2012+ Florida State

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2012+ Florida State

Offense- LSU
    Defense- Multiple D

Backup speed QB will get some snaps occasionally he is Brad Douglas #1 and black. Secord is the starter #16 and white

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Offense - Runs very well. Only passed 4 times mainly because his running game did the job for him. He had the ball mostly in my territory and his runningbacks break tackles really well

Defense - Runs a good mix of formations and seems to prefer man and will use the zone blitz to force pressure.

3. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Offense - Tried to establish the run with Pryor and ended up with 100 yards but didn't consistently move the ball versus the 4-2-5 with the run. Mostly tried to break to the outside on runs and threw in a handful of pistol option runs from backup QB.
    Side question - are we allowed to sub in option QB middle of a drive?
    Passing game was also not extremely effective although he was able to make a few amazing user catches of wobbly ducks in the middle of a few OU defenders. Tried to go deep unsuccessfully a couple times.

Defense - Played good D mixing up the 4-3 and nickle and dimes but once again the game changer was the ability to cause turnovers. OU ran the ball decently against his D and Landry Jones put up good numbers going across the middle and over the top a couple of times for big gains. The strategy on D is ultra aggession toward turnovers and big hits, probably 30+, and since the CPU doesn't punish that nearly enough it worked. Still trying to figure out how to avoid those turnovers.

4. KnightNoles

Go back and look at the first post....

TF has a rule and can't think of it off the top of my head but are allowed to do it if posted, you make sure people are aware of it and you don't abuse it.

5. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Got it and I agree that it should be able to be done sparingly.

6. KnightNoles

2013 Playbooks

Offense- LSU
    Defense- Multiple D

Backup speed QB will get some snaps occasionally he is Brad Douglas #1.
    Will be a lil tougher to tell this year as starter Joe Smith #12 is black also but is taller and thicker.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Offense: Goes for deep ball on first down at least a few times per game. Last 2 games he has went for deep ball on the first play of his second drive. He passes a little more than last season but still likes to run often. His o-line is godly so it is tough to stop run or get pressure on quarterback.

Defense: Loves the user created takeaways. He big hit me for a fumble (scoop and score) on a reception by my WR. He also had 2 interceptions with his LB, not sure if they were user picks or just bad throws. One of the interceptions went for a TD. When I wasn't turning the ball over my team was able to move the ball. Passing game was effective when my QB got time but that didn't happen very often. His team racked up 10 sacks, mostly by the defensive line. Running game had some decent runs but in total my lead back only averaged 3.5 ypc.

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Offense - It's all about one thing, the deep pass. He came out 4 wide and threw deep down the sideline on the first play for a big completion. His QB has a cannon and he has 2 6'5" WR's with 93+ speed, combine that with his ability to user catch the jump ball and it completely took me out of my defensive game. I was running cover 4 or cover 2 man all game long after the first couple drives because I was paranoid about the big play. He took advantage in the 3rd quarter, getting a TD on a nice screen pass to his HB for a 70 yard TD that was the game winning score.

Defense - His defensive line is fast and strong, I was able to run just well enough but couldn't muster anything big. The passing game was shut down by a combination of me having a true frosh QB who isn't great (rated an 80 OVR) and his back 4 blanketing my WR's. He runs mostly zones until I had some success running then he occassionally mixed in some man.

Good game as always Noles, my recommendation to anyone playing him is to try and run to shorten the game. You don't want to give that QB and WR group a bunch of chances to beat you.

9. KnightNoles

2014 Playbooks

Offense: LSU
    Defense: Multiple D

*Starter Joe Smith (Black #12) and Eric George (White #17)
    George will run option or will be in the game with his speed​

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Offense - I was able to mostly shut down the running game (except for one drive in the 3rd quarter), and he wasn't able to hit his usual deep passes on me this year (likely due to not having giant fast WR's anymore). He did do a great job at throwing completions in the intermediate areas, especially on 3rd down. He still has tall WR's and he tends to throw high heat to them when it's within 15 yards and then user catch the high throw.

Defense - His defense is probably better this year than last year, except at DE. The LB's are fast and he rarely came out of the 4-3 or 3-4 even vs my 4 and 5 wide looks. I was able to hit some deep stuff down the field and moved the ball pretty effectively, but watch for the big hits, because they are coming.

Good win Noles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.