2011 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Dec 15, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2011 Week 9

We have advanced. Next advance will be:
    Friday 9pm EST

Weekly Polls
    1 UF (38)
    2 Clemson (22)
    12 VaTech
    13 Maryland
    15 UNC
    17 Tennessee
    18 UGA
    20 Auburn
    NR LSU, Alabama, Miami, FSU

ESPN Headlines

Gameday Headed to Athens
    Lee, Kirk, and the guys are headed to Athens for an SEC showdown between Auburn and Georgia. Georgia's looking to bounce back after last weeks dismal performance against UF and Auburns looking to keep the momentum rolling after a big win in the Tiger bowl last week.

Auburn has a lot on the line in this one while UGA has nothing to lose. Should make for an interesting game. Can Auburn win on the road? Can UGA stop Mr. Adams??? I think UGA's CBs will provide big time headaches for Auburns freshman QB by blanketing his WRs. Add to the fact he'll be playing in Athens and I'm picking UGA for the upset.

Heisman Watch
    Buckner keeps his heisman hopes alive as he leads the longhorns to a 35-10 win.

Player of the Week
    Miami WR Laron Byrd 11 rec, 411 yds, 7 TDs

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    H. Adams WR Aub 7 rec, 137 yds TD
    D. Meggett HB Terps 38 car, 278 yds, 3 TDs, 5 rec, 71 yds, TD
    D. Thompson WR UF 5 rec, 72 yds
    C. Wilson TE UNC 10 rec, 159 yds, 4 TDs
    D. Buckner WR Tex 12 rec, 151 yds, 4 TDs

Side note: Sliders have been modified slightly to hopefully help the defenses out a little bit.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Check my schedule, I believe about every win has been on the road except 1 maybe 2..

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I just checked the dynasty HQ and all I can say is Hoe-Lee-Crap! In my book, that's the upset of the year so far!

4. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Looks like both the Coastal and Atlantic divisions are wide open this year...

5. KnightNoles

The Va Tech game Im guessin?

6. jello1717

Yep!

They still haven't lost in division yet so they're still the front runners, but now they can't afford another conference loss.

7. KnightNoles

I hope EA fixed this problem, last year in a dynasty I think it was LSU that had 2 losses but 0 on their side of the conference and they were left out of the SEC champ game to Alabama that had a worst record

8. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#2 Clemson - 51
    #16 Georgia Tech - 13

A Georgia Tech team that ran zero option plays? Believe it. Clemson came in focused and ready into week 9. Although RB Harper gets the accolades, QB Willy Korn is the undisputed leader of the team. As usual, Korn responded with a steady performance, as he was 17 of 28 for 224 yards. WR Bryce McNeal, whose stats are down considerably from last year, had a big game, catching 10 balls for 154 yards. On the ground, Jamie Harper found it tough in the beginning to pound the rock, but the coach kept calling his number and he eventually wore down the defense. He ran a staggering 35 times for 169 yards and 3 scores. His backup, Andre Ellington, gained 59 yards and 2 scores as well.

The defense was led by the outstanding play of DE Mallicah Goodman, who had 7 tackles and a forced fumble. HB Roddy Jones looked uncomfortable outside of the option, and only gained 60 yards on 20 carries.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Va Tech vs Boston College
    L 34-28

After going up 14-0 this game looked like it was going to be a blow out for sure. But then both QB Ju Ju Clayton (3 weeks) and RB Ryan Williams (2 quarters) go down to injury. So WR Jarret Boykin does his best Keyshon Johnson impression "Just give me the damn ball". Inspired by Brandon Marshall's performance last weekend, Boykin put up true arcade numbers with 20 rec 338yds 3 TD. But the problem was Clayton's back Antone Exum. Exum threw 6 pics (2 returned for TD) and lost 1 fumble on an option pitch. Va Tech did have a chance to go ahead late in the 4th when Ryan Wiilliams returned to the field, but he fumbled on the 2 yd line trying to dive for the pile on. So 8 turnovers and playing with a WR diva doesn't add up to a victory. Defensively the Hokies played their best given they were playing on their side of the field most of the second half. The Hokies still control their destiny in the ACC Coastal division, but after 3 losses in a row the moral is very low in Blacksburg.

Coach Hokie made this statement:

"I want to apologize to all the other coaches. I got caught up in statistics and awards. Well it looks like karma got the best of me and my team. I lost my starting QB for 3 weeks and my ACC title hopes have diminished. I promise you, you will see a much more focused team the rest of the year. Thank You."

10. GoGators

Wow! I like the Tebowesque promise, but wow!

11. KnightNoles

Auburn walks all over beaten down Georgia

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 F
    Aub 14 7 7 3 31
    UGA 0 10 0 0 10

Georgia coming off a loss to top ranked Florida didnt get any better this week as they go a hot Auburn team between the hedges. Georgia won the toss and elected to receive and there second play into the drive was picked and few plays later McCalebb would run it in from 23 yards out to put Auburn ahead and never look back. The major story was that Georgia's freshman qb Robinson was colorblind the whole game and Auburn's defense made some great reads on his throws as he threw 6 picks and the Tigers didnt turn it over at all. Miller, Auburn qb, had another good outing as he completed 12 for 16 for 181 yards and 2 TDs. McCalebb had 24 attempts for 136 yards and 2 TDs. Ol' Harry had another big day with 6 catches 103 yards and a TD along with 65 yards and 30 yards on KR and PR. The story of the defense was hard hits and turnovers with Neiko Thorpe getting 4 interceptions alone. Auburn has 5 straight wins and all 5 have come on the road since the loss to Florida. Auburn plays at home next week? Yes, they get Ole Miss coming in and will be hosting a few recruits also.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Name Position Stat
    Andrew Miller QB 12-16 181 yards 2 TD
    Onterio McCalebb RB 24 attempts, 136 yards 2 TD
    Harry Adams WR 6 rec 103 yards 1 TD
    Reggie Taylor SS 10 tackles, 1 tfl, INT
    Neiko Thorpe CB 5 tackles, 4 INT

Thorpe's first INT
    McCalebb TD after pick
    Georgia's lone TD
    Harry Adams another SEMVP moment
    Perfect WR screen call
    Column 1

12. KnightNoles

in order to keep viewing clips you all might wanna join youtube and then upload them on there to keep them alive, otherwise there dead as they get replaced on EAsports. If you try and look at my Aub-LSU clips there all gone except for the last one which hasnt been replaced yet, if you need help to go from EA to youtube illl help you out

13. jello1717

I'm confused. Are you replying to yourself here?

14. KnightNoles

no I was just making a general statement

15. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Tennessee 56
    South carolina 14

Coleman 24/28 414, 6 TD, 0 INT
    Oku: 17 carries 90 yards TD
    Brown: 11 carries 69 yards TD
    Evans: 8 rec 181 yards 3 TD
    Richardson: 7 rec 85 yards TD

BJ Coleman could do no wrong. A near perfect outing going 24 for 28 for 414 yards and 6 TDs. The gamecocks simply could not get pressure on the qb and the result was coleman picking the gamecocks apart. Coleman only had 4 incomplete passes, which is also the number of drops by Wrs in the game.

I made a highlight reel but it would probably be better if I did not embed the YouTube video. If and only if you really want to check it out. Here is the link.
    Tenn vs south Carolina highlights

16. GoGators

Hahaha, that highlight reel is hilarious. I'm sad to say I watched the whole thing. Man it's funny how much music videos have changed sinced the `80s.

I can't believe the turtles upset the Seminoles. Both Lee and Kirk were on the FSU bandwagon for that one. Sounds like the Terps dominated on defense and special teams and those two facets can win ball games.

Things aren't looking good for the "other" Florida school.

17. jello1717

Miami?..

18. GoGators

FSU.... .

19. jello1717

That sounds like two other Florida schools (although, really, FSU is the Florida school and FU and Miami are the "other" Florida schools).

20. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Power Poll

(1)#1 Florida- Right now, I don't even think Clemson could beat them.
    (2)#2 Clemson- Steady against VT last week, but still sweated at the end.
    (3)#12 Virginia Tech- I think voters were too hard on them after losing to the #1 and #2 teams in the country by a very small margin in back-to-back weeks.
    (4)#15 North Carolina- I'd still take them over most teams head-to-head.
    (5)#17 Tennessee- Not getting the love they deserve in the polls.
    (6)#13 Maryland- I see them as a paper Tiger right now and have them on upset watch this week.
    (7)#20 Auburn- Hard fought win vs. LSU and a deep receiving corp.
    (8)#18 Georgia- I actually think LSU would beat them if they were playing, but...
    (9)LSU- Loss to Miss St. is a killer that Georgia doesn't have this year.
    (10)Miami- Beat FSU
    (11)Florida State- Lost to Miami
    (12)Alabama- I think they really miss McElroy.

21. GoGators

I guess you're a michigan fan so being "the" school in a state means being right around .500 and missing or barely making bowl games.

22. GoGators

I really have no idea what's going on with Bama. That is by far the biggest surprise of the season if not entire dynasty.

Where is Killa anyways???

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Bah Humbug!

24. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I'm really trying to gain some respect in this dynasty. I hope this helped.

25. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Great game Cole. Sorry i haven't been on the forums lately guys. Finals are almost finished and I will definitely be on more in the coming weeks.