2012 Bowl Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jan 11, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Advancing to Offseason NLT Thursday January 13, 10pm PST...CPU games should be done NLT than Wednesday night. Hopefully we can knock out the 2 user games by then and advance to the offseason. Good luck in your Bowl games everyone!

2. omega41

omega41 Walk On

Shootout In Tampa

I have played many games in my video game life but what happen in the Outback Bowl was just insane. It all started with my defense doing what it normally does which is absolutely nothing but getting beat in the trenches. Down 21-0 in the first quarter after Wingo ran a disheartening 'your defense are girls''run for 79 yards I felt the wind had been knocked out of my players. So in the start of the 2nd quarter I knew I had to make them feel like this game wasn't over(really I had to make myself stop feeling that I had no chance of coming back lol).

I drive down the field but couldn't convert on 3rd down so it was 4th and 1 on Arkansas 33 yard line. A field goal wasn't going to get it so it was 'do or die' on this play and Brandon Wegher(HB) ran it 33 yards for a touchdown which started the spark. On the ensuing kickoff Arkansas fumbles and Austin Gray picks it up for a td. 21-14!! We now have a game folks!!

It went back and forth but my offense played the best game since I have been coaching here and the Seniors didn't want to leave the school on a losing note. As bad as my defense played they made a key goal line stance in the 4th just like the Auburn-Oregon game yesterday where my defense stopped a sure touchdown and then shutdown Arkansas 4 straight times on the goal line . Next play after the stop was a 97 yard pass to seal the deal. Stats below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Wisconsin, after being snubbed by Fresno St in the bcs rankings, had to regroup fast to take on So Cal in the Tositos Fiesta Bowl. USC got on the board first as QB Barkley was able to plow his way into the endzone for the opening score. Phillips would respond with a 4 yard TD to TE Anderson. Barkley would then score on a 45 yard run as time expired in the first, breaking two tackles in the process. "They came out in some pistol formations, and we werent ready for it in the beginning. They did a good job of always putting a hat on someone" Coach Mexi. The Badgers once again drove down the field, scoring on a White TD run. On the fourth play of the next Trojan drive, MLB Borland would lay the lumber on HB Shoemate, jarring the ball free as Wisconsin recovered. White would then score again. Trying to make something happen before the half, Phillips would throw an int. The defense held though and forced a punt. Phillips would then throw it deep to Duckworth. The pass was tipped up in the air by one defender, dropped as another defender tried for the pick, and fell right into Duckys hands. He then made a man miss and ran 40 yards in for the score . It was 28-14 Wisconsin, and the Badgers were feeling good going into the half. With the Trojans driving in the 3rd, the man of the hour Borland would again would lay out Shoemate, causing another fumble. Phillips drove to the Trojan 10, only to be picked off again, this time for a pick 6. The Trojans would then score again, all of a sudden bringing the game to a tie at 28 all. Wisconsin then went to the run to take off as much time as possible to get a late lead, but a sack on third down pushed the Badgers out of FG range, forcing a punt. Punter of the year Roberts would pin the Trojans inside the 10. A holding penalty on third down that would have been a first down ended the drive for Barkley. Then a shank punt by the Trojans would give the Badgers the ball at the opponents 41. White was then able to bust out a 22 yard gain, and Roberts kicked in the game winning FG as time expired. "This is a great way to finish off the year. We have won 2 straight BCS games. Ya, im pissed we didnt play for the title, but what a way for these seniors to go out. It was the epitome off the season, as it just seems a new player each week steps up and makes a play." Borland, the POTG, ended his day with 6 solo tackles, 2 tfl's and 3 forced fumbles. He will surely have a great career in the pros as he enters the draft.

4. MexiRican35

Damn average 40 yards a catch with Shumpert thats insane.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@ Omega, I saw that run by the Arkansas back last night on the wire...that was insane. He did treat your D like little girls. Also, that TD pass that got tipped around was pretty sweet. You need to upload those 2 plays to youtube and get them on here!

@Mexi, Dre was using the pistol with USC so its still in there. During the offseason, im going to change all the teams back to their original playbooks.

6. MexiRican35

Ya thats what i figured it was. Funny that the cpu has a FB as the starting HB in Shoemate. Ill still take those 2 fumbles though haha

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I noticed that too. Baxter was the back up! Shoemate had some nice runs against me but he did have some key fumbles also.

8. omega41

omega41 Walk On

I tried to find those videos under my highlight area looking for that game but couldn't find them so I gave up on that because I did wanted to post those in my recap. I followed the instruction on 'how to upload youtube videos ' but couldn't find the game versus Arkansas

9. omega41

omega41 Walk On

They had bad defensive formations at times where they brought the house or had a safety on him one on one and his speed rating is 98 need I say more lol

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Texas 51
    Fresno State 14

Goliath Smashes David into Fine Paste

Texas sent a message to non-BCS schools, "You do not belong." Texas brutalized the bulldogs all over the field. Texas Senior and Heisman Winner Goodwin finished his final season in style rushing for 162 yards and 3 TD in just 5 carries, as well as 5 catches for 57 yards and a TD. On the last play of his career, Goodwin busted off an 82 yard rush finishing off one of the greatest seasons in ncaa history.

Goodwin 3277 total yards, 920 Rushing(54 carries), 1322 Recieving(81 catches), 1035 returning, 28 TDs

A bitter sweet victory for QB Gilbert who came back for his senior season but a broken tibia sidelined him midway through the year. After coming up just short of the national title the last 2 years, Gilbert half heartedly celebrated from his cruches on the sideline as backup Connor Wood managed to achieve that which gilbert never could... BCS Championship.

11. MexiRican35

If we ever do the N.O. mvp this year, goodwin wins it hands down

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yep I suck...been a slacker on that. Does anyone want to take up the annual task of doing the NO MVP?

13. MexiRican35

Since i brought it up, ill do it.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Sweet! Thanks for stepping up. Handle it however you want man.

15. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Illini Take Thriller in Tempe Over Rival Missouri
    Illini: 7 7 3 7 24
    Missouri: 7 0 0 14 21

Every year, Illinois and Missouri take each other on during week one of the regular season in a game dubbed "The Arch Rivalry". Well, in 2012, the Arch Rivalry would have a second installment at the Insight Bowl in Tempe, AZ. Missouri did not fare well outside of conference during the regular season, but they were the Big XII North Champions and were certainly not to be taken lightly by the 7-5 Illini.

The Illini would strike first midway through the first quarter when Forcier whipped a pass to Davidson from 5 yards out. Davidson, on the drag route, was able to break the press coverage just in time to make the catch and give the Illini a 7-0 lead. Missouri would answer right at the end of the first quarter when Gabbert would hit Lucas from 20 yards out, knotting the game at 7.

Illinois would take over, and begin playing Illinois football. A healthy dose of Justin Green to go with the short passing game would move the Illini down the field efficiently and effectively. The drive would culminate with Green finding the endzone from one yard out on a toss play.

Illinois would take a 14-7 lead into the break, and add a 44 yard field goal by Weddle in the third. With the score 17-7 to start the fourth, Missouri opted to pick up the pace and run the hurry up offense. This caught the Illini defense by surprise, and Missouri was able to eventually capitalize with a 24 yard TD pass from Gabbert to Lucas.

With a 17-14 lead, rather than run the ball and try and run the clock out on Missouri, Illinois would look to Tate Forcier to lead them down the field to seal up the win. Three incomplete passes and a short punt later, Missouri would take over with about four minutes to go at their own 44. Missouri would move the ball down the field in spurts, but let the clock run down in between each play. With 0:39 left, Gabbert would look over the middle for Lucas, but he was intercepted in the endzone by Bussey. All the middle linebacker needed to do was go to the ground, and Illinois would win the Insight Bowl.

He didn't. Bussey was stripped while trying to go down. The fumble was recovered by Brinkley in the endzone. Touchdown Missouri. 21-17 was now the score, and the whole crowd was in a state of shock. The east side, clad in yellow and black was celebrating; the west side, clad in orange and blue was commiserating. With 0:39, the game was certainly over to them. But in a season shrouded by accusations of magic, Illinois had one more trick up there sleeve. After a short kick and a good return by Jack Ramsey got the Illini up to their own 38, Forcier would look deep over the middle and find Whitehead on fly. The pass would connect, and Whitehead was gone; 62 yards for the game winning score.

Forcier would finish the game 14-24 passing for 241 yards and 2 scores. He also gained 24 yards on the ground in 5 carries. Justin Green finished his final game in an Illini uniform with 81 yards on 18 carries and the one touchdown. What was surprising for many Illini fans was how the much maligned defense was able to contain the Missouri offense. Missouri was only able to gain 26 yards on 17 carries. Furthermore, Illinois would have 3 interceptions in the game, more than they had in any single game this year. As for Missouri, Gabbert would finish 20-36 for 309 yards and 2 touchdowns to go with his 3 picks. His main target was Lucas, who finished with 179 yards on 9 catches. Lucas was on the receiving end of both touchdown passes.

Next up for both of these teams, a long offseason. However, it wont be long before September is here and the Arch Rivalry will be back in action.

16. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#16 Oklahoma 31
    #14 Oregon State 35

Oklahoma came out and dominated the Oregon State Beavers scoring 28 unanswered points to start the game. Oklahoma's RB Jermie Calhoun killed the Oregon State defense scoring two rushing touchdowns, the first was a 77 yard run, the second was a 53 yard scamper making the score 28-0 with a minute remaining in the first half. Then Oregon State decided it wasn't going to down fighting. Ryan Katz hit Kevin Cummings for a 53 yard TD pass with 38 seconds remaining in the first half. Then Oregon State forced a three and out and got the ball back with 10 seconds remaining in the half at about the midfield. With two seconds remaining Katz heaved the ball to the endzone to Jordan Bishop who caught it for a touchdown.

In the second half Oregon State started with the ball and marched it down the field resulting in a 8 yard touchdown pass to Malcolm Marable. Oregon State forced Oklahoma to fumble the ensuing kickoff but could not score. Oregon State would recover with Ryan Katz hitting Markus Wheaton for a 30 yard touchdown pass to tie the game. Oklahoma offense which was lifeless for most of the second half responded with a solid drive resulting in a 54 yard field goal making the score 31-28. Then Oregon State senior Ryan Katz, took the field most likely for his last drive as a college quarterback. He led the Beavers down the field and got the ball within the five yardline with two minutes remaining, and began chewing the clock. Then on third down Ryan Katz hit his tight end Colby Prince for a 3 yard touchdown pass with less than 30 seconds remaining.

Oregon State's defense played very well after recovering from the disasterous start. The defense recorded 6 sacks for the game. DE Andrew Seumalo played like his early season form recording 2 sacks and forcing a fumble. In addition Seumalo became the single season sack leader for Oregon State. He had a great season.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Hopefully mboda and I can get the Rose Bowl in tomorrow night and advance into the offseason. So if you have CPU game left, get er done. Dont want to sim anyone's bowl game. I believe just Jface and Jayrah are left, besides the user game.

18. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

LSU 24 vs TAMU 14

This game was not nearly as close as the final score, as LSU dominated every facet of the game. After a pretty good start, Texas A&M boinked another field goal off the crossbar from 43, leaving much doubt to whether or not Freshman Kicker Joseph Collins will be back.

Stacy and Quinn ran all over the Aggies after that, totalling 22 carries, 119 yards, and a touchdown. Additionally Johnson threw for 207 and 2 tds. But the real story was the LSU defense holding down the previously high potency Aggies to 0 pts in the first 3 qtrs. Two late TDs curbed the deficit, but the 3 turnovers before that told the story. "They knew what we were doing before we did" said Coach Davis. "It was embarrassing to get pushed around like that, especially after we took steps forward all year. I thought this was gonna be a huge step for our program right now. But apparently we still have some work to do. It's not good enough to get to this historic Bowl and be satisfied. Not good enough."

The Aggies are surely losing some talent to graduation and the NFL this offseason, but a solid recruiting class and some young talent returning could make this a very interesting team in 2013.

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The Rose Bowl was one hell of a game last night, with UCLA losing to Ohio State in OT, 33-30. The Bruins had a chance to win the game at the end of regulation, but my superman kicker got iced and missed a 49 yard FG just to the right as time expired.

In OT, the Bruins were forced to kick a FG. Ohio State's first play was little screen pass to the HB, which I had read with my LB but ran right by the guy, allowing OSU a first and goal. The very next play, Super Freshman Chapman punched it in for the winning score.

All and all, it was a great game and I was happy to actually have a shot at winning. Would have loved the upset but it was still a fun game. You have a great team mboda. Good luck in Season 4!

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

@JFace907

You are the last CPU game. Deadline is tonight 10pm PST. Let me know if you are around or not.

We advance to players leaving tonight guys. Great Season Everyone!

21. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

come on Face brah!

22. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Jface posted in the vacation/absence thread that he is moving to Arizona this week and would have limited availability.

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah but ive seen him on and off live and he's managed to play his RMG game. He hasnt posted anything so when I get on in the next hour or so, I'll advance us to the offseason.