2011 Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Dec 9, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2011 Week 7

We have advanced. Next advance will be:
    Saturday 9pm EST

Weekly Polls
    1 UF (39)
    2 VaTech (21)
    5 Clemson
    9 UGA
    11 Maryland
    13 UNC
    20 Tennessee (they fell 2 spots by winning???)
    23 LSU
    25 FSU (they fell 2 spots by winning????)

ESPN Headlines

Gameday Headed to Blacksburg
    Lee, Kirk, and the guys are headed to Blacksburg for one of the biggest games of the year. Gators vs Hokies. Who says the Gators don't play anyone out of conference???

The Gators and Hokies also bring two heisman trophy candidate WRs in Thompson and Boykin. This should be an interesting one as it's a rematch from the `09 national championship game that the Gators won.

Heisman Watch
    Meggett's running leads to a Maryland win and helps his heisman candidacy.

Player of the Week
    Maryland HB Davin Meggett, 26 car, 209 yds, 4 TDs, 3 rec, 102 yds

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    D. Meggett HB Terps 26 car, 209 yds, 4 TDs, 3 rec, 102 yds
    D. Thompson WR UF 5 rec, 90 yds, TD
    J. Boykin WR VT 5 rec, 63 yds
    H. Adams WR Aub 7 rec, 248 yds, 3 TDs
    M. Brown WR UGA 10 rec, 117 yds

2. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Some big games this week and coming up
    getting to the nitty gritty part of the year

Im waiting for ya next week Between the Hedges KSherm i got some damn good corners to keep up with your speedy recievers

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I guess the skilled position player gets more credit than my QB.... Oh well Ill take Adams in the Heisman race

4. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#5 Clemson - 52
    North Carolina State - 20

The Tigers traveled to Raleigh for a match-up against rival NC State in week 7. Last year, the Tigers surrendered over 300 yards on the ground against the Pack. This year, Clemson did a better job at containing the running game (although not as well as coach would have liked). HB Brandon Barnes ran for 130 yards and 2 scores on 19 carries, with a 67-yard run that brought back memories of last year. QB Mike Glennon, on the other hand, could not get into a groove in front of the home crowd. While he passed for 246 yards with a touchdown, consistent pressure forced Glennon into throwing 3 picks. The first interception, by CB Rashard Hall, was returned 46 yards for a Clemson score.
    On offense, Willy Korn had a tough time throwing against NC State. He completed 13/26 passes (50%) for 242 yards with a 1/1 ratio. His main target, WR Bryce McNeal, was well-covered for the majority of the game and caught only 2 passes for 72 yards and a score. On the ground, Jamie Harper found a couple of holes and ran for 104 yards and a score. His backup, Andre Ellington, played in the fourth quarter and pounded the Wolfpack for 78 yards and 2 scores.

Next week, the Tigers travel to Hokie country for their first user match-up against Virgina Tech.

5. KnightNoles

Auburn loses Rollison for Season

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    AUB 7 14 11 17 49
    ARK 9 6 0 8 23

[​IMG]

Tyrik Rollison is lost for the season, one week before trips to LSU and Georgia. We will se how well the team reacts to the adversity that they will face, but a lot feel that Andrew Miller has the talent to lead the Tigers to the SEC West crown. He is the same Overall as Rollison but a 4 points lower in speed at 80, but has a stronger arm. The Auburn defense continues to struggle or is it more a bend and not break defense? Arkansas rushes for 260 yards on 34 attempts.

Harry Adams now the go to guy caught 5 balls for 175 yards and 3 TDs also had a rush for 8 yards.

Full recap in summaries

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Duke 77 - UNC 17

Coming off of a disappointing loss to Clemson, the Heels seemed to be in a funk all game. No matter what they tried they simply couldn't stop the fearsome Duke attack. They were gashed on the ground to the tune of 387 yards while also getting burned through the air as they gave up 499 yards of passing. Duke scored on every possession in this rivalry game and completely embarrassed the young UNC defense.

If things don't get turned around quickly, UNC's future could become very, very bleak (although one could certainly argue that a loss to Duke, especially by this much, already signals a bleak future).

7. GoGators

Bad news for you is it's not between the hedges, it's in Jacksonville. Bad news part II is that this is the only game I lost last year and it ruined my season, so believe me when I say that this ones been circled on the calendar for a while.

8. GoGators

What the hell happened??!!?!?!?!?!

How freaking drunk were you??? Did you try the Ron Artest experiment, getting wasted at halftime?

9. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Holy shit! You must have drunk like 4 cases! WTF?!

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

This has to be a joke....has anyone confirmed this. This has to be another one of Jello's hoaxes. Duke is terrible, there is no way they score 77 unless you were playing in Cameron Indoor Arena and even then I think the Tarheels score more than 17.

11. KnightNoles

I believe this is a hoax, from what I can tell UNC is on a BYE week

12. LeGeNd RiPs

WTF? It has to be fake...

13. jello1717

I tried to make it as unbelievable as possible, but I still got a couple people.

I know I go on and on about how bad my defense is, but come on!

Duke?!?

77 points?!?

900 yards of offense?

We suck, but not that hard!

14. KnightNoles

Careful what you say. I asked why my skilled player was getting all the attention than my qb. 30 mins later qb breaks collerbome and done for the season....

15. jello1717

Luckily I have a bye week this week (and I don't play Duke for a while) so I have lots of time to let the bad karma wear off.

AND even though I predicated a blow out over NC State the day before I played them and then I had to barely hang on to narrowly beat them, I will say now that I will completely totally, and utterly obliterate Duke when I play them.

Take that karma!

16. GoGators

hahaha Jello you kidder!!!

I really chalked it up to you coming home completely wasted and playing a game. You have done this before and squeaked out wins. So, I figured maybe you like passed out with your head on the controller and when you woke up this morning the game was over and you knew you couldn't restart it haha.

17. LeGeNd RiPs

Wow....i really couldn't believe that duke scored 77 points! That's a load of crap...i dont care how deep into ANY dynasty we are! Duke will never put up that kind of offensive performance.

18. GoGators

Really, don't they know there's a 70 point max in this dynasty??? I'd hate to have to kick the Dukies out.

19. KnightNoles

If Duke puts up 70 points I think you would have to kick the user out

(y)

20. LeGeNd RiPs

Ha! Agreed

21. KnightNoles

well what looks like the SEC West will be on the line next week as Alabama falls again, even though they could play spoiler.. Auburn @ LSU for a big lead in the West race!

22. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

LSU vs. Kentucky (W 34-16)

This game is what LSU football is all about take the other team out of the game, revive the running game, keep the defense guessing, and win the football game. 0 turnovers on the LSU side and 2 picks vs. the Wildcats. The game was never in question and besides a lucky score at the end and a long run from the 3 or 4 yd line(a new record) the Kentucky offense was held in check.

It was nice to see Ford run 21 time for 93 yds.

Thanks for helping me get back on my feet Florida.

23. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Power Poll

(1)#1 Florida- Narrowly escaped defeat.
    (2)#2 Virginia Tech- Might have the best shot at knocking Florida off along with Clemson.
    (3)#5 Clemson- I like their defense a lot.
    (4)#11 Maryland- Need to play more studs to see how good they really are.
    (5)#9 Georgia- Same reason as Maryland.
    (6)#13 North Carolina- Back-to-back losses has them reeling, but schedule the rest of the way is light.
    (7)#20 Tennessee- Some big wins on the resume.
    (8)#25 Florida State- Can't seem to hang onto those new coaches very long. We'll see if the change is a distraction.
    (9)#23 LSU- My how the mighty have fallen. Don't panic yet.
    (10)Auburn- At the top of the SEC West so they go ahead of Alabama.
    (11)Alabama- Not as bad as their record indicates.
    (12)Miami- Begin a grueling run in their schedule.

24. kezo ny

kezo ny Guest

Miami 31 Florida State 24

Miami pulls off an upset against #25 ranked Florida State. Jacory Harris was 13 for 22 with 218 yards and 2 touchdowns. Laron Byrd grabbed both of the touchdown receptions as he used his height and speed to get off the defender. Lee Chambers had a good game for the Hurricanes as well with 99 yards rushing. The defense for Miami wasn't enough to stop Florida States rushing game as they had 150 yards rushing but the offense didn't let up and put up enough points to secure the win

25. GoGators

Dang, look at the new young gun knocking off the premiere league power.

Kezo, I'd like to see you post some highlights for the user vs user games you play. Do you know how to do this?