2012 Fruit Star BCS Championship Preview

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Mar 2, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2012 Fruit Star BCS Championship Preview

[​IMG]
    VS.
    [​IMG]

Figured I'd get the ball rolling on this since our other 10 league members are being bashful.

The 2012 Fruit Star BCS Championship is a rematch of the #1 ranked Clemson Tigers and #2 Florida Gators. The first time around, the Tigers won on a two point conversion in overtime in Death Valley. Will they be able to do it again? Or will the Gators exact revenge on Coach Beazus and the Tigers?

The Gators have been hoping for a rematch against the Tigers all season long. And after a great victory over Auburn in the SEC CG, the Gators got their wish. Heisman winning QB J. Reed will lead his offense into this game looking to add some more hardware to his collection at the Bill Heavner sports complex in Gainesville.

HB Mike Gillislee, who fumbled the ball in the game this year allowing Clemson to tie the game up late, won't be able to suit up for this one as he's still out for the year with an injury. However, he'll be in the ear of all the UF HB's this week making sure they hang onto the ball.

The Gators will also bring a hungry defense into this game. Giving up that 2 point conversion earlier this season cost the Gators the game and is something the defensive unit hasn't forgotten. CB Jeremy Brown especially hasn't forgot as it was his man who beat him for the final TD in OT on 4th and long.

Clemson on the other hand, is missing SR QB Kyle Parker. Parker was a big play maker in the first showdown. If he's able to suit up, it would be a huge boost for the Clemson team. Parker was on a record setting pace this season before going down to what some considered a season ending injury. If he's unable to go, the backup QB will have his hands full against a fully loaded UF defense. Luckily, he'll have great players in his backfield to take some of the pressure off him, but if you recall, the Gators knocked all 3 HB's out of the game in their first contest.

Given this is the first user vs user BCS game since 2009, this is undoubtedly the biggest game in SE history. The 09 game was great, but the story lines hadn't been created yet in the dynasty. This time around, they have.

What's your prediction and analysis? Let the discussion begin.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Not going to write an elaborate preview, but the obvious key here will be the health of Parker. If Parker is healthy I think Clemson wins. We will assume Parker plays.

Clemson-35
    Florida- 31

ACC!!!!

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    boo i just slaved over my preview and yours is up like that :(

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

My preview sucks hahaha. I'm too biased to go in depth. Post yours damnit!

5. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

35-27 Gators...just a guess lol