2012 Auburn Tigers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dj391, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

2012 Auburn Tigers

2012 Auburn Tigers​

[​IMG]

2. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn- 42
    Cinci- 30

This one was a back and forth shootout for a while but the tigers Mia defense finally decided to show up in the 2nd half to hold the Bearcats to just 9 points as the offense continued to move at will all game. The Bearcats benefited from great field position all game long as the Tigers were reduced to using their FB at Kicker (sad i know). But as I said the offense was on point all day behind new QB Clint Moseley who was an absolute beast on the day finishing with a 221.1 QB rating going 15-20 for 230 yards with 3 TDs and NOOOO picks!!! Dyer coming off a season ending injury that derailed his heisman hopes last year came back strong as ever running the ball 40 times for 318 yards scoring 3 TDs.

Coach Dj after the game: "We have things we need to work on Defense wise obviously mainly i would say the run, the pass is fine like last year. But we cant allow the big gashes we allowed today. The offense was much better than expected, were implimenting a new system behind a pocket passer and i expected to have more of a hiccup in the pass game. But this guy is really accurate and he has the arm to make all the throws. Im very excited to see how our season will progress, now that we have an actual Qb that can deliver the ball. Not knocking Newton but Moseley is lightyears ahead of him throwing wise. Dyer was amazing as usual and thats what really excites me about this offense, you dont know whats coming at you and if we can sustain doing both efficiently like this then LOOK OUT WORLD!!!"

3. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn-28
    Va Tech-10

Auburn just absolutely dominated this game in every facet of the word. They got it done on all sides of the ball. Offensively the Tigers were clicking all day long, through the air and on the ground. Dyer was his usual self putting to rest talk of maybe his injury would hamper his ability this year. He ran the ball 22 times for 216 yards and 2 TDs. New qb Mosley was also dominant going 8-9 for 162 yards and 2 TDs of his own. Coming into this game the defense knew they had to stop the run and they did just that. Limiting the run game to just 73 yards 39 of which was from usually dominant RB Wilson. The pass game for the Hokies never left the airport. As the only amassed 95 yards through the air. Totaling just 168 yards of offense...

Coach DJ after the game: "We came in with a gameplan and we executed it to perfection. Absolute perfection!! We knew we had to contain the run by any means and we did that while also limiting the pass going man to man. We have a bye nxt week and after that no real challenge til Georgia. We will be undefeated heading into that game. We have 3 tough ones in a row with georgia coming to us then we head west to oregon and back this way to face Bama... So the road to the national title game will begin with those games..."

GG Nole!!

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn- 49
    Ole Miss- 28

Auburn was solid once again as theyve been all year. The defense forced 3 turnovers (2 fumbles one returned for a TD by a DT and 1 pick). Tge run game again dominated led by Dyer who left early with injury. Still managing 22 carries for 169 yards and 2 TDs. True freshman Chris Scott fulled in nicely running the ball 11 times for 65 yards and 2 scores of his own. Moseley wasnt his usual accurate self as he over threw a couple balls in this one (the ones where the WR is close enough to catch but no efforts givin as if they dont see it).

Coach DJ after the game: "I loved the way our defense played all day besides in the pass they had a couple screens and check downs go for long gains. But overall we kept them pretty quiet all day. Dyers fine he was just kept out as a precaution, really no need to risk him being injured any further."