.jpg

UTBOX.JPG

KNOXVILLE - It all started out so promising. Memphis received the opening kickoff, and methodically worked their way down the field. The six minute drive eventually got the Tigers to 1st and Goal from the 8, but from there they stalled and kicked a field goal to take an early 3-0 lead. On the ensuing drive, the Volunteers ran a draw play to open the game and slipped by the Tiger defense for a 45 yard run. The Tigers stiffened and held the Vols to a game-tying field goal.

And then everything fell apart for Memphis. When receivers weren't frolicking around through the Tiger secondary, they were simply outjumping the overmatched Memphis corners and safeties, pulling down 3rd and long bombs left and right.

And the Tiger offense was just as pathetic.

"I thought we hired this fuckin' offensive guru from Idaho" said one fan after the game. "We only managed 76 passing yard? What the hell?"

It was that kind of day for the Tigers.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I cant help but like this... I still have a slight bit of Blue Raider pride in me.

8. CoachRedd

Eat your hearts out fellows... got the most sought after recruit since Terrell Pryor... 1:1stars:FB Terrance Ward. C Speed C+ acceleration D+ Break Tackle C Run Block... thats right.. you can all take him off your radars now as he is a runnin reb. Im sorry about your disappointment.

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well...There went the #1 player off my board...

10. CoachRedd

UNLV gets throttled.

Utah 66
    UNLV 10
    Player(s) of the game: Training staff for dealing with the rash of injuries suffered by the Runnin Rebs as they couldnt handle the big hits of the Utah Utes.
    Honorary Mention goes to the bus drivers for getting us the fuck out of there after that slaughterhouse.
    Game Description: See title, use imagination.

While we certainly competed against an equal BYU team, Utah jumped us from the start of this game. My option offense gained decent yardage on the first two drives but ended up pissing them away with fumbles returned for 6 the other way. My starting QB suffered a game ending injury in the 2nd quarter and that was all she wrote on my offenses' ability to move the ball on the stingy Utah defense. If I dont get my offense into some kind of rhythm by conference season, this could get ugly early on for us.

Up Next: Bye week 3 followed by facing the curly headed fucks of MTSU in Ray Fisher stadium during week 4.

• Like Like x 4
  11. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

[​IMG]

My laptop isn't in front of the Xbox so I can't write up to much. I lost in 3 OT's in a game that featured each kicker going 5 for 5. TO's killed me as my QB threw 5 picks and I had a WR fumble a ball as well. It's going to be an interesting season as pretty much my offense that I've been running in ranked games was garbage against a crappy CPU team.​

Two huge plays that didn't go my way were on the last drive in regulation I had 3rd and goal at the inch line. I was stopped for a 2 yard loss and kicked a FG. On 4th and goal at the 2 in OT with them having to get in the end zone to stay a live they threw a terrible pass behind the line of scrimmage where the WR shed a tackle and dove under a defender to send it into the 3rd OT.​

• Like Like x 4
  12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'm about to head out so I'll keep this short.

Colorado St - 27
    New Mexico- 24

Let's just say this was a quite a shock to me as to how tough this season will be. CSU was a full letter better than me C+ compared to D+ but I wasn't worried. For the most part my defense performed quite well, but my offense just kept turning the ball over...Both my QBs are terrible. My offensive line is embarrassing and my WRs may be worse than both. My RB is nothing to brag about but he at least didn't turn the ball over... Ugh

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bl0ndeRedHead

Yeah offense is MUCH more difficult in this year's version. Last year, the CPU would still score 42, but we'd score 45. This year, the CPU can still score, but the shitty teams can't move the ball for dick.

14. nikpin

Yea, I had really only played ranked games with teams no worse than B- and one game against Dylan with Ivy's so this game against the CPU was pretty eye opening. I forgot how the computer pretty much knows what your running on offense and some shit just doesn't work like it should. I'm sure after a couple of seasons I'll figure out how to out cheese the CPU but I'm kind of glad we are down a CPU game this year.

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Aggies Rally for Win
    But Suffer Season Ending Setback - Turner out for Season​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things looked grim for the first year coach as NMSU headed to Utah State and stalled on their first drive. After punting, Utah State RB Robert Turpin took it 80 yards to the house first play from scrimmage to set the tone. Utah St ended the quarter with a 14-3 lead. NMSU held USU to two 2nd quarter FG's and strung together a drive of their own to take a 10-20 deficit into halftime.

In the second half NMSU started to find their offensive groove while USU still continued to move the ball but couldn't get into scoring range. The Aggies held USU to only 7 2nd half points while scoring 21 of their own. The biggest play of the game came when NMSU was stopped on a 3rd and goal on the inch line. Instead of electing to kick though NMSU sent out the goal line package and punched it in on the shoulders of FB Ronald Opetaia with only 44 secondsd left to take a four point lead. A gutsy move no doubt, but one that ended up paying off in the end. When asked about it after the game Coach Hammons was quoted saying, "I want my guys knowing I have faith in them. I take calculated risk, and I knew our guys would convert that and wanted to start the season with them knowing I believe in them."

While the Aggies came out of Utah State with a win, it came at a huge cost. Impact player 70+ OVR HB Kenny Turner suffered a season ending collarbone injury after carrying the ball only 12 times for 89 yds. He looked promising in this game and looked to be a focal point of the Aggie offense this season so coach Hammons has some questiong to address now in the upcoming weeks.

17. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

What was the screenshot capture program you all told me to use for win 7? Is there anything similar you know of for xp. I don't have the high powered desktop anymore im stuck with my old crappy laptop now that I'm up here at school.

18. nikpin

I've got Vista and something called Snipping Tool.

19. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

20. CoachRedd

Is there a way I can like just a paragraph instead of a whole post?

21. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I hate you for this. And my season definitely got much more challenging after he went down.

22. Bl0ndeRedHead

No it didn't, injuries don't work in ODs right now

23. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

24. Bl0ndeRedHead

Am I the only one here who knows about this? Injuries disappear once the commish advances the week, so next week your HB will be off the injury report, and if he blows his ACL next week, in week 4 he'll be good to go. The only people who have their injuries stick once the week is advanced are the CPU controlled teams, and the commish (y)

EA is fixing it in the next patch, but it will only work if we don't advance past "Training Results" in the first offseason before the patch comes out. If we do, then no injuries except to DCD the whole dynasty.

25. CoachRedd

in that case lets fly though this season.

• Like Like x 1