2011 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Oct 21, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

User games due by Saturday 10/23 10pm PST
    CPU games due by Friday 10/22 10pm PST

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Iowa (0-2) at Iowa State (0-3)
    Last week, the Hawkeyes lost 19-10 at LSU (1-0)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Iowa targets.

Missouri (1-0) at FCS East
    Last week, the Tigers had a bye week
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Missouri targets.

#12 Oklahoma (2-1) vs #21 Virginia Tech (1-2)
    Last week, the Sooners won 16-7 vs. Ole Miss (2-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Oklahoma targets.

Texas A&M (1-2)has a bye week
    Last week, the Aggies lost 38-24 at Wisconsin (3-0)
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets announced their decisions:

OLB Barry Kent [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] TAMU

UCLA (2-0) vs #6 Oregon (2-0)
    Last week, the Bruins had a bye week
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by UCLA targets.

#5 Michigan (3-0) at #2 Texas (3-0)
    Last week, the Wolverines won 38-12 at Boise State (1-1)
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets announced their decisions:

CB Kurt Pettit [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Texas

#6 Oregon (2-0) at UCLA (2-0)
    Last week, the Ducks won 45-11 at Washington State (1-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Oregon targets.

#2 Texas (3-0) vs #5 Michigan (3-0)
    Last week, the Longhorns won 56-21 vs. Clemson (1-1)
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets announced their decisions:

HB Brett Ryan [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] TCU

#19 Arizona (3-0) at Oregon State (0-1)
    Last week, the Wildcats won 27-21 vs. Colorado (1-2)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Arizona targets.

#3 Ohio State (2-0)has a bye week
    Last week, the Buckeyes had a bye week
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets announced their decisions:

#1 USC (2-0) vs Stanford (2-0)
    Last week, the Trojans had a bye week
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by USC targets.

#4 Wisconsin (3-0)has a bye week
    Last week, the Badgers won 38-24 vs. Texas A&M (1-2)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Wisconsin targets.

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

4. Jayrah

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 13
    Oregon - 17

Full write up later tonight...at work but it was a tough fought game by both teams. UCLA had its chances but couldnt come through in the end. A stupid play on my part right before the end of the half cost me 3 points which turned out to be huge. Good game dakota.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Thanks Recc. You played really well, I was able to move the ball but never put together a whole drive....well except for the 2nd quarter. I got lucky there at the end of the second half, looking back at the highlight I think my corner just out-muscled your WR for the ball. In all honesty, I was wondering what you were doing there. I have completely given up end of the half drives like that one. Less than 30 seconds and 50 yards to go for field goal range, I have thrown so many picks in those situations. I just run it or take a knee. Last year, I threw a screen pass against dre that he returned for a td.....same situation. That pass interference...........like I said last night, you see those called so rarely. I actually think it was a good call, I was trying to user catch that but your LB knocked me out of the way.

Well, maybe next year I'll get to come to LA. Good game.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah I was trying to user pick and bump him just before the ball got there. That pick was just stupid on my part. I was trying to get close enough to kick a FG but it ended up biting me in the ass. Hopefully you'll come to the Rose Bowl! Im tired of going up to Autzen!!!!

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

If the user game between Texas and Michigan happens tonight, we will be advancing by 10pm PST. So if you have a CPU game, get it done ASAP! Post here if you cant.

9. Jayrah

Still looking for POTW entries this week. If noone enters noone wins and week 4 won't be represented at the end of the year...

10. Jayrah

The Texas A&M coaching staff is disappointed with themeselves, taking full blame for the loss in week 3 against Wisconsin. "We need to mix more passes into our 3rd down and short to medium range packages. We put our line at a disadvantage most of the game last week, running a majority against a loaded box in those situations puts our front 5 in a huge hole" said coach Davis. Meanwhile QB Tommy Dorman had a tremendous second half, and is excited to get his number called a bit more: "We are putting together some 'mixer' packages together for short range plays in 3rd down situations. We want to run the ball, but the defense needs to see that we have options against a loaded front. The offense is pretty excited about the developing play packages, it seems to have re-energized us this week. We were so down after getting beat up in a game we felt like we should have competed in for 4 quarters."

In a unique situation, TAMU has 3 weeks to prepare for their opening conference opponent, Oklahoma State.

11. Jayrah

Looks like Texas and Michigan are getting ready to take the field for warmups in Ann Arbor. 7:30 PST Kickoff.

12. Jayrah

Earlier in the day, Arizona was upset by Oregon State in Tuscon. This really puts a dent in UA's quest for a Pac 10 Championship

13. Jayrah

Uscsux has requested a morning advance so he can get his game in later tonight, in case you didn't see that in our PM's Rec.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yep I caught it

15. Jayrah

Cool. Looks like I may be doing next weeks ESPN Game of the Week as well. Not sure when Dre is gonna be free. He'll resume duties on that when he gets off his shift and contacts me.

16. Jayrah

Haven't seen Jax on the Board of games. It probably won't kill him to have the cpu sim an FCS game, but still. Where ya at bro?

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 26
    Michigan 18

Texas wins with defense, Field goals a a hefty dose of luck. I can not say I have ever seen a team drop more interceptions than Michigan. A 58 yard TD went through the defenders HEAD while that defender was doing a catch animation. Gilbert failed to complete 11 passes, one was a bad throw on a WR screen, the rest probably hit defenders in the hands. My complements to Michigans coach for possibly the best user coverage on any play EVER. He single handedly covered 3 players and then intercepted the pass. As the only defender in the middle of the field on a zone play, off the snap he took away the TE streak, then switched to the crossing WR long enough for me to move on in my progression, then he sprints back across the field to jump infront of my 3rd option and get the pick.

18. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

Oklahoma 28 - Virginia Tech 21

Big win for OU over a highly underrated #21 Virginia Tech. With no run game OU relied on passing while a little luck didn't hurt either in this terrific win on the road for the Sooners in OT.

(check game summaries later for more info.)

19. Jayrah

Nice win Sux.

Nice write up and highlights WGW. Also good win....although by the looks of it maybe some debate as of whether it was fully deserved ;)