2012-2013 Texas Longhorns

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cnic75, Feb 9, 2010.

1. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

2012-2013 Texas Longhorns

Column 1
    [​IMG]

Total Players Seniors Players Leaving Early Scholarships
    70 12 - 12[/center]

Scholarship Rating Position Name Position Rank
    1 :3stars: WR Jonathan Stephens 38
    2 :4stars: G Myron Smith 8
    3 :4stars: TE Gary Jackson 14
    4 :5stars: QB Ryan Lee 1
    5 :4stars: QB Richard Gipson 14
    6 :4stars: QB Sean Davis 9
    7 :4stars: TE Kyle Walker 8
    8 :4stars: OLB Ryan Nelson 12
    9 :3stars: OLB Desi Lee 18
    10 :3stars: HB Ryan Morris 26
    11 - - - -
    12 - - - - [/center]

Column 1
    *=Bonus Recruit

2. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas signs 1st Recruit of the Season

6'2'' Wide Receiver Jonathan Stephens becomes Texas' first recruit of the season. The 214 lb pass-catcher fills a needs at his position. He has a 3 star rating and has been clocked at 4.44 in the 40.

3. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas Signs 3

Texas signs the #1 quarterback in the nation in Ryan Lee. He has a B rating for throwing power and a B- rating for throwing accuracy.

The Longhorns also picked up a committment from the #8 guard in the nation. He is listed at 6'4" and 330 lbs. He should jump right into the rotation at RG.

Gary Jackson is the 3rd player of the week to decide to play for the University of Texas. He looks to be a speedy tight end with B- speed who can both block and catch passes.

4. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Offense: Some drives were all run, some all pass, and some were a good mix; all were equally tough to defend. The running game was mostly up the middle with the HB, but the FB got his carries too; but watch out, the Longhorns can run outside too. The passing game was medium to short range, and the receivers can catch. A number of times they landed on thier heads, and still caught the ball. Drag routes gave Texas a couple of TD's.

Defense: Played it fairly safe here. Not a lot of blitzing, shifting or adjustments going on, but it's not necessary. You might think you have a guy open down the field, but the DB's have some nice makeup speed; and they can take your head off, so be careful throwing deep. They can also come up, and stuff your run. By the way, don't stand in the pocket too long either. I had some success with mid range post patterns, but they have to be quick.

If none of this helps, it's because I had no real success. Texas plays it safe. Their players are good, and my guys made some good plays, but one-on-one were often no match. If it was not for an accidental fake FG early, and about four dropped interceptions, this could have been ugly.

Don't be scared though, cnic is a good sim player.

5. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas Adds 4 More

Texas added 4 more recruits today. Bringing the season total to 8.

Richard Gipson (#14 QB) is 6'5" with B throwing power and B- throwing accuracy.

Sean Davis (#9 QB) stands 6'3' with B throwing power and B throwing accuracy.

Kyle Walker (#8 TE) has B- catching and C+ speed.

Ryan Nelson (#12 OLB) is another speedy linebacker with B- speed and B- tackling.

6. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas Signs 3 Star Outside Linebacker

Desi Lee is the latest prospect to join the Longhorns. He is a tall, thin linebacker standing 6'6" and weighing 216 lbs. His 40 time of 4.44 has him ranking as the fastest OLB in this class. He also has a B tackling skill and B- hitting power.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

3 QBs? Have some guys graduating? I assume garrett will be gone

8. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

Texas Signs Last Targeted Recruit

Halfback Ryan Morris signed with Texas this week. He is the last recruit that Texas targeted during the regular season. The 3 star runningback's 40 time is listed at 4.42. He also has a B rating for acceleration. He should compete for a backup roll going into next season.

9. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

The third QB was a mistake. I did not realize I offered him before he visited. He committed after he visited. Maybe it will workout in my favor. I think Gilbert will leave for the NFL and Bailey (3rd string) will probably transfer. I gave him a start against A&M to keep Gilbert fresh and keep Bailey from transferring. I am going to start him again against Air Force to try and avoid a transfer.