2011 WSOP Main Event

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by CoachRedd, Jul 15, 2011.

1. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Hellmuth just got knocked out. Vanessa Rousso's sexy ass still has a lot of chips and a couple other notables are still left. Is this the year a big name pro wins the main event?

2. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

No the chances of a "big name" pro winning is very very unlikely. First off the firld is just to big and the "big name" guys are just to small a percent of that. Also "big name" pros arent necessarily the best players. Just because they are the most well known does not mean they are the best. There are thousands and thousands of people that play huge limit games all the time but don't care about being on tv are being in te spotlight. Also there are hundreds of thousands of people that play online every single day and are just as good as the ones you are accustomed to seeing on TV.

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I don't know about you guys but I love the insight that Hellmuth gives as a comentator. I had a buzz told my wife that I would be right up to bed and just sat there on the couch listening she came down about 12:00 and sat there and watched it with me for 30 more min. I can't remember the other dufus they have had I think his name was Norman chad but he had run his course they needed to get a pro in there. Very entertaining when you get in the mind of these guys..

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Norman Chad makes me NOT watch the WSOP

5. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

yea coming from someone who plays several times a week and has played several smaller wsop events I thought Norman Chad was absolutely horrible to listen to

6. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Lon Mcearen is good though.. .but yeah Norman Chad just tells cheesy jokes. I'm actually a huge Hellmuth fan and hated to see him walk away with 3 2nd's and still stay at 11 bracelets.