2011 Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Dec 6, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2011 Week 6

We have advanced. Next advance will be:
    Wednesday 9pm EST

The big game this week pits #6 UNC trying to bounce back against #8 and undefeated Clemson. Should be a good game, we'll see who Killa picks in his weekly write up.

Weekly Polls
    1 UF
    2 VaTech (jumped all the way from 8 to 2 in one week wow)
    6 UNC
    8 Clemson
    11 UGA
    13 Maryland
    15 LSU
    18 Tennessee
    23 FSU

National Spotlight

Weekly Schedules
    Tigers look to come out on top over Florida on a big weekend for football.
    Can UNC right the ship and knock off the Clemson by slowing down the best offense in the nation?

Heisman Watch
    Will McNeal be able to get back into the thick of the heisman race?

Player of the Week
    Miami WR Travis Benjamin 6 rec, 139 yds, 4 TDs in a 42-7 romping of Boston College.

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    J. Boykin WR VaTech 5 rec, 63 yds
    C. Wilson TE UNC 9 rec, 151 yds, TD
    D. Thompson WR UF 4 rec, 78 yds, TD
    S. Fitzgerald WR Utah 10 rec, 108 yds, 3 TDs
    D. Meggett HB Terps 23 car, 69 yds, TD

2. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I'll write up Clemson unc late tomorrow if you guys haven't played yet. If you beat me then I'll do UF vs LSU instead...

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Auburn bests Navy 59-31

Pretty pleased with the defense, still gave up 150 yards on 15 carries but he did most of his damage on 2 long runs.. We were able to cause 4 TOs but my stupid happy trigger finger on option pitches cost me twice and 1 was taken back for a TD.

Rollison continues to light up the passing game. 304 yards 4 TDs
    McCalebb is back healthy 15 att 108 yards 2 TDs. (as soon as he hit 100 he was taken out)
    Harry Adams 7 rec 248 yards 35.4 avg.. corners have a hard time with man against him and sometimes zone because of his speed

full write up soon

4. GoGators

as an fyi, I modified the sliders slightly. I bumped user tackle up 1 and cpu pass coverage up 1.

5. KnightNoles

Did you just do it or before you advance b/c it wont be in affect until you advance the week

6. GoGators

I did it before I advanced, the sliders are in effect this week.

It's not my first rodeo noles!

7. KnightNoles

hahaha :dance nana:

8. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Sliders work pretty well this weeek
    still very tough to slow down impact running backs but thats how it should be

9. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Maryland vs. NCSU

TERPS OUT TO PROVE THEY ARE A TITLE CONTENDER

The Maryland Terrapins came out to prove something today. There have been doubts about the new head coach and new offense and defense all season, but they sure didn't look like a pushover today. Maryland came out and absolutely destroyed NCSU, 63-21. The Heisman hopeful, Meggett, came out and had a career day with 209 yards and 4 touchdowns on the ground and another 102 yards receiving. He looks like a sure bet. The senior QB Robinson also had a career day with 302 yards through the air and 3 touchdown passes. He finished the day with a QB Rating of 268.1! Unreal! The backups got some serious reps today and the Sophomore QB Murray had 11 rushes for 104 yards and 2 touchdowns. He runs like a deer! He reminds me of a young Tim Tebow. Who knows? Maybe this is a sign of things to come. Great Game.

Game Statistics
    Stat TERPS NCSU
    Score 63 21
    First Downs 21 21
    Total Offense 653 462
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 40-338-6 41-140-1
    Comp-Att-TD 14-19-3 21-35-2
    Passing Yards 315 322
    3rd Down Conv 8-10(80%) 6-14(42%)
    Turnovers 0 2 INTs
    T.O.P. 13:03 15:00

Players of the Game
    Column 1 Column 2
    TERPS D. Meggett- 26 carries, 209 yds, 4tds, 3 rec. 102 yds
    TERPS D. Hartsfield- 10 tackles, 2 ints

10. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Week 6

#8 Clemson - 34
    #6 UNC - 24

Clemson pulls off the upset in week 6 against an equally hungry UNC Tarheel team. Throughout the season, the Clemson Tigers have benefited from playing inferior opponents. As a result, many in the media have discredited the offensive numbers Clemson had put up through 5 weeks. Although Clemson scored well under their season average, they moved the chains when they had to. QB Willy Korn played a great game, avoiding the Tarheel pass rush and finding the open receiver. He completed 17/25 passes for 255 with a 1/0 ratio. All-American HB Jamie Harper also had a good game. The workhorse ran the ball 27 times for 156 yards with a score. Harper, showing off his versatility, also caught 3 passes for 49 yards. Things didnt go as well for All-American WR Bryce McNeal, as he caught only 2 passes for 23 yards. Something tells this writer that McNeal isnt too concerned though...
    On defense, the Tigers could not stop the Tarheel ground game. HB Ryan Houston ran 15 times for 127 yards, an 8.4 average. Luckily for Clemson, it was able to grab a lead and force UNC to play from behind and thus, decrease emphasis off the running game. QB Mike Paulus had a solid game, completing 18/24 passes for 234 yards with 3 scores. Unfortunately, he was also picked off 3 times, which was probably the difference in the ball game. Two interceptions came as Paulus was getting hit, and another occurred when a ball bounced off the receiver's hands, so you cant blame Paulus for those miscues. TE Christian Wilson did nothing to hurt his Heisman chances, catching 6 passes for 82 yards and a score.

Next week, Clemson travels to NC State for the annual Textile Bowl. Last year, Clemson gave up over 300 yards on the ground to NC State, so the Tiger defense is eager to atone for that performance.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

UNC and Clemson, huh?

12. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Power Poll

(1)#1 Florida- Just too fast.
    (2)#2 Virginia Tech- Offensive numbers get scarier every week.
    (3)#6 Morth Carolina- I'll still take them vs. most user teams.
    (4)#8 Clemson- Get to make case for higher ranking this week vs. UNC.
    (5)#13 Maryland- Only one loss and it's to a highly ranked Clemson team. Don't know why they're not actually ranked higher in the game.
    (6)#11 Georgia- To losses to ranked user teams.
    (7)#18 Tennessee- Sole loss is to #1 Florida and I think they'de beat LSU if they matched up right now.
    (8)#15 LSU- They're lucky to be this high. 52 rushing yards a game for their leading rusher and lost to a horrid Miss. St. team.
    (9)#24 Florida State- Really on a slippery slope right now. Sneaking by some bad teams and 114th defense in college football.
    (10)Auburn- There may be a new king in Alabama. We'll see when they meet for the Iron Bowl.
    (11)Alabama- 3 consecutive losses puts them and 1-3 and outside the top 25.
    (12)Miami- Mediocre offense and defense has led to an implosion in Miami.

13. GoGators

The Maryland game is ridiculous. NCSU puts up 150 on the ground, 300+ through the air, leads time of possesssion, and still gets the loss. Mainly because Maryland goes bananas racking up 600+ yards of total offense in 13 minutes. Wow. Who knew the turtles had such fire power, I thought it was the Hare that was fast.

Some of these stats show that the CPU defense AI really needs a boost. Anybody have some suggestions?

14. LeGeNd RiPs

Yea. I Basically could score at will. Meggett just destroyed their defense

15. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I think both Defenses need a boost. I'd rather see scores in the 30's than in the high 40's

16. LeGeNd RiPs

Yea. I agree. I am absolutely disgusted with my defense. They played terrible. I am just lucky my offense is so high powered.

17. GoGators

Yeah, I agree with both of you guys too. I have yet to play the CPU though so I'm kind of on the outside looking in, that's why I'm looking for some input from you guys.

18. LeGeNd RiPs

Well, the sliders aren't terrible, its still more challenging than normal. Why don't we play on heisman?

19. GoGators

I've lobbied for this in the past, but a lot of people don't like it because it makes the game unrealistic, which I can agree with. Since the DBs cut at the same split second the WRs do, I can understand the gripe. We'll keep trying with the sliders for now.

20. LeGeNd RiPs

Oh, ok. To me, it's even easy to be heisman teams. Idk, i was thinking we could try to keep the sliders and go to heisman. Just a suggestion. Make the games more challenging while still being able to beat the teams that should be beaten.

21. KnightNoles

Now Florida State opens up......

22. GoGators

hahaha, I figured you'd like that. You already are FSU in your coast to coast league, you can't be them twice.

23. KnightNoles

ahh sure I can, right now I think Auburn is in better shape and if I can generate something recruiting wise then it will be all go

24. KnightNoles

Who ever takes over FSU will be held to a high standard... lol

25. GoGators

Ya, right along w/their first year recruiting sanctions.