2012 AU Tigers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, Jan 21, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Jul 6, 2009
    2012 AU Tigers

Offense:Florida State
    Defense: Multiple D
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Jun 21, 2009
    Given the speed of his QB, the number of carries/yards by him and his FSU playbook, I came into the game expecting a lot of option runs, but he only called a couple. If his receivers run your defense off and you don't have a spy on his QB, he's gone for big gains. Spying him worked really well in the 2nd half, but this takes a defender out of the play. His HB tried to run but wasn't very successful. He likes to pass and he loves to chuck it deep when he does (even if the guys aren't open). He's very good @ user catching and does this on almost every pass attempt. I'd recommend a lot of cover2s and cover3s against him. I tried a lot of cover1s and some cover0s and he ate those alive with my subpar corners.

On defense, he usually called his plays before I did. When I noticed that he usually stuck with 4-3s, I started coming out in 4 wide sets. He didn't even audible out of his 4-3 when I had 4 WR spread sets so I was able to burn him deep a lot. He likes to user a LB when he expects a run and a safety when he's expecting a pass. I'd suggest staying away from his user controlled saftey when passing. He'll still switch to the nearest defender when the ball is in the air which can burn him (my 60 yard TD pass was because he usered the nearest defender and ran him out of the play). His defense (even the 4-3) seemed to be fairly soft in the middle when I wanted to pound the run inside.
  3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

May 19, 2009
    Offense: Likes to run the ball and then throw it deep outside to the boundaries. He's a sticks guy so he takes control of the players in every phase of the game. Expect him to attempt to out jump your CB for the deep balls. A favorite play in key situations is the speed option. Watch for the QB to keep it and hit the "B" gap (between guard and tackle). Doesn't run the option conventionally, it's more of an off tackle QB keeper from under center.

Defense: You better set your gameplan to conservative for catches and big runs. He attempts to user strip everything and is very successful with it. He also switches to the closest defender on every pass play and will jump your routes going for interceptions. He'll use his SS Reggie primarily and run around the field like a mad man. He doesn't play his own zone instead he reads your play and looks to jump whoever comes open.

Happy hunting!