2011 Wisconsin Badgers Den

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Twister18, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

2011 Wisconsin Badgers Den

Game #1:

Wisconsin: 17 TTU: 24

Congrats to Coach Tmac and the Raiders as they played tough and well to earn the W against the Badgers. It was a back and forth game that saw the pivital point of the game was as TTU was driving to put the nail in the coffin, LB Mike Taylor stepped in front of a pass and returned it 67 yards to the Raiders 10 yard line. The Raiders then stopped the Badgers pass at the 4 to essentially seal the victory after a long run by Jeffery and a FG.

"I take all the blame for the play calling on that last series. I should have played for the win instead of focusing on running the clock down with 2:30 left in the game," Coach Twist remarked in his PC afterwards. "You have to give the Raider D huge props for the heart they showed and wanting to win the game more than we did."

The Badgers struggled with TOs and an inability to run the ball. QB Curt Phillips had 2 tds but threw 3 ints and only gathered 172 yards. John Clay ran for 52 yards and was bottled up by the Raiders D.

One change will be made after this loss: John Clay will be coming off the bench as Coach Twist was very disappointed by his offseason training program.

2. Twister18

Wis: 34 Ore St: 24

RB John Clay got the message that if he didn't practice well, he wouldn't play. Clay came out late in the first quarter and finished the game like a senior should. he went 26 for 101 yards and 3 tds. QB Curt Phillips had an average game, relying on 1 receiver to get many of his 182 yards. He went 10-18 and threw 1 pick.

WR Jeff Duckworth caught 7 passes for 141 yards as the Beavers were focusing on Nick Toon most of the afternoon.

The story of the game was the Wisky Defense as they had 6 sacks and 1 int. Moving DE JJ Watt to a DT position has worked out very well for the Badgers.

3. Twister18

Wisc: 23 NIU: 0

Curt Phillips struggled completing 11-19 for 209 and no tds but he did not throw an int and let the defense take care of the Huskies. John Clay had 23 rushes for 63 yards and a td.
    K Bob Welch was the offense today, hitting 3-4 fgs.

DE JJ Watt had 5 tackles, 3 tfl, 2 sacks, 1 FF and 1 FR.

4. Twister18

Wisconsin: 7 Penn State: 33

This game was determined by the first play: an 11 yard completion to Jeff Duckworth that led to a late hit call on the Penn State D and Phillips missing the rest of the game. Jon Budmayr went 12 for 34, 177 yards, 1 td and 3 ints.

John Clay is back in Coach Twists doghouse with 22 carrys for 38 yards. Clay looked extremely hung over after consuming way too much egg nog the night before.

The Defense did nothing worth writing about.

5. Twister18

Wisconsin: 48 Indiana: 37

QB Curt Phillips had an erratic day but made keys throws when it counted. He went 9-24 for 199 yards, 3 tds and 2 ints. His effort helped withstand a 500+ passing game by Indys QB.

RB John Clay atoned for a lost fumble to rush 22 times for 100 yards and 1 td and also added a catch for 51 and another TD.

WR Jeff Duckworth had 5 catches for 64 yards and a score as well.

The key to the game was 2 KO returns for tds by Erik Smith (95 yards) and Antonio Fenelus (92) yards.

The D was led by FS Stefon Johnson 13 tackles and Tyler Westphal survived double cover with a rb to have 6 tackles, 5 tfl, and 5 sacks.

6. Twister18

Wisc: 41 Michigan State: 19

The Badgers played a conservative game as QB Curt Phillips completed 12 passes out of 15 for 181 yards, 2 TDs and 1 int. RB John Clay had 38 carries for 129 yards and 1 td.

TE Rick Clay led the receivers with 6 catches for 51 yards and 1 td.

The D was very stingy, led by the DEs. Tyler Westphal had 4 tackles, 2 tfl, and 2 sacks. LE Brendan Kelly had 7 tackles and 1 tfl.

RB Erik Smith added an 89 yard KO return for a TD to spark the Badgers comeback after being down 13-0.

7. Twister18

Wisc: 31 Iowa: 38 (OT)

The Badgers let this game slip away as the clock ran out in regulation without a chance for Welch to cinch the game. Adam Robinson was the star today for Iowa.

Curt Phillips had a solid day, going 18-25, 173 yards, with 1 td and 2 ints. John Clay had 29 carries for 142 and 1 td.

The highlight of the game was 2 KO return tds by Erik Smith and Antonio Fenelus.

8. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Dont feel bad - I lost 63-16 @ Iowa last year so I know just how hard it is to win at Kinnick in this game!