2012+ Florida Gators

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

2012+ Florida Gators

Offense: Kansas State

Defense: 4-3

2. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Offense - Was pass heavy for most of the game and mixed up his passing game pretty well. I was able to slow down most of his passing but he really shredded me on the one drive late in the 1st half when I went to a looser zone and some man blitzes. The most frustrating plays were when his qb would scramble and then pull up right at the LOS to hit someone 15 - 20 yards down field. The running game was used mostly as a change of pace and was decent mix of inside and out.

Defense - Played lot of 5 man fronts to start the game and really loaded up the box when he saw that I was running most of the time. Somehow those 8 or 9 man boxes were still able to drop back and cover 3 or 4 receivers though with little problem. He got a few sacks but most were a result of me tucking the ball and trying to scramble and running into his lineman.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

2013 Florida Gators

2013 Gators Playbooks

Offense: LSU

Defense: 4-2-5

Changed March 22, 2010

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

No games so far this season but I'm changing my playbook from Auburn to LSU. I have used the LSU playbook in my OFFL league with some success and it fits my personnel better than Auburn playbook.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Offense: Tried to establish a run game and can run very well if he can keep the game within management. went 4 wide more than I expected and spreads the ball well. Well make a mistake or two if you can disguise your defense or mix up coverages. Ran pistol but mostly ran out of the formation. Scrambles very effectively and will hit a receiver.

Defense: Don't recall to many blitzes. Zone for most of the game except on my two outside WR, but we are also familiar with each others style. I like running against the 4-2-5 and if you stick with it you should be able to break some runs off, power runs out of the I and strong sets, very little singleback runs

6. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Offense: Ran the ball very well and used counters very effectively, especially on Gillispies big run. Didn't go to the 4 WR formation as much as expected but used a 1-3-1 setup alot. Very solid at mixing up his plays.

Defense: Evans. Stay far away from him. Mixed his schemes up but played some 4-2-5 and 5 front set to stop my run. Need to run up the middle with him to have success as his speed is killer. Controlled his MLB in running situations but later in passing, used his FS Starling. Great job brave.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2014 Playbooks

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Offense: TCU

Defense: 4-3

9. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Offense: Started off the game wanting to run the ball, but ended up throwing more than running. He is a really good passer. If I brought pressure he would throw to the HBs in the flats, but if I sat back in zone he would pick the defense apart. I caught a lucky break when McCloud was injured for most of the 1st half. Used some 3 WR formations and would motion his HB out wide into the slot.

Defense: Controls his MLB most of the time. He played a lot of 4-4 and 5-2 at the beginning of the game to stop the run. He makes a lot of user tackles, most of which are big hits. His DBs are very good and stuck with my WRs pretty well. He probably played more zone than man, but he mixes it up quite well. One thing's for sure, he's good on the sticks.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I just want to note that my backup QB was 11-13 with no interceptions. He was very accurate but I didn't have much confidence on him on deep balls. I'm not saying he can't pass deep, I'm just not that familiar with using him.

11. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Ah crap...my bad brave. I guess I should have had the stats in front of me before I toss out that your backup QB isn't accurate. I must have just remembered the 2 incompletions :D. Funny how you remember only what you want to remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.