2012 Bowl Season 2 of 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Feb 28, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Bowl Season 2 of 3

2012 Bowl Season

It's bowl season boys!!!

There were no user games in week 1 so onto week 2.

Next advance deadline is:
    ASAP

Heisman Winner
    UF QB Jordan Reed 1248 votes

Bowl matchups

BCS National Championship in Pasadena
    #1 Clemson vs #2 Florida

All State Sugar Bowl
    #5 Georgia vs #7 Oklahoma

Cotton Bowl
    #20 LSU vs #9 Nebraska

Capital One Bowl
    #6 Auburn vs Michigan

Gator Bowl
    FIU vs #13 Virginia

Outback Bowl
    #18 Tennessee vs #16 Iowa

Chick fil a Bowl
    Alabama vs #15 UNC

Meineke Car Care Bowl
    #12 VaTech vs Kansas
    (Kansas is 5-6, how'd they make a bowl game???)

Champs Sports Bowl
    Wisconsin vs #17 FSU

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Not sure how Florida was unable to jump 2 1 loss teams, but at least we get a user vs user NC. Lets Go ACC. Beazus bring home that trophy.

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Aint that about a bitch! Win all your games, and get matched up with Florida. Would have rather played Ohio State so I could actually win a national title. Oh well...

4. GoGators

Ohhhh Baby!!!!! Florida's been drooling over this possible rematch all season long. This season ends in the same place it began for UF in a matchup with Clemson. This time though there won't be any Death Valley advantage.

Will Kyle Parker be back yet?

By the way, congrats Beazus on winning your first ACC championship!

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

BREAKING NEWS:
    Auburn, AL-- The Auburn Tigers have fired Offensive Coordinator Flo Stateman and will bring Louis Shu and his LSU playbook. This is the second consecutive year that the Tigers have fired a coordinator, last year was their defensive coordinator. This will be in effect for the bowl game as the Tigers look to get some practice for the upcoming year.

also

Rumors:
    QB Andrew Miller is mulling over a NFL career, being a redshirt sophomore making him eligible for the draft and competing at a high level while taking the Tigers to consecutive SEC Championship while being a Fresh and Soph. If he does go the Tigers have to rely on Tyrik Rollison to play more than 3 games healthy next year.

6. KnightNoles

Bowl Week:
    Virginia Tech and Florida State are the only ones that play this week

7. Hokie Effect

I will play my game today after work at 4pm est.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I'll get my game in tonight after 8pm PST. Sorry, I was out of town all weekend.

9. GoGators

That's definitely something the softie has been unable to do is stand up to the beatings received in the SEC. You could almost rename him Colt McCoy hahaha.

10. KnightNoles

He does have speed and mobility but will be reluctant to use it because he always goes down. I would like to incorporate more runs for my qb but can't have them getting hurt every 3rd play and done for the season

11. GoGators

I hear ya. Miller was a pretty good runner though he seemed resilant and didn't fumble either.

12. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Thanks - it is pretty cool to win the ACC after not winning a user game my first two years in Southern Exposure. As far as the rematch, there sure are some intriguing storylines to the National Championship game.

Will this be Florida exacting sweet revenge for the second game in a row? Will Kyle Parker be back in time for the final game of his college career and if so, how will he play after such a long layoff? Lastly, and most importantly, whose dick did Urban Meyer have to suck to jump into the #2 spot over a pair of BCS conference 1-loss teams? You already have a national title. Be compassionate and let me hoist the trophy for once!

13. GoGators

This is the biggest user vs user game in the history of Southern Exposure for sure. The only other user vs user national championship game was UF vs VaTech and UF was victorious in that one. However, it was in the 2009 season and the storylines of the dynasty hadn't been created yet. This game will probably require it's own thread so it'd be cool to see one of the non participating teams create a pregame analysis thread for the game.

The crosshairs in Gainesville are planted squarely on the Tigers of Clemson.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    If I can come up with some time tonight, I'll write up something nice for the title game...

15. Hokie Effect

Virginia Tech- 45
    Kansas- 17

In Sweetness's fairwell game, he saved the best for last as he ran for a career high 326yds 4 TD. Antone Exum added 133yds on the ground and 148yds 1 TD in the air. The Hokies outgained the Jayhawks 632yds to 306yds as Virginia Tech finishes its up and down season 11-3. This will be a season to remember as the world was introduced to Sweetness. He will be missed and Virginia Tech has decided to carry on his legacy by having the starting RB each year wear #34. David Wilson will have some big shoes to fill next year. But the big question is what will David change his name to next year......

Nice option play, Sweetness takes it 80yd for TD

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17448241

16. GoGators

You're quite theatrical for a PE teacher hahaha.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Wisconsin - 21
    Florida State - 24

The Champs Sports Bowl came down to the wire in a heavy rain. Florida State kicked a chip shot FG in the 1st OT to come away with the victory. EJ Manuel had his worst game of the season, going 8-24 with 3 picks. We did everything we could to lose this game. After realizing that EJ just didnt have it, the Noles attacked with a heavy dose of Pryor and Thompson on the ground. Pryor had over 100 yards and Thompson had around 80. Now, the Seminole Nation cross their fingers in hopes Lonnie Pryor will come back for his senior season!

18. GoGators

Go to the NFL! Go to the NFL! Go to the NFL!

Get that money son!!!