2012 Conference/Team Selection

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Mar 27, 2011.

?

What Conference Alignment would you like to see?

1. Big Ten/Pac Ten/SEC

72.7%
  2. Big Ten/Pac Ten/Big 12

9.1%
  3. Big Ten/Pac Ten/ACC or Big East

18.2%
  4. Something else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Please vote asap and post your top 3 team choices for next season. This isn't going to lock you into your team necessarily, but it will give me an idea of where everyone will be and where the open spot will be. If you would like to remain with your current team then designate that with an * or something.

@MaslerBoros16
    @Nautica
    @dakota7
    @GoGators
    @Big Suge Knight
    @blLL flo
    @AJ Hart MN
    @gowazzucougs
    @recchem2000
    @fuzzyl0gic

Big Ten:
    1. Michigan (Big Suge Knight)
    2. Michigan State (JCspartan2)
    3. Minnesota (AJ Hart MN)

Pac Ten:
    1. Oregon (Nautica)
    2. Washington State (Gowazzucougs)
    3. USC (Maslerboros16)
    4. UCLA (Recchem2000)

SEC:
    1. Georgia (Dakota7) (unless Fuzzy wants them)
    2. South Carolina (BlLL Flo)
    3. LSU (Recchem2000)

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

This works

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

My top 3:

1) Michigan State*
    2) Nebraska
    3) Washington

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

My Top 3 would be Notre Dame, Oregon, and Penn St.

If guys would be opposed to ND going into the big 10 then I would go Oregon, Penn St., LSU

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Although it may be better for scheduling purposes if ND stays as an Independent. There were times this year where in a 2 division conference set-up that a couple of teams would have NO user games within conference scheduled and it made it a pain in the ass to get the schedules done and would end up with 1 or 2 people having 1 more game then everyone else.

Just a thought

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan*

LSU
    Nebraska

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

We might not even need to move ND into the big ten. I think we could just "schedule" them into one of the conferences, whichever one has the missing user. I think ND could work even though the balance would be a tad off.

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I think it would too, every season I would be playing you and that loser @Big Suge Knight also if someone ends up taking USC then that would fill up almost all of ND's user games for the season. Although I am seriously considering taking Oregon instead.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Top 3

USC
    Penn State
    UCLA (subject to change)

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

USC? I don't think we can be friends anymore Mas. LOL what the hell is this! This is shaping to be the perfect league for someone who wants ND! Now the only team left for someone to take would be Stanford and ND's User schedule would be set year in and year out.

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I voted for Big Ten/Pac 12/SEC, because I think that will be the most interesting. All 3 have CCG's, which is cool. There are some cool bowl tie-ins as well, not least of all being the Rose Bowl.

1a. Georgia
    1b. Wisconsin
    3. Pac 12 -- I'm kind of open. Probably Washington, but there are 3 or 4 others I could take too.

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

@JCspartan2 put me down for Oregon as of now. I still might switch back to ND, i'll just have to wait and see what the rosters are before I make a final commitment.

13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Got it.

14. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I will take WSU, Nebraska, Auburn

15. dakota7

You gonna do the cougs in Night Owls too?

16. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I can, I could also take the Beavers, no one seems to be interested in the Beavers. No one realizes there talent in Corvalis

17. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I don't really think I'd want to be Purdue and I don't think I could see myself playing against them, so I'm looking at the SEC or PAC 10. I'll probably take a team that was similar to Clemson at the start, so I can build them up a bit. So maybe...

South Carolina
    Tennessee
    LSU
    Stanford

18. dakota7

C'mon bill, aren't you tired of playing me every year? Lol, if bill takes the SEC East, I may pick a team from the West.

19. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I'm still thinking about my list.. FSU is now looking like a longshot with everyone not wanting the ACC. I'll get something up tomorrow.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Put me up for USC for now @JCspartan2.

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

I've never really been a Pac 10 (12) team so I think I might enjoy it if there is enough competition. Big perk about USC is the recruiting ability

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Man I have to think about this...Going to be a Pac 10 or SEC team. With the Night Owls being Pac 10 / Big 10 most likely, im leaning towards the SEC. LSU would be my first choice as I had them in the LOC and had a nice run with them and regret that I let them go when we moved to a 2 conference set up. Pencil me in for LSU, subject to change. Might be fun to have UCLA over here and Masler as my rival! Could take someone else in the Night Owls...we'll see.

Top 3
    1a LSU
    1b. UCLA
    3. Tennessee

23. dakota7

24. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

So by the way things look, the pac 12 north would be full, leaving the available teams in the south being ucla, arizona, arizona st, Colorado, and utah. @AJ Hart MN come to the pac 12 and join in on the fun we are all going to have! You would have fun beating on Mas every season!

25. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Not a fan of the Pac-10.. I've been through 8 seasons as Oregon in a different league and the last place I want to be next year is back playing the Cals, SC's and Coug's of the world.. Seen enough of those guy's this year. Plus, I really don't like the West Coast teams anyways.

I wouldn't mind the SEC but every team I would have liked has been picked already.. If I take Minnesota, I don't want to end up dreading playing my games because I'm getting crushed in every user game I play. It really can't be much fun going into some of these games with literally no chance. After just playing recchem and seeing how much of a disadvantage he was at playing against me, I just don't find that fun. I kind of got the feeling he feels the same way right now.

If one of the guys don't end up picking Georgia, South Carolina or LSU I could go to the SEC or I can find a Big-10 squad and roll there. Like I said before, I can find a team and be happy.