2012 Baseline Awards Campaign Season

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by JFace907, Feb 8, 2012.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

For the next week members who have players nominated for the Baseline Awards will be able to campaign in this thread. Post anything you want. Stats, attacks, bribes, all is fair game. Without further ado, these are your award ballots!!

Most Valuable Player

[​IMG]
    Kobe Bryant - Los Angeles Lakers

[​IMG]
    Kevin Durant - Oklahoma City Thunder

[​IMG]
    Paul Pierce - Boston Celtics
    Most Improved Player

[​IMG]
    Larry Sanders - Milwaukee Bucks

[​IMG]
    Nick Young - Washington Wizards

[​IMG]
    Greg Oden - Portland Trailblazers

[​IMG]
    Nick Batum - Portland Trailblazers

Sixth Man of the Year

[​IMG]
    Nick Batum - Portland Trailblazers

[​IMG]
    Dahntay Jones - Los Angeles Lakers

Rookie of the Year
    [​IMG]
    Kyrie Irving - Cleveland Cavaliers

[​IMG]
    Kemba Walker - Milwaukee Bucks

Defensive Player of the Year
    [​IMG]
    Dwight Howard - Orlando Magic

[​IMG]
    Rajon Rondo - Boston Celtics

[​IMG]
    John Wall - Washington Wizards

Coach of the Year
    [​IMG]
    Byron Scott (JFace907) - Cleveland Cavaliers

[​IMG]
    Mike D'antoni (Blaza) - New York Knicks

[​IMG]
    Frank Vogul (makinpropel) - Indiana Pacers

[​IMG]
    Doc Rivers (BDSDIGITAL) - Boston Celtics

GM of the Year

J-Cavs.jpg
    JFace907 - Cleveland Cavaliers

[​IMG]
    Bucs - Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

3. sonn

sonn Walk On

For bribes I accept:
    [​IMG]
    or​
    [​IMG]
    *must be real

• Like Like x 1
  4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Nicolas Batum 6th man

Man became a beast after pick and pop episode 1. I always say numbers don't lie and the numbers say Batum over Jones. Batum is better in just about every major category PTS, REB, Stl, Blk.

Greg Oden Most improved

Greg was thinking about having another surgery, but i told his lazy ass to get to europe with kobe or to give me my money back. his early play resulted in him getting a long term extension. after a year off the court he leads the league in blks and will finish 2 or 3rd in reb.

5. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

JFace907

no pic of me in laker gear but i did crudely photoshop myself into this pic lol.

Crude.png

• Like Like x 5
  6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I can't scroll past that pic without bustin out laughing!

7. Bucs

lol same here, i was dying as I was doing it.

8. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Without Kevin Durant the Thunder are an 8 seed at best in the West...Cereal, bros. With him we are the probable #1 seed in the West. I don't see how it's any more clear.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bucs

Kobe Bryant for Baseline MVP

Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant for MVP. Without him where are the Lakers? If you were to replace Kobe with a league average type player the Lakers would be nowhere close to 2nd in the West. They have no second superstar type player ( E.G. Russell Westbrook).

Kobe and the other two candidates have all played against and guarded each other this year. Lets take a look at how they stacked up mono-e-mono

Kobe vs KD
    April 15th Kobe Leads The Lakers to the W over the Thunder at Home.

Kobe: 48 points , 11 rebounsd,3 assists, 3 steals on 20-27 shooting
    Durant: 43 points 11 rebounds 1 assits, 1 steal, 1 block on 17-32 shooting

Advantage Kobe- More Points, More assists, more steals, and a better shooting percentage.

Kobe vs Pierce
    Mar 2nd
    Kobe and Pierce face off in a scoring battle at The Boston Garden and the Lakers come away with the win.

Kobe: 34 points 4 rebounds 9 assists 3 steals 1 block 14-20 shooting
    Pierce: 38 points 6 rebounds 17-31 shooting

Advantage Kobe- not as many points or rebounds but his 9 assists and 3 steals and block as well as his more efficient shooting marked a bigger impact on the game and proved to be the advantage in the game. Shows his value as more than just a scorer but as a true floor general who can do anything needed to get the W.

Feb 22
    Kobe vs Pierce
    Lakers drop one at home and lose by 2 points to the Celtics.

Kobe: 43 points 5 rebound 2 assists 1 steal 20-31 shooting
    Pierce: 35 points 6 rebounds 1 assists 1 steal 3 blocks 16-30 shooting

Advantage Kobe- The Lakers didn't get the Win but Kobe was his usual self and just did not get the help from his teammates in this one the same way that Boston did. Kobe wins the scoring duel and is the more efficient scorer while single handedly keeping his team in the game with a chance to win right down to the end.

Now lets take a look at Kobe Statistically:

27.2 PPG
    3.7 RPG
    4.1 APG
    1.6 SPG
    .6 BPG
    54.3 FG%
    32.5 3PT%

He is #2 in scoring right now only trailing KD by a tenth of a point, and averages nearly 3 more assists per game than both other candidates showing his ability to improve those around him, he averages nearly .5 more steals per game and has a better FG percentage.

Some Metric stats now:

#1 in Player Efficency Rating
    #3 in Efficiency
    #8 in True Shooting %
    #1 in Estimated Wins added
    #1 in Average Game Score

In conclusion its clear who really was the most VALUABLE player to their team. Vote Kobe Bryant for Baseline MVP 2011-2012

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Here's my rebuttle on Kobe.

Forget KD.

Kobe split his season series with Pierce. He might've had a slightly better statistical game in the first game, but Paul got the W and was on fire in the 4th quarter. Not only did Pierce keep his team in the game single handedly...but he finished the deal.

Which is what Paul does. He brings us back in games we're losing, and finishes games we're barely winning in. He out Mamba'd the Mamba in that game.

Pierce out rebounded Kobe by .7 per game (44 total) 17% and also committed 35 less turnovers. over half a to per game better. Pierce btw also shot 41.7% from 3 while Kobe hit for 32.5%... huge difference there, and alot of Paul's 3's were in crunch time in big games.

My main argument for Pierce is how he finished games.

I don't know if there's anyone in the OA that didn't see Pierce go Ham Sheppard in the 2nd half of a game and eventually lose a game to him. Or come really close to it.

Not to mention he did all that in a much superior conference......A conference where 37 wins get's you a 4th seed...in the West I'd be tied for the 2nd seed with the Lakers.

But in reality all 3 guys are worthy candidates and all 3 had tremendous seasons. Just being nominated is cool.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bucs

Not so sure about pierce keeping you in that first game single handedly, argument could be made that Ray Allen's 28 points 9 rebounds and 3 assists played just as an important part in the win. I will concede that Pierce is close but i still give Kobe the slight head to head advantage. Both guys were key down the stretch in both games.

Bryant isn't a 3 point shooter, thats not his role on the team as evidenced by the fact that he only put up 154 3 point attempts all season (100 less than Pierce. His job is to drive to the basket and hit the midrange to force the defense to collapse or to draw the foul which he did about as good as you can ask for. Had 290 FT attempts compared to Pierce's 165.

Not buying the conference arguement at all since it doesnt really pertain to MVP discussions. We all played everybody twice, same competition.

You are right that all 3 guys are worthy of the award and all are great competitors.

12. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Rondo,

My main argument for Rondo as defensive player of the year is simple:

Wall had an all around better year. There is no doubt...but Wall plays a different role. Rondo isn't supposed to score. He averaged .5 steals more per game (alot of those cpu generated, not x button mashing) He outrebounded Wall by almost 20 but the biggie is fouls....

Wall 178

Rondo 119

Rondo averaged exactly 2 fouls per game while Wall was over 3 per. So not only did he out steal, and rebound Wall on defense he did it 50% cleaner and completely changed offenses. You can't just come right at him on the perimeter. He can shut your best guard down and do it in a way that threatens your ball control without risking his position.

Where Pierce is one of 3 worthy candidates, Rondo is the defensive player of the year.

Me,

I don't have much for this one. The only argument I have for me as coach of the year is that I lack alot of the stick skills the other candidates have. Blaza, Propel and Jface are really good. I am ok, but I don't win on stick skills. I win with running the right plays at the right times. I know how to put my players in a position to succeed and I can execute when they are there. I win some and I lose some, but we're pretty consistent and really hit our stride late. We'll be a tough out in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

My case for Dwight as defensive POY..........

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

16. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Pagamer07 this is what we need to do for our awards.

17. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I wish. I cant even get a guy to post pictures of their players. Maybe I can do it for MVP only..

18. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

one more time. ^

19. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Frank Vogul - Coach of the Year

The Pacers have gone from the 8th seed in the East and a 45% winning percentage in the 2010-2011 season, to now clinching the Central Division over the Bulls, likely getting the 3 seed, and have a 68% winning percentage. The Pacers finished 16 games above .500, and will host a playoff series for the first time since the early 2000s.

The Pacers started out 0-6, and at one point were 5-12, but then after making adjustments and a couple trades, this team came on very fast and had a 9 game winning streak mid-way through the season. At one point, they were fighting for the 8th spot, and they came out with the 3rd spot. Vogul found an offense for them that works really well and can put points up on the scoreboard in bunches. The Pacers are in almost all offensive categories, and average 92.5 Points per game. The Pacers do not have a true superstar on their team like the Celtics, Bulls, and Magic have, but they still landed in front of those teams in the gruesome Eastern Conference.

This total body of work is why Frank Vogul should win the Coach of the Year for the Indiana Pacers.

• Like Like x 1