2012 Baseline Awards: Nominations (Part Duex)

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by JFace907, Mar 29, 2012.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Here we go again boys. Remember the main rule, you either NOMINATE or SECOND a player for each award. You cannot do both for the same award.

Here are your awards:
    Most Valuable Player

Sixth Man of the Year

Defensive Player of the Year

Rookie of the Year

Coach of the Year

GM of the Year

NOTE: Most Improved will be suspended until the '13 awards.

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Most Valuable Player
    I will nominate a darkhorse - Portland PF LaMarcus Aldridge. More than any other player I went against this season, that dude was flat out unstoppable.

I nominate Golden St PF Tyrus Thomas - leads the league in blocks, and averages nearly 8 boards and over a steal per game.

Rookie of the Year
    I nominate Detroit PG Brandon Knight - his team is 2nd in the East...nuff said.

Coach of the Year
    I nominate Bucs - same reason as above.

GM of the Year
    I nominate bringbackjimmy - the trade for Josh Smith changed his team from a bottom 4 playoff squad to possibly the favorite to make the finals in the West, and the trade killed an East contender in Atlanta at the same time.

4. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Most Valuable Player - Steph Curry. 2nd in the West, and without this guy, the Warriors could be bottom 5-8 seed, or possibly missing the playoffs.

Defensive Player of The Year - Chris Paul. It may be a little spamming, but he still is dominating the league in steals last time I checked.

Rookie of the Year - I'll second Knight

Coach of the Year - I'll second Bucs

GM of the Year - @SuperBowlNachos . He got rid of Haywood.

5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Most Valuable Player
    Durant - Averaging 30 a game, and nearly 6 boards and 2 steals as well.

Sixth Man of the Year
    James Harden - Averaging 14 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists off the bench and really gives that 2nd unit a spark. And he's the only guy I could think of coming off the bench :p

I second Tyrus Thomas. Dude gave me fits inside.

Rookie of the Year
    Kemba since Knight is already in. 17 and 6 a game is a solid start for the rookie PG.

Coach of the Year
    JrRawlins and the Raptors. DeRozan #2 in the league in scoring, and the Raptors are looking at a 6th or possibly 5th seed in the playoffs.

GM of the Year
    I was going to vote BDSDIGITAL for his Granger deal, until I saw that he gave the Heat a lottery pick ya bastid. I'll 2nd bringbackjimmy though, he made some nice moves this season.

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

For the people that have played me do I spam the steal button too much? I've played others that do it much more. I don't think I spam it, I use it at certain times.

CP3 has only fouled out 3 times this year, all 3 times were due to the CPU controlling him and taking blocking penalties or hitting the arm of a guy going up for a shot.

7. Dru50

Personally I think you reach too much on defense with him. When we played you came up and went for a steal on the ball carrier every time I crossed halfcourt. If we could adjust the settings to call reach in fouls as they should be it wouldn't be an issue, but right now guys like yourself can get 5 steals for every foul call. You don't see guys in the NBA reach that often because they'd foul out every game. Just my opinion....

8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I like to go for it around there cause people like to turbo or play loose with the ball there. I'll be more mindful in the future, I don't want to be labeled as unsim, not my way.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

MVP - Ill second Durantula
    Coach - ill second JrRawlins
    GM - ill second SuperBowlNachos how in the hell he got rid of haywood I will never know. not sure what dru was on that day lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

We haven't played, but it's cheesy. There are other offenders who do this so it should probably be addressed officially.

11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Most Valuable Player- John Wall. The catalyst for the surprising Wizards. Leader in assists by almost 2, and he is also the top scorer at the PG position.

Sixth Man of the Year- Harden and it shouldn't be close. He played starters minutes off the bench and was a killer.

Defensive Player of the Year- Never played against Tyrus Thomas, so I'll put up Dwight Howard.

Rookie of the Year- I'll second Kemba. No idea who I'll vote for in in the end, but Kemba should be on the ballot.

Coach of the Year- I'll say JrRawlins if only because he swept me and I beat Bucs , but both would be incredibly deserving.

GM of the Year- SuperBowlNachos for the trade that everyone else has already mentioned.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

MVP-Durant and Curry Killed me both times i played them, But Durant goes into a zone i don't see from any other player.
    6th Man-Nicolas Batum..Stats don't lie. i'll put Batum against anyone on anyone else's bench.
    Rookie-Kemba should of just gave it to zcar at the start of the year.
    DPOY-Josh Smith- 1.5 blks 1.5 stl 7+reb
    Coach of the year-Bond. Has put up with a huge distraction of Dwight all year deciding if he wants to stay or leave.
    GM-Zcar- made 2 nice trades. that helped his young team for the future.

13. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

MVP - Since Durant has been seconded, I will put my vote towards John Wall. He makes that team very tough to deal with.

6th Man - I will second Batum, by far the choice in my mind

Rookie - Brandon Knight, seconded

DPOY - Tyrus Thomas. Just killed me in the 2 games we played.

Coach of the Year - Bucs . JrRawlins did an amazing job but for Matt to have the Pistons at almost 40 wins is effing incredible

GM - bringbackjimmy for getting Josh Smith who will most likely take the Blazers into the Finals.

14. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yes. Yes you are a steal spammer. There may be one or two that are worse but you're right up there with the major offenders. If by certain times you mean every possession then I'd agree.

15. BDSDIGITAL

I don't know that this is something that can be "officially addressed". Who's to say what is too much? I mean I know what seems unreasonable, you might,but some of the guys that go nuts with it might not think it's alot. I've called a couple of people out on it after games and their reaction was to the effect of "other people are worse". I think it's really something that we just have to deal with honestly....if everyone would just not be cheesy about it, it would make the situation alot easier.

16. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

It's annoying, yes, but I wouldn't really call it cheesy. The reason is because I don't think it gives the spammer an advantage. They go for the steal and miss and you are going 5-on-4 most of the game.

17. Dru50

The biggest issue I have with that "style of defense" is that it basically prevent the opponent from running plays and it turns the game into a fast break fest.

18. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

MVP - Dirk Nowitzki. Averaging 25.3 a game which has been on the rise all season and is 5th in the league. He has the season high of 54 last I looked. He is shooting 53% which is second among the top 20 in PPG(Dwight Howard #1). Has multiple game winners and recently put up 30 against 2nd place Golden State. I would not be in the hunt without him.

19. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Most Valuable Player -- Im not the type to vote for myself.... and the only player i see close to DeRozan is Durant..... but he has the votes...... next in line for me would be Aldridge... he was a monster against us...

Defensive Player of the Year -- I had a bitch of a time with Tyrus Thomas...

Rookie of the Year -- Kemba since B. Knight already has the votes....

Coach of the Year -- The Pistons coach should easily win this.....

GM of the Year -- BBJ grabbing Josh Smith is a steal.....

20. BDSDIGITAL

MVP: Durant. He has the numbers and the thunder might win it all.

Def poty: Josh smith

Roy: Brandon knight

Coach: bucs the pistons overachieved like crazy.

Gm: uh.....tough one. I guess bbj but superbowl nachos pulled that Hayward deal off. The haslem trade didn't work out for me at all :(

21. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

JFace907 You forgot to tag me

MVP: Durant is the clear favorite here

DPOTY: Josh Smith

Sixth Man: Lou Williams 9.9 PPG (Yeah.. I know homer pick)

Rookie of the Year: The 2 standouts already have plenty of votes.

Coach of the Year: Jrawlins. Great job his first year here

GM of the Year: All the deserving ones have been nominated.

22. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

23. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

MVP: I will second Dirk here

Sixth Man: I'm gonna go ahead and second PA here with Lou Williams

DPOTY: Josh Smith

Rookie: Brandon Knight

Coach: Jrrawlings and his raptor squad

GM: BBJ

24. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Haha. Its cool. I know ive been quiet, just waiting for offseason to fix this team.

25. sonn

sonn Walk On

MVP: Durant. Monster numbers on the best team in the West.

Sixth Man: Harden. A huge part of the Thunder's success as the team's 3rd scorer.

DPTOY: Josh Smith. Just a monster on the defensive end.

Rookie: Brandon Knight. Leads one of the big surprise teams.

Coach: Bucs. Has done a great job with the Pistons.

GM: Nachos for getting ride of Haywood.

• Like Like x 1