2012 - 2013 Offseason

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, Feb 16, 2011.

?

What night this weekend works best for you?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2011.
  1. Friday

60.0%
  2. Saturday

20.0%
  3. Sunday

20.0%
  1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

As much as I hate to see Rich go and step down as Commish it looks like we are going to lose him. I volunteerd to step in as Commish in hopes of keeping our league alive. Please be patient with me and feel free to offer advice on any topic, especially if you have some ideas that will help the league advance and grow. This is my first stent as Commish, so I'll be learning as I go.

I went online for a second last night to see who had games left to play, looks like Miami still needs to play their NC game. I wanted to get a feel for when everyone would like to start our offseason. I would like to get everyone online and push through it in one evening if possible. I know that worked in one dynasty I was in but it depends on if that works for the majority of us. I propose we do it one night this weekend.

Clay

2. themidnightrider13

themidnightrider13 Walk On

thanx 4 stepping up clay. we are all ready to advance now. any day this weekend works for me.

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Thanks for sticking around!! :) If I have control of the dynasty tonight when I get home, I'll advance us. Hopefully, everyone checks in today or tomorrow and we can set up a day for the offseason.

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

The file is in your hands now clay.

As far as the forum admin privileges, I requested that as well. That may take a day.

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

OK thanks

6. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

saturdays good got a league draft on sunday

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

OK, Saturday works for me as well. That makes three of us so far.

8. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

late sunday is best for me.

9. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

As it stands right now, Friday has two votes, Sat in with one and Sunday in with one. I'm good with whatever the majority vote is (if there is one). I can't see who all voted and what they voted for, but we there is at least still one owner left to vote. So far Gwill, RaiderNation, Midnightrider, and one more (don't know who) have voted. So we are waiting on either Willatr or C Young.

We'll give it until Friday 12 noon eastern time to get votes in. If there isn't a clear majority I'll pick a date and time. It's looking like Friday right now and if that is the case, we'll start everything around 6pm eastern. It seems to work best with everyone online at the same time during the recruiting portion, so that's what we'll shoot for. We should be able to fly through recruiting and then we can advance at a slower rate through the rest of the offseason. I would like to have the entire offseason done this weekend though.

If any of this doesn't work for you or if you have some ideas or input, please feel free to let me know. I'm kinda going by the seat of my pants here. Just wanna make things work out the best for everyone and for the league.

clay

10. themidnightrider13

themidnightrider13 Walk On

It's not optimal, but realizing that you really can't lure anybody in the offseason recruiting that hasnt already got you in their top 3 (realistically), but you can go ahead and set your recruiting board up in week one and turn on the recruiting assistance for schollys and visits, but leave off the ability for adding recruits to your board. I personally leave those two on all the time just in case for some reason I miss an advance. It will automatically use recruiting time on guys already on my board without rearranging the board or add or removing them. And if u manually use your time before an advance it won't do anything. So it is really a good idea to leave those on all the time....just in case!!! If we start it on friday, we can move it at a slower pace too so will be ready by Monday.

11. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Good info man, I'll try that. yeah, it is looking more like Friday afternoon at 6 pm eastern is when we'll start and (hopefully) finish recruiting that evening.

12. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Does everyone want to attempt to be online together at 6 pm eastern Friday to breeze through recruiting?? I've seen it done like this and it worked out great, plus we could possibly talk with each other (if you want) while we recruit.

13. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I've attempted to contact everyone in our dyansty, either on here or via direct message on xBox Live. We are going ahead with the offseason. We start tomorrow Friday 18 Feb @ 6pm eastern. It's not perfect but it's where we are. I still don't have admin privilages in the forum but when I do, I'll post in the New Memeber area to get us some new players. I've also got some feelers out there with people in other communities to see if there is some interest there.

I'm still very excieted and ready to start 2013 and I'm hoping most of you guys are too.

Also, some people may not like this, but I've found it the absolute best way to communicate within a dynasty and friends in general, text messaging. I'm going to give out my number. If you would like post yours here or at best pls private msg it to me if at all possible.

803-292-7995

14. C Young

C Young Walk On

Hey Clay,

I voted for friday in the poll a couple days ago, sorry I didnt post it here. I get out of work at 6 pm so I probably wont get home until you are midway through but I'm still down either way.

Thanks!