2012 Florida State Seminoles Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jan 20, 2010.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2012 Florida State Seminoles Scouting Report

Playbooks:
    Offense = Florida State
    Defense = 4-3

2. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

No scouting reports!? Come on now guys! Give me somethin!

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Offense- very conservative with great running attack. Best play was the toss play to strong set side. Stop the run you win the game. If you can put pressure on his qb he has a history of making mistakes

Defense- fast, very fast. I had trouble running the ball and my playbook doesn't have a great pass selection so i was doomed. Controlled his mlb and played mostly man.

4. LeGeNd RiPs

Offense: Won't pass unless he absolutely has to. Stays under center 90% of the time. Rarely shows shotgun (3rd down). Very very good running attack. He'll kill you on the strong side for a while then he'll go weak side. He didn't run any play action against me. When he did pass, it was a straight drop. Every pass from under center was in a one-back set. Gets the ball out quick. O-line doesn't do well against the blitz and i was able to exploit this a few times. Quick, tall receivers. Don't be fooled if his starting running back is out. He's got great depth at running back.

Defense: Stayed in a 4-3 over/under most of the game. Not blitz happy at all. He may have blitzed me 4 times the whole game. Likes to drop into coverage and play the pass. Very good d-line and linebackers. I had virtually no running game. Lots of cover 4.

Gameplan: Stop the run, win the game. Thats all there is to it....(WAAAAAY easier said than done!)

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yikes, looks like im getting a bit perdictable. Might have to lean on EJ Manuel a bit more to mix things up!

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Nah....if it aint broke don't fix it. Stick with the run and the way things are going, Pryor might get some hardware come seasons end at the rate of everyone elses RB's getting hurt.

7. LeGeNd RiPs

Seriously! I knew what you were going to do and still couldn't stop it!

8. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Offense: What the others said is on point. You have to stop FSU's powerful running game if you want the W. Did a good job of mixing up the inside/outside, strong side/weak side, and straight/counter runs. Watch out for the play action! FSU will burn you with it if you commit too much to stopping the run. When passing, did a pretty good job against Clemson. One interception was on a deflected pass. The only weakness in the passing game is that FSU tends to hold on to the ball too long - this can lead to interceptions on wounded ducks or sacks.

Defense: Does an EXCELLENT job at stopping the inside run. In the first half, I may have had 20 yards rushing max. In passing situations, will throw a zone coverage at you and sometimes bring the heat from the OLBs.