Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Apr 30, 2010.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

You motherfuckers better make room for me for 2011 cause I'm coming back to kick ALL your asses.

(y)

Love what you've done with the place Noles. Good to see you boys still rolling strong.

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Well look at who showed up!

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

What can I say? I miss you guys. :)

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Not sure how many people are going to read this, but I have a proposition for the transfer from 10 to 11 (that is, if you guys plan on doing that).

Instead of starting over with your teams with pretty much everyone on the team that you had season 1 and 2 on this game, why not take the time to transfer over ALL the players from the year in 10 that you stop so that you truly continue your dynasty from where you left off at when transferring from 10 to 11.

Not sure if you guys would be ok with that, but I could definitely do it all in a span of 3-4 days (that's transferring ALL players from the game to a spreadsheet that I'm going to have setup) and then another 2-3 days to input it all (once I get 11 which I will definitely be getting a few days earlier) once you have finished the final season you're doing in 10.

Thoughts?

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I'd rather start fresh with the new rosters. Maybe keep the same teams we have, maybe switch. Maybe just switch to a different team in your same conference... something like that.

Maybe it's just me and my crappy recruiting in C2C, but I'd rather just start fresh and see how far we can go running the dynasty from day1.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I agree. I'd rather just start fresh with the new rosters. If for no other reason than getting Terrelle Pryor back....if he's even any good on the new game. I think teams were open for the new release as long as they weren't currently occupied. ??

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'd rather start fresh as well with the new rosters (once they are named of course).

We kind of put the team discussion on the shelf a month or so ago, but I think right now everyone is staying with the team they have now if they want, otherwise they can switch to another team that is open within their conference. If you want to switch conferences, I think you'd have to negotiate with one of the current members of that conference and get them to leave so that the numbers still balance out.

As I recall, the discussions played out as follows:
    Noles - sticking with FSU
    Brian (BDS) - sticking with Ohio State
    Bond - sticking with Michigan
    Perry - about 90% certain he's sticking with Alabama
    Brave - sticking with Florida
    Twister - currently Notre Dame but willing to change
    Juggernaut - currently Oklahoma but might want to change to Notre Dame (his favorite team)
    Max - currently Oregon but wants to change. Would like Texas if he can convince me to change.
    Leon (Beazus) - currently Miami, but wants to escape Noles. Nebraska is his favorite team so maybe a switch to the Big 12 if an opening is there.
    Hippo - currently USC, his thought process for next year is unknown.
    Bogey - currently Nebraska, pretty sure he wants to pick a different team next year.
    Dru - currently Texas, would be willing to switch to possibly USC or maybe Miami if either of them open up, otherwise I will stick with the Horns.

8. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I'd like to stick with USC next year, unless someone really wants to switch. I would prefer to stay out of the Big 12 and Big 10 because I've used teams from those conferences in other ODs. I'd always be willing to take WVU if someone else wants to jump into the Big East with me.

(y)

9. Dru50

I'd like to run with USC next year, since they are probably the closest thing to a favorite team I have in college ball, but Texas is a good fallback.:D

If we were to move Notre Dame into the Big East that might be a good idea. One of the issues we have with 12 people is that the big 5 conferences (Pac 10, Big 10, Big 12, SEC, ACC) are represented by 2 teams each but then you have Notre Dame as an outlier and someone has to be the third wheel in one of the other conferences.

Something like this would be a good start for 2011:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Coach Team Conference Notes
    Brian OSU Big 10 stayin' put
    Bond Michigan Big 10 stayin' put
    Papa Alabama SEC maybe willing to switch
    Brave Florida SEC stayin' put
    Noles FSU ACC stayin' put
    Beazus Nebraska Big 12 switch from Miami?
    Max Texas Big 12 switch from Oregon?
    Juggs Notre Dame Big East switch from OU?
    Hippo WVU Big East switch from USC?
    Dru USC Pac 10 switch from Texas?
    Twist ??? ACC or Pac 10 switch from ND?
    Bogey ??? ACC or Pac 10 switch from Nebraska?

Just throwing out ideas. This would all hinge on whether Juggs would want to switch from OU, would Bogey be OK with a move from the Big 12, would Twist be willing to switch from ND, etc.?

I love these conversations....

10. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

You always miss a hemorrhoid when you don't have it right? :D:p

11. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I can tell...the team selection thread from Trifecta was like 15+ pages of this kind of stuff.

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Hook 'em...

I wont cry if I dont get the Horns. I should be able to pick them up in another OD if I dont get them here.

That said... I want 'em :)

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I gotta say with the future of my 2nd OD from C2C being unknown. I gotta stick with the Tide.

14. Dru50

What can I say, I like the negotiation aspect of team selection. I also watch the entirety of the NFL draft every year, I'm odd that way.

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Me too. How pissed were you when the 1st round ended and that was it for the day?

I completely forgot they changed the format... they need to go back

16. Dru50

I agree, my wife was PISSED when I told her that instead of me being MIA for Saturday and Sunday during the day, it would be Thursday and Friday night plus Saturday.

I really preferred the draft being an all day weekend affair, I used to plan house projects around that weekend so that I could just have the draft going on while I got things done.

17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I like the old draft format as well.

I'm not opposed to taking a team other than Florida. There are few teams I hate in real college football more than the Gators. That said I don't mind running with a stacked team that is loaded with likely overrated freshmen. My decision will mostly depend on what other teams decide to do and which teams become available.

18. Dru50

It would probably help the decision process if you could get an idea of what teams/conferences you might be willing to leave Florida for. For example, if you'd only leave Florida to take a Big 10 team, then you'll likely be sticking with the Gators.

However, if you were willing to take Cal as an example, that would open up an SEC spot for maybe Hippo to take, then I take USC, max takes Texas, dogs and cats start living together and we'd have mass hysteria!

(y)

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah Big 10 would be my first choice but I'd also be open to a Pac-10 school. It is tough to say without knowing the rosters but I'd be willing to consider running with Oregon, Cal or maybe even UCLA.

ACC - no interest, especially if Noles stays with FSU
    Big 10 - I'd have to kill Brian to get OSU, but maybe I can track him down when I visit Orlando in a few weeks :)
    Big 12 - I'd definitely give strong consideration to Texas if given that option, but I can't think of any other teams I like in this conference. Missouri might get some consideration if they weren't so mediocre.
    Big East - Possibly Pitt but little interest in other schools.
    Pac 10 - Oregon, Cal and UCLA would be possibilities depending on roster strength.
    SEC - Florida, Tennesse and Georgia would all be taken into consideration. I'd also consider LSU and Auburn if we did some conference realignment.

Conference ranks:
    1st: Big 10
    2nd: SEC
    3rd: Pac 10
    4th: Big 12
    5th: Big East
    6th: ACC