2011 Week 6: Panthers @ Falcons

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by G_T_G, Sep 13, 2011.

1. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

THE OTHER MATTY ICE
    [​IMG]
    Matt Bryant's 52 yard field goal as time expired gave the Falcons the 16-13 win.​

ATLANTA, GA -​

The Falcons barely avoided a monumental upset against the Panthers at home this week. Tied 13-13 with only 2 minutes to go, the Falcons eventually drove down the field and lined up for a 52 yard FG with :04 left on the clock.​

Falcons kicker Matt Bryant, who had missed a 55 yard attempt earlier in the game, was ready for the distance shot this time and put it through the uprights dead center. Time expired as the ball soared over the goal post and the Falcons had earned their 6th victory of the year.​

This is Matt Bryant's 2nd game winning field goal of the year, as he kicked the Falcons to a win in week 2 against the Eagles as well.​

Many will question Atlanta after playing a team like Carolina so closely. Perhaps they were looking past the Panthers? Maybe they are just overrated?​

Only time will tell as the Falcons will need to continue to prove what kind of team they are throughout the rest of the season.​

2. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

nice win!

3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Not really lol, Cam Newton played better than Aaron Rodgers did against me!

I still hung on though.. I didn't even play that bad they just stuck with me the entire game.

4. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Cam is tough on this game though so I consider it a good win