2011 Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Dec 12, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2011 Week 8

We have advanced. Next advance will be:
    Tuesday 9pm EST

Weekly Polls
    1 UF (36)
    3 Clemson (1)
    6 VaTech
    10 UGA
    13 Maryland
    15 UNC
    19 Tennessee
    21 LSU
    25 Auburn

Auburn jumps into the top 25 and FSU falls out.

ESPN Headlines - Showdown Saturday!

Gameday Headed to Jacksonville
    Lee, Kirk, and the guys are headed to Jacksonville for the worlds largest outdoor cocktail party. It's the annual rivalry between the Bulldawgs and the Gators. This game as usual has huge SEC East implications.

The Gators are really rolling right now, but the Bulldawgs have more than enough talent to make this a tough game.

Next Up!
    Undefeated Clemson is ready for the Rowdy Fans at Carter-Finley Stadium. Can the Tigers win on the road in what looks like a preview of the ACC championship game???

True Test
    This weeks big game matches SEC powers, Auburn and LSU. Winner takes a stranglehold on the SEC West and has the inside track to Atlanta.

Heisman Watch
    The poor play of Brown has some wondering why he was a candidate.

Player of the Week
    UGA CB Branden Smith 8 tackles, 3 INTs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    H. Adams WR Aub 5 rec, 175 yds
    D. Thompson WR UF 9 rec, 182 yds, TD
    J. Boykin WR VT 9 rec, 137 yds, 2 TDs
    D. Meggett HB Terps 26 car, 209 yds, 4 TDs, 3 rec, 102 yds
    J. Harper HB Clem 24 car, 105 yds, 23 rec yds, TD

2. GoGators

Huge games this week with the conference divisions on the line Saturday. We may need more than one game of the week write up this week.

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Tennessee 41
    Alabama 14

Tennessee:
    Coleman: 9/14 148 2TD
    Brown: 29 carries 148 yards 3 TD
    Oku: 13 carries 72 yards

Alabama:
    B. Scott: 4 Tackles, 159 ret yards TD
    Richardson: 33 yards TD

The Tennessee Offensive line pushed defense around all game. The vols racked up 250 rushing yards and 3 TDs on 46 carries. The low risk Vols offense managed to put up 41 points without giving up a turnover.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wilson Has a Career Day as Heels Offense Kicks It Into High Gear

[​IMG]
    Christian Wilson now holds the UNC single season record for TD receptions

Mike Paulus and Christian Wilson just shredded the Virginia defense all game long. Paulus had 2 annoying interceptions, but he also completed 64% of his passes for 287 yards and 5 TDs. Wilson caught 10 of those passes for 159 yards and a whopping 4 TDs. His 4th TD was his 13th on the season which broke the UNC single season record. UNC's 2 impact receivers both had 1 TD and 83 and 53 yards of receiving. On the ground, Ryan Houston started off strong, but was held in check for the last half of the game. He ended up with 79 yards on 16 carries. UNC's beleaguered defense played surprisingly well as they held the pitiful Virginia offense to only 13 points.

This game was played in front of 9 recruiting prospects so hopefully UNC will finally start getting some of the many commitments that are needed. Next week they will host Miami and their new head coach Kezo NY.

Box Score
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Virginia 3 7 3 0 13
    UNC 0 21 10 14 45

Game Statistics
    Stat Virginia UNC
    Score 13 45
    First Downs 16 17
    Total Offense 278 386
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 26-(-4)-1 29-65-0
    Comp-Att-TD 20-39-0 19-29-6
    Passing Yards 282 321
    3rd Down Conv 4-15(26%) 5-11(45%)
    Turnovers 1 3
    T.O.P. 13:06 14:54

Players of the Game
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Virginia C. Mosley 12 tackles, 1 TFL
    UNC C. Wilson 10 rec, 159 yards, 4 TD

5. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Great game
    looks like you had a tough time running against that 3-4 defense of Virginia

Wilson continues to tear it up out there

6. jello1717

With the way I was running the ball in the 1st quarter I thought that Houston was going to have a career day. After that, I couldn't run the ball at all any more.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

another disco...........

Auburn ontop of LSU 31-21 with a min and change left in the 3rd LSU possession, I broke up a pass to bring it to 2nd and 10 D/C

8. KnightNoles

Tried again... D/C before kickoff
    damn EA Servers

Game scheduled for 3 central Wednesday

9. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#3 Clemson - 24
    #6 VT - 23

Well fought game on both sides, however, Clemson edged VT in the turnover department and walks out of Lane Stadium with the win. The Clemson defense picked off JuJu Clayton 2 times in the 1st half. Additionally, Clemson held VT to 43 yards rushing total - a remarkable feat. Mallicah Goodman was constantly in the VT backfield. Goodman, a sophomore DE, had 10 tackles, 1 sack, and 3 tackles for a loss.

QB Willy Korn did put up flashy stats, but he was a steady performer. He completed 19 of 24 passes for 182 yards with 2 scores and 0 interceptions. All-American Jamie Harper rushed for 74 yards on 14 carries. Just as it seemed he was gaining confidence in the 3rd quarter, he got injured and was sidelined for a quarter. WR Brandon Clear lead the Tigers with 58 yards receiving, while Bryce McNeal had another quiet game - only 27 yards receiving, but he did catch a TD.

JuJu Clayton had a good game for the Hokies, as the Tigers' focus was on containing the run. He completed 19 of 31 passes for 256 yards and 2 interceptions. Heisman candidate WR Jarrett Boykin had a great game, catching 7 passes for 119 yards. HB Ryan Williams had only 22 yards rushing on 12 carries.

Next up for Clemson, a game in Atlanta against Georgia Tech.

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Those early turnovers really get you down not only on the scoreboard, but mentally as well. My guys just don't seem to play well from behind. I did manage to claw back in the second half to take a 20-17 lead but Clemson's offense was very consistent in moving the chains and controlling the clock and went up for good with a go ahead TD. Not much of a highlight reel, this game was far from flashy with no big gains that I can remember. But overall not being able to run the ball really killed me. Clemson's front 7 is the best I have seen this year. Good luck to you the rest of the season, I am pulling for an undefeated regular season for you and then crossing my fingers in hopes for a ACCCG rematch.

11. jello1717

That's how I lost to both of you guys. I had early turnovers which forced me to play from behind all game and abandon my run which was effective against you both early on.

12. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Power Poll
    (1)#1 Florida- Someone stop the dominance.
    (2)#3 Clemson- Not many undefeated teams left.
    (3)#6 Virginia Tech- Losing to the best team in the country by less than a score isn't so bad.
    (4)#10 Georgia- I feel another loss coming for them this week vs. Florida.
    (5)#13 Maryland- Let's hope their easy schedule doesn't hurt them in the long run.
    (6)#19 Tennessee- Only 2 ranked opponents left and in shape to make a run at SEC championship. They'll need help to knock off Florida though.
    (7)#15 North Carolina- Any loss from here on out would be a major upset, so I see them winning out.
    (8)#25 Auburn- Needs to prove they're a worthy pick for this spot against an angry LSU team.
    (9)#21 LSU- Playing like a rabid dog backed into a corner right now. Look out.
    (10)Florida State- Falling from grace?
    (11)Miami- The turnaround begins now?
    (12)Alabama- Desparately need a win.

13. Beazus Christ

Not looking forward to playing you again (if that is indeed how the cards fall). I was +2 in turnovers, yet won by just a point.

14. jello1717

I think that VT would have to really screw the pooch to not win their division.

15. Beazus Christ

^^^^^^^^^

I was thinking more about me, but VT hasn't locked up the Conference Championship game either.

16. GoGators

Ya, I'm thinking Ju Ju will be seeing you in Tampa.

17. GoGators

Georgia 7
    UF 30

Revenge!!!

The Gators finally got the revenge they've been waiting a whole year for. Their sole loss last season, in overtime, that sent them to the Sugar Bowl instead of the National Championship has been avenged.

New Georgia Coach DHarvey, inherited a very talented program, but he also inherited a bitter rivalry that the Gators were extremely motivated for.

The Gators D was lights out in this one. They caused numerous turnovers and left the Georgia offense stifled. Standout Freshamn QB W. Robinson was left shellshocked after tossing 4 INTs and a fumble that resulted in a scoop and score for the Gators. (check big man DT Jaye Howard rumbling for the TD in the highlight below) Coming into this one UF knew they had to contain UGA's talented offense in order to attack the soft spot of this team, it's defensive front 7.

The Gators D did it's part leaving UGA confused and frustrated. Then, the UF offense attacked. UF held UGA to 7 first downs and 185 total yards while racking up 18 first downs and dominating time of possession.

It was a great game and a great outting for the Gators. UGA has a solid team and they will definitely be tough in the future as their star backfield matures.

Great game Harvey! Good luck the rest of the way.

In a side note: UGA's corners were up to the challenge of UF's talented WR corp just like Harvey said they would be. The coverage was so good that it allowed UGA to attack John Brantley and they were able to rack up a half dozen sacks.

Georgia's MVP contender Marlon Brown scored the sole Georgia TD after devouring his man in one on one coverage. "We had a blown play call on that play. We didn't want to leave our #2 CB on an island with Marlon all week, but we did on that play and boy did he make us pay!" -Coach KSherm

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UGA
    UF​
    First Downs
    7​
    18​
    Total Offense
    185​
    328​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    14-16-0​
    37-89-1​
    Comp-Att-TD
    11-19-1​
    16-23-1​
    Passing Yards
    169​
    239​
    Turnovers
    5​
    1​
    T.O.P.
    7:31​
    20:43​

Players of the Game:
    Game Ball K J. Phillips 3/3 FG, Long 38

UGA M. Dowtin 12 Tkls, 3 TFL, Sack, ​

Here's some highlights: (The John Brantley INT, then TD saving tackle may have been the play of the game for UF. If UGA scores on that play it would have been a completely different ball game. Instead on the ensuing possession, UGA fumbles and the big man rumbles to the house and does the gator chomp!)
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14412763
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14412835
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14412866
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14412885

18. kezo ny

kezo ny Guest

Georgia Tech 81 Miami- 78

I kid you not...Georgia tech scored 34 straight points to open the game. From what looked to be a blow out Miami came back with the help of Laron Byrd who had over 400 yard recieving and 7 TD's... Jacory Harris threw 6 interceptions which didnt help the Miami defense to much as they couldnt really do anything. The game ending up going to 5, yes 5 overtimes before Georgia Tech scored a TD on a riciculous run.

Just throwing it out there i dont know if anyone else feels this way or not but the CPU runs all over me, I feel like they break every tackle. Even passing to i guess because they didnt score 81 points on just running. Maybe the defense needs to go up and the offense down. Just throwing that in the air.

19. KnightNoles

20. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

I would of believed you if you said like 60-59 but 81-79 lol not happening thats just retarded

21. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I feel a lil' better about how much I suck this year....

22. Beazus Christ

Geez...wow...

23. GoGators

I'm really not sure what to think about this game from Miami. UNC and VaTech have both played GT and didn't have anywhere near the score that happened with Miami and GT. Are you sure that you guys didn't play a basketball game???

I guess the 5 overtimes could potentially add 35 points to the score on each side. What was the score at the end of regulation?

24. jello1717

I thought he was pulling our legs like I did with the UNC/Duke thing, but he's not! I didn't even think it was possible to score that many points with 7 minutes quarters, but I guess 6 INTs and 5 OTs can help facilitate that.

All I can say is

"wow,"

but this says it way better than I possibly could.

[​IMG]

400 yards and 7 TDs by 1 receiver in 1 game?!?

25. kezo ny

kezo ny Guest

Well the CPU scored 32 in OT and I scored 29