2012 Awards?????????

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Dec 29, 2009.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

2012 Awards?????????

These awards will be voted for at season's end, and given to someone within our 12 users; not the entire NCAA.

Best Recruiting Class:
    - Self explanatory.

Coach Of The Year:
    - Awarded to which ever user is able to exceed expectations with their team.

Team Of The Year:
    - Awarded to the absolute best team.

Best Offense Of The Year:
    - Awarded to the most successful offense.

Best Defense Of The Year:
    - Awarded to the stingiest defense.

Player Of The Year:
    - Awarded to the single best player from our teams. Sorta like a mini Heismen.

Upset Of The Year:
    - Awarded to the team/coach who pulled off the biggest upset of the season.

(user vs user) Game Of The Year:
    - Awarded to the teams who were involved in the best/most exciting game of the year.

Lets get a little discussion going

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Ill take offense of the year. I will finish the season 3 yes three 1000 yard receivers, and a 1500 yard RB.

Coach...Rave

Defense...UCLA

POY....Mike Berg

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

SO FAR...this is what I think

Best Recruiting Class:
    TBD

Coach Of The Year:
    Ravedown

Team Of The Year:
    Depends on how the conference championships, and the bowl games..

Hand downs, Southern Miss

I'm gonna go with Akron, I've never seen someone put up so many shutouts (4). He also held teams to 7 or less points in 9 games, gave up 9 points one game. The only games he didn't dominate were FSU (W 24-6) and Bowling Green (L 35-9)

Player Of The Year:
    Purdue, Denard Robinson - 161/232, 2356 yds, 19 TDs, 10 INT; 237 att, 1266 yds, 18 TDs, 16 20+ yd runs, 9 fumbles.

Keep in mind, 3 of his fumbles were in the first game, atleast 3 others were intercepted pitches. Also, he was sacked 38 times! If it wasn't for that he'd be the nation's leading rusher with less than 200 carries.

Also, 4 of his 10 INTs all came in one game. That was retarded!

vs users:
    #5 Southern Miss > 192.8, 16 of 21, 237 yards, 2 TDs, INT; 12 carries, 86 yards, TD, 2 20+ yard runs.

#11 Rice > 192.5, 11 of 13, 167 yards; 19 carries, 140 yards, TD, 1 20+ yard run.

Ball State > 219.1, 9 of 14, 164 yards, 3 TDs, INT; 13 carries, 152 yards, 2 TDs, 3 20+ yard runs.

Upset Of The Year:
    Bowling Green over UCF, so far

hmmm..TBD. I have had a crazy game every year so far, except this one. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rose Bowl is the crazy one this year!

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

daaaaamn 1600+ passing against Rice. They suck. hahaha.

Id like to throw Rice vs. USM in the mix for user vs. user game of the year. Last second FG FTW!

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol HAHA fixed.

6. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Best Recruiting Class:
    Dunno yet

Coach Of The Year:
    - Gotta give it to the only guy with no L's and thats Rave!

Team Of The Year:
    - Just on numbers it would be USM but I really wanna Say BGSU

- USM last I checked

- I wanna say Mine but its definetely BGSU

Player Of The Year:
    - Im gonna say Wackerly(QB) now hear me out! Played behind agrueably the worst Oline in the dynasty..204/278 for 3299yrds 38tds 8ints(4 came just to BGSU but it doesnt matter how u get em) 73% Completion percentage(leads the Land) and 28sacks(Zero Fumbles!).I think hes more deserving than D Robinson because he has more Total Tds and less total Turnovers ( I went there Lol)Behind a really bad Offensive Line.

Honorable Mention is D.Torrence Who had 1375yrds Rushing 17 Tds 2Fumbles (but wait theres more!)38 catches 676 yards 11tds with zero drops (NFL bound).

Also I would give it to Berg the Wr but way too many drops, Other than his drops he is a fucking beast....Then again he has stats for days including on special teams!

Upset Of The Year:
    - I would have to say USM over UCLA..Even though USM was stacked,they ate his BCS title hopes.
    - I guess the first meeting between Rice and USM.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Best Recruiting Class:
    We'll see. Rice was looking good, I like my class although it's not highly rated..i dunno.

Coach Of The Year:
    Ravedown, I can't imagine there's even a question about this. Especially since their uniforms look like the brady bunch's carpet.

Team Of The Year:
    Southern Miss is the best team I played this year by far (no offense to anyone).

Southern Miss.

Akron

Player Of The Year:
    I have no vote. No one really stood out to me.

Upset Of The Year:
    - I don't think there really were any upsets. Bowling Green dropping the hammer on Akron maybe, only because Akron had flat dominated before that game and after that game but got their knot rocked v. BG. But was that really an upset?

Rice v. Southern Miss 1

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Here's more argument for Denard..

I'm not sure how many have even done this, but he is one of few to have passed for over 2000 yards (2356) and rushed over 1000 yards (1266).

QB Rating - 173.1 - 6th in nation
    Completion % - 69% - 2nd in nation
    Rushing Yards - 1266 - 6th in nation (1st among QBs)
    Rushing TDs - 18 - 2nd in nation (1st among QBs)
    20+ yard TDs - 16 - 1st in nation

173.1, 161 of 232 for 2356 yards, 19 TDs, 10 INTs
    237 carries (38 sacks), 1266 yards, 18 TDs

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KVLrKHKiRQU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KVLrKHKiRQU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

9. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I like the video alot and do you mean 20+ yard runs =16? also I like what you did with the rushing stats by pointing out that he is first amongst Qbs you might aswell post that he was first in rushing attempts also lmao(vote Wackerly).To the voters, Over a 12 games He has 19 turnovers (vote Wackerly).Also in every Qb stat wackerly has the edge over Robinson except sacks,even though Wackerly is your classic pocket type QB(vote Wackerly).

I honestly really like the Vid and the soundtrack, i use to bump nelly-ville in highschool hard and Splurge goes hard along with" If you gone ride get inside lets roll"I forgot the song but king jacob is in it(Im actually gonna go Download it right when i get home).Robinson is hella fast , and had a great year,Im just pitching Wackerly to the voters lol.Wackerly has 1 rushing TD and i dont even know how he got it TBH.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

LOL if it weren't for DEs just running straight past my tackles I wouldn't have been sacked 38 times!!

And if I wasn't sacked 38 TIMES, I'd have LESS than 200 carries and LEAD the NCAA in rushing yards.

Wackerly is a bum :D

11. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Atleast you can motor outta trouble,Once the pocket broke down for wackerly I had to toss the ball away or eat the sack.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I don't scramble that much though..

About 2/3rds of the time that I got sacked the DEs just went right past my tackles. My tackles just stood there, and I was sacked withing 1.5 seconds lol.

Denard had 152 yards on 12 carries with 2 TDs last game. A 60 yard run, 40 yard run, and another 30+ yard run.

I can't wait until my rematch with 1ke because I did not have this stuff down when I played him at all..

Those two BYE weeks inbetween the Southern Miss and Rice game all I did was practice, and you can see the difference. We worked Rice!

13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Best Recruiting Class:
    Rice

Coach Of The Year:
    Toss-up between Rice and Bowling Green.

Team Of The Year:
    Rice:)

Rice. Lead the nation in rushing without a 1,000yd rusher and lead the NCAA in PPG average. My passing game was on point too.

I need to look at stats

Player Of The Year:
    D. Robinson. straight up.

Upset Of The Year:
    need to look at scores etc.

C-USA championship game BY FAR!!! probably one of the craziest, most intense games ive ever played.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Changing my answers a little

Best Recruiting Class:
    TBD

Coach Of The Year:
    Ravedown/Max - CPU will decide

Team Of The Year:
    Rice..

Hand downs, Southern Miss

I'm gonna go with Akron

Player Of The Year:
    Purdue, Denard Robinson

Upset Of The Year:
    Ball State over Bowling Green

Rice over USM, 5 OT!

15. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Best Recruiting Class:
    Rice

Coach Of The Year:
    Rice

Team Of The Year:
    Rice

USM

UCLA

Player Of The Year:
    Berg

Upset Of The Year:
    Ball St. over #10 and undefeated BG

C-USA championship game

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Here's what I'm going to put down as the awards...waiting to see final outcome of the recruiting classes...Any objections?

Best Recruiting Class:
    Coach Of The Year: Max - Rice
    Team Of The Year: Max - Rice
    Best Offense Of The Year: 1ke - Southern Miss
    Best Defense Of The Year: highyella - Akron
    Player Of The Year: Freshman WR Mike Berg - UCF - NatiSaint
    Upset Of The Year: Rip - Ball State upsets undefeated Ravedown - Bowling Green in MAC Championship
    (user vs user) Game Of The Year: Max - Rice vs USM - 1ke (C USA Championship 5 OT)