2011 Week 9

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Nov 4, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No User games
    CPU games due by Friday 11/5 10pm PST

We have 2 open teams as Steamer has moved on. So if anyone wants to jump to the Pac10 let me know. We'll have a chat soon on what to do come season 3.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Welcome to Week 9!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Arizona Wildcats (3-4) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 48-16 against Washington (3-2).
    This week, the Wildcats are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Jose Brooks has committed to Arkansas
    - (****) CB Matt Pollard has committed to UCLA
    - (****) RG Paul Stovall has committed to UCLA

=============== #22 Oklahoma Sooners (5-3) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 59-36 against Iowa State (2-6).
    This week, the Sooners will host Oklahoma State (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Matt Cook has committed to Boise State

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 38-16 against Purdue (2-5).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #15 Michigan (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Tommy Robinson has committed to Missouri
    - (**) CB Zach Davis has committed to Iowa State
    - (***) MLB Michael Carter has committed to Utah
    - (***) SS Kyle Lacey has committed to Ole Miss
    - (**) SS David Perkins has committed to Memphis
    - (****) FS Jarred Jones has committed to Iowa
    - (***) SS Curtis Hall has committed to Oklahoma State
    - (***) SS J.R. Abrams has committed to Utah

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M lost 20-17 against Nebraska (5-2).
    This week, the Aggies will host Kansas (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Brandon Spencer has committed to Arkansas
    - (***) LE Prince Finley has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (**) K Joseph Collins has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #24 Missouri Tigers (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Missouri won 46-36 against Texas Tech (1-5).
    This week, the Tigers will host Iowa State (2-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Jevon Dickens has committed to Kansas State
    - (***) DT Tommy Robinson has committed to Missouri

=============== #1 Ohio State Buckeyes (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 41-9 against Minnesota (4-2).
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (2-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Maurice Britt has committed to Tennessee

=============== #7 Oregon Ducks (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 44-41 against Arizona State (1-7).
    This week, the Ducks are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Joseph Clay has committed to Florida
    - (*****) HB David Reid has committed to Texas
    - (*****) TE Paul Herman has committed to Oregon

=============== #3 Texas Longhorns (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 55-21 against Baylor (5-3).
    This week, the Longhorns will host Nebraska (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Kevin Brown has committed to Texas
    - (*****) HB David Reid has committed to Texas

=============== #21 UCLA Bruins (6-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 10-7 against Cal (3-3).
    This week, the Bruins will host #25 Stanford (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Matt Cook has committed to Boise State
    - (****) CB Matt Pollard has committed to UCLA
    - (****) RG Paul Stovall has committed to UCLA

=============== #2 USC Trojans (7-0) ===============
    Last week, USC won 52-10 against Washington State (3-4).
    This week, the Trojans will host Cal (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Aaron Morton has committed to Minnesota

=============== #8 Wisconsin Badgers (5-1) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Michael Jefferson has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) DT Scott Stewart has committed to Wisconsin

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

2 of em in 24 hours? Holy crap dude.

Well as soon as we figure out who's in and who's out for teams I'll reset the board, for now I'm gonna go with the previous teams and throw up a tweet board tonight.

Also after deliberation and experimenting with schedules the past two or three weeks, I think I'm gonna spread out the info boards between the week. I'll do some things on Sunday night and some on Wednesday/Thursday. So it won't be all at one time to keep the boards fresh and moving throughout the week. Also I'm gonna be contacting some of you on possible material that you can contribute as we move into season 3 with some solid and good football playing members.

Even though we've lost 2 of our guys, I feel we have a dedicated core group now, and it's really starting to shape up as a keeper league. I'm excited to get some more ppl involved with some info on the Night Owls weekly and Tweet boards, moving forward. I've gotten some great suggestions and will be putting forward some effort to involve you guys in minimal roles that will shape some fun materials throughout our seasons. I hope you guys will be up to helping me, and eachother to keep this league growing.

I also apologize for all the sporadic info up to this point. We've had about a third of our league in and out, and I haven't found the best formula for getting dedicated responses from a good portion of you. By that I mean I haven't found a way to involve you guys without apparently taking too much of your time. So I'm working on that for sure. Dre is in and out now with his training, and I'll need to get with Sux and WGW to figure out how to get consistent material to the board. So it's getting nailed down.

BTW I'm out of town as of Friday and I'll be back late Sunday. Not sure yet the user game status or if I have one next week but I may need an extension through Monday night to get a user game done. I hope that's not the case but it may be. Just a heads up.

4. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

Thanks Jayrah for your dedication to the league. It is guys like you who make the boards worthwhile and keep us active.

Hopefully the new people we add will be around for a long time and we can have a bigger "core" of guys who are a part of this league. User games have been a blast and I hope we can make these boards more active again because this league is great! Thanks to everyone who is constantly trying to make the league better. :)

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

This is my only league so I don't mind doing some extra work. PM me if you want to do something in particular.

6. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

COT DAMN minnesota stole a DT from me.. 09209324092oiajfo;al;fj;laljgfpqur09!!!

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas beat out oregon for slow 5* #4 HB, Reid. Rivalry game visit bonus gave me that edge I needed. Probably not worth the 5 star, one of my others fell through. I must admit I only want him because he has good carries and stiff arm. Hoping I can safely constantly use stiff arm with balanced big run.

8. DreSmithJr

if a skill position doesnt have 90 + speed he isnt playing for USC. NO SIR. lol

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas, Given them the Business

Texas 55
    Nebraska 0

Perennial brides maid Texas sits at number 3 in the rankings without another rank team on the schedule. This week Texas took solace in the destruction of the once storied program of Nebraska. The Nebraska head coach proved to the nation that he will not be detoured from shotgun running plays no matter how ineffective, or what the down and distance. After the game, Coach WGW was reached for comment:

"Its always nice when I can rely on the opposing team to give themselves one or two negative rushing plays per series. It gives me an opportunity to play my backups and try out new schemes."

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Who fell through for you?

These guys who have the lower speed ratings but higher other stuff are more usefull this year than they were in '10. The other ratings are more valuable is really what I'm trying to say.

11. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

The #1 FS that signed with LSU. He was crazy good, I think I could have had him if I had done his visit against oklahoma. Before I offered reid I resended my offer to 5 star ath Patrick Payne. The FS fell through a week later. I figured I wold miss one of my primary 5 star targets so i talked to reid all year as a back up.

I can still get payne, but since no other computer is close I will probably wait for the offseason to offer him. Would not want to miss an offseason stud because I used up all my 5*'s

*note, Payne is not particularly good. He is a fullback that can not carry the ball, or a TE that can not run a route.

12. DreSmithJr

USC 38
    Cal 35

man wtf.. these guys had a scoutiing report on me. Barkley might of lost his job at Starting QB, Baxter need 24 carries to break 100

man

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Everybody got their game in, gold stars all around.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Advancing here in a few