2012 Bowl Week 3 of 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Mar 2, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Bowl Week 3 of 3

I advanced us this morning before work. There's 7 games this week so let's get them in quick please. I'll advance ASAP.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    UVA wins 38-6 over FIU.

It has been a bittersweet year for Virginia who had high hopes but did end up having a pretty good year and finishing with 10 wins.

Torrey Mack was sent off to the NFL in good fashion rushing for 117 yards and a score and catching 7 passes for 100 yards and two scores.

Next year should be interesting as UVA moves to apocket passing QB, a new RB who barring any big time moves won't be as good as Torrey Mack and a WR corps that's just average.

3. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Expecting the offseason this weekend? do you guys set a date and time?
    Got so much work to do with my team I dont even know where to start, gotta love my 2 68 overall Guards starting this year...

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I warned you in the other thread to take Maryland! :thingnana:

5. GoGators

We should get to the offseason this weekend. I'll start a thread seeing if we can do it all at once or not.

6. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

I felt like a challenge :)

7. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

Outback Bowl

Iowa 16
    UT 14

Another frustrating loss for the Vols, with turnovers and a lack of a passing game as the main cause as its been the whole season. Even with the massive amount of trunovers, the Vols still had two chances of potential game winning drives. Both of these spoiled by two fumbles by the senior RB Bryce Brown in his last game as a Vol. Although the two fumbles were costly he still amassed 200+ rushing yards and 2 TDs. I guess theres always next year, right?

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

UNC Continues ACC Dominance Over the SEC With Chick-Fil-A Bowl Victory Over Alabama 28-21

Things looked very bad for the Heels early on as they went down 14-0 to the Tide in the first quarter (thanks in no small part to 3 UNC turnovers in the quarter). Alabama made it very clear, very early that they would tolerate absolutelynone of the Tar Heel rushing attack. The Heels would end the game with -16 rushing yards on 24 carries. Once coach Jello realized this, he changed up his game plan and this new game plan's name was Jheranie Boyd. The JR receiver completely destroyed the Alabama secondary to the tune of 10 receptions for 227 yards and 2 TDs. Now every Tar Heel fan will keep all of their fingers and toes crossed as they hope Boyd will return for his SR season.

After giving up 14 points in the opening stanza, the Heels defense stiffened up. They came out set to stop the run and gave up lots of passing yards. Coach Jello also switched up his defensive play calling and the Tar Heel defense responded by only allowing 7 points for the remainder of the game.

This bowl victory was a great accomplishment for the Heels as they finished off an overachieving 9 win season.

[​IMG]
    Boyd was absolutely unstoppable

Here are some of Boyd's greater moments from the bowl game:
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17520920
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17520904
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17520915
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17520894
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17520868

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

WHo FLiPped the Switch?? Just played Super Michigan..... def gave up soo many points that I shouldn't have and turnovers, prob the hangover from the Title game in the Trifecta

Auburn pulls off OT win in Capital One Bowl

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    1 2 3 4 OT F
    Aub 14 0 14 21 6 55
    Mich 13 21 7 0 3 52

ummm yea... 7 Turnovers for me and played against Super Michigan, Ultimate god mode.

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Aub Mich
    Score 55 52
    First Downs 22 11
    Total Offense 626 524
    Rushes-Yards-TD 28-156-2 27-132-1
    Comp-Att-TD 19-54-5 20-36-4
    Passing Yards 470 392
    3rd Down 10-18 (55) 4-14 (28)
    4th Down 3-5 (60) 0-1 (0)
    Redzone-TD-FG 6-3-0 (50) 1-1-0 (100)
    Turnovers 7 5
    Fumble 0 2
    Interception 7 3
    Total Yards 840 699
    Punts-Avg 3-49.0 5-34.6
    Pen-Yards 2-20 2-20
    TOP 16:31 11:29

10. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

2012 Cotton Bowl

LSU vs. Nebraska (W 47-38)

|1st Quarter|
    This was a very wacky game. LSU scored first and following the kickoff, the Nebraska HB would fumble and the D would score. During Nebraska's next possession, they were at a 3rd down at midfield and decided to go for a fake punt run. I was prepared for it, but a missed tackle later and they had run 50 yards for a score. Tolliver would run the ensuing kickoff back for a TD. (21-7 LSU) That was just the 1st quarter.

|2nd quarter|
    LSU would add a FG and 2 TD in the 2nd.(with Shepard out of the game with an injury) Nebraska did manage another TD though. LSU looked on its way toward an easy win. (38-14)

|3rd quarter|
    Nebraska came out of the locker room pumped up and scored 17 unanswered points and held LSU scoreless. A not so secure (38-31).

|4th quarter|
    LSU scored with 1:47 left and had some room to breathe. (45-31) It took Nebraska, however, only 47 seconds to score. (45-38) LSU was held to 3 and out and punted away. Nebraska had 30 seconds to tie the game, but all their hopes were squashed due to the LSU punt being downed at the 5 yard line. This led to a safety as QB Cody Green was sacked in the endzone.

THE END!

11. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Damn 7 interceptions? I gotta find out michigan's game plan!

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    19/54= EL OH EL...

13. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

I think we are ready to advance to NC

14. GoGators

Yeah, we've advanced to the NC game. Beazus and I will be playing Friday evening.

15. GoGators

#2 UF 20
    #1 Clemson 13

Gators are 2012 Champs!!!

[​IMG]

Gators serve revenge cold on a platter to end their 2012 season as the BCS champs. This game was a very close game and could have gone either way.

Clemson struggled in the 1st quarter as returning starter Kyle Parker needed some time to knock off the rust from not playing over the last half of the season. The Gators took advantage and were in firm control in the first quarter. They forced a 3 and out on Clemsons opening possession and scored at ease on their first possession.

Disaster struck on Clemsons second possession as QB Kyle Parker optioned left and made an ill advised late pitch that was picked off by FS D. Jensen of the Gators. Luckily for the Gators, QB J. Reed gifted it right back throwing an INT.

The 2nd quarter was a battle as the Gators added 2 field goals, one right before the half, and Clemson got on the board with a TD.

The Gators opened the 2nd half getting shut down by Clemsons defense for the entire 3rd quarter as Clemson mounted their comeback. The Gators had 3rd and 1 and gave it to HB Wilkinson up the gut only to see him cough it up and Clemson recover. This led to Clemson adding 2 FGs in the 3rd to tie it up at 13 heading into the 4th quarter.

The 4th quarter is where championships are won, and this game was no different. On the first play of the 4th quarter, 3rd and 12, J. Reed threw a laser in between 4 Clemson players that was caught by O. Hines. The Clemson defenders were so stunned at where Hines came from that they froze and allowed Hines to race 75 yards to pay dirt for what would be the game winning TD.

Clemson got the ball with 6:50 left in the 4th and went the length of the field with ease looking to tie the game up again. However, once they entered the red zone, the Gators gained their footing. On first down, A. Ellington ran 3 for 3 yards. On 2nd down, Parker hit N. Amos in the flat, but SS Dee Finley was there to break it up. 3rd and 7 from the 15, Parker found his go to man B. McNeal on a hitch route to the left. The Gators secondary reacted quickly and made a great tackle stopping the Tigers short of the first down setting up a 4th and 1 at the 9. On 4th and 1, Clemson looked to Kyle Parker to make a play he had been making all day. The came to the line with 5 wide and looked to connect on a short hitch route. Parker spotted S. Whitaker over the middle and let it fly only to have FS D. Jensen make an amazing play to swat it away at the last second.

[​IMG]

The Gators took over possession deep in their own territory with 3:45 remaining. However, Clemson had no timeouts remaining as they used them up to change play calls during the second half. A mistake that would probably cost the Tigers the game. The Gators were able to pickup 2 first downs before being forced to punt with only 7 seconds left in the game and as the fat lady was singing.

As the Gators began their celebration, you could hear the chants echoing from the stands....

"S-E-C!!! S-E-C!!! S-E-C!!!"

It was a great game from the Tigers and coach Beazus. There were many times throughout the 2nd half that I thought he was going to make his comeback and I would be going home with regret and my tail between my legs. Thankfully, the digital Gators stood tall and fought through to get the opportunity to hoist that crystal ball.

If only this game had been played hours earlier instead of getting delayed by Clemson, the Tigers probably would have won in a landslide as it's being reported that Coach KSherm was severly intoxicated hours before the game by his boss at happy hour. Thankfully for Gator fans, the delay gave the coach enough time to sober up and that surely helped the team today.

It's also worth noting the games sponsers were also drunk. We played the Rose Bowl BCS game in Miami at the Orange Bowl instead of Pasadena. WTF???

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UF
    Clem​
    First Downs
    14​
    14​
    Total Offense
    314​
    272​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    21-27-1​
    28-106-1​
    Comp-Att-TD
    15-22-1​
    15-24-0​
    Passing Yards
    287​
    166​
    3rd Down Conv
    4-8 (50%)​
    6-11 (45%)​
    Turnovers
    2​
    1​
    T.O.P.
    13:57​
    14:03​

Players of the Game:
    Game BallFS D. Jensen, 7 tkls, tfl, sack, ff, fr, game winning pass breakup​

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17591906
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17591914
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17591885
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17591945
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17591979

16. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

17. GoGators

hahaha, come on, you already used that on me once.

18. KnightNoles

its good enough to use again
    I dont give a damn...