2012 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jonskinny12, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Indiana came ready to play on the road against #6 Georgia, who struggled to get the offense going most of the game. With a couple big plays from the backfield, they jumped out to a 10-3 lead in the first half. Just before halftime, they were stopped at the 2 yard line and were forced to kick a field goal before time ran out.

Coming out of the locker room down 13-3, the Georgia defense stepped up to force 5 turnovers in the second half. Perhaps the most impactful was a fumble returned for a touchdown with 2:37 remaining in the 4th quarter to give Georgia the lead, 20-13. Indiana threw yet another interception, seeming to seal the game for Georgia, but a field goal missed right wide gave the Hoosiers new hope with about a minute to play.

Indiana drove down the field to Georgia's 19 yard line with about 15 seconds to play. Tre Roberson took the snap, scanned the field and found nobody open. He took off toward the first down and left sideline when LB Chase Vasser forced his second fumble of the game which was recovered by CB Brandon Smith. Georgia just needed one more snap and the game was over.

In the end, this game came down to turnovers. Indiana had 5 in the second half which let Georgia back in the game and they never recovered.

1 2 3 4 F
    Indiana 3 10 0 0 13
    #6 Georgia 0 3 7 10 20

IU UGA
    1st Downs 13 9
    3rd Down Conversions 4/9 5/10
    4th Down Conversions 0/0 0/0
    Total Offense 307 205
    Passing Yards 197 153
    Completions/Attempts 11/18 17/25
    Yards Per Attempt 10.9 6.1
    Rushing Yards 110 52
    Rushing Attempts 29 15
    Yards Per Rush 3.8 3.5
    Penalties-Yards 2-10 0-0
    Turnovers 5 1
    Fumbles Lost 2 1
    Interceptions Thrown 3 0
    Possession 15:04 12:56

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

If you look at stats Indiana should have blown GA away. Unfortunate fumbles.

3. eberdeeber

eberdeeber Walk On

You must not know football very well Cocky. Turnovers are part of the game and the stats. If he didn't turn the ball over then yes he would have won. That's like if I said "if the line would have blocked better then I could have completed more passes which would have led to scoring." Or "if I didn't fumble then the outcome of the game could have been different." There are always something that people can look at in the game that can be a pivotal moment. His offensive stats are better but my defensive stats are better. I know it is hard to see that when you are a Green Bay Falcon Cheese Head. lol Just look at the score board. When UGA plays the UT(Un Talented), just look at the score board.lol

4. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

As Bart Scott once said "Cant Wait"!!!!

My Volunteers are going to wax that UGALY ass.

5. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Where's more summaries??

6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

A few are in individual teams "Team Previews" posts. They should be in here, you are correct. We'll work on getting better at that next week. We are missing a few game summaries though, eberdeeber , Erik the Red , Chris Rouse , BigKing

Game Summaries are to be written by the winning team of user vs user games guys. Hell, we have the losing teams doing game summaries, and it sucks to do them when you lose. What's up with the rest of you guys. Week 1 guys, can't be slacking now!!

7. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

So the losing team of a user vs user game is not supposed to write up a game summary? Is there a problem with having two game summaries? I still enjoy doing them and sharing highlights when I lose.

8. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

No, feel free to do so. It adds alot to the site when we all do game summaries. But it isn't going to be required, like it is for the winning team.

9. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I would do one but it would be a disservice to BigKing and his boasting, hooting and hollering about the total annihilation and systematic dismemberment of them Hogs during one of the most embarrassingly horrible games ever played in Arkansas' history. To paraphrase the game of the week post.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  10. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

is ther a reason? I don't know about yet to why we just don't utilize the Easports online dynasty page? they have the game summary thingy allset up and it would be a lot less work for people?

11. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I didn't do a summary because one was done for the game of the week and I couldn't top it.

12. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

A reason we do game summaries??? 1.) It is a big part of the TSO experience. 2.) It adds dept and intrigue to our league. 3.) Sparks controversy, competitiveness, rivalries, the list goes on and on.

It is also well spelled out in our "League Rules and Expectations". For me, I enjoy doing them and reading them. I think most of us here do, that is why we are apart of TSO.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

I wasn't asking why we do them (i'm a sim/rpg guy who loves that stuff) but I was asking more why don't we do our summaries on the online dynasty page (and just link them).

14. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

15. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

16. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Feel free to copy and paste stuff from the site onto here, but we are going to stick with what we have been doing. I don't want just a bunch of links to other sites.

17. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

you got it

18. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

#14 Clemson goes down in the season opener to Penn State in what turned out to be a very close game. Clemson lead with 2 minutes remaining, but could not move the ball to run out the clock. In the end, it was a perfectly thrown ball over the head of Clemson CB Darius Robinson that put Penn State on top, 28 - 27. That would be enough.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  19. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Wow what a game. Thats why i love and hate football.

20. C Young

C Young Walk On

PENN STATE UNIVERSITY 28
    CLEMSON TIGERS 27

What a way to begin the 2012 College Season! After an off-season mired in controversy, the Nits were a little frightened as to how their season may open against a high profile team like the Clemson Tigers. It was an old school BIG 10 grind em' out kind of game for the majority of the first half highlighted by an 83 yd TD run by Silas Redd of PSU and a 53 yd td return by Sammy Watkins of Clemson. The second half was pretty much all Clemson, as coach clayandlbf ran up and down the field at will and neutralized the Penn State offense first by injuring Redd and second getting immense QB pressure. Being the resilient type, Coach Young told his young squad to never give up and that he had the utmost faith in QB Paul Jones. This must've lit a fire under Jones' ass because he came out in the hurry-up offense guns ablazin'. Next thing you know PSU is up 28-27 on a beautifully thrown deep ball down the left sideline to his speedster (and I use this term loosely) Justin Brown.

Clay and the Tigers had one more chance to come back, but the big PSU Linebackers were having none of it. With control of the line of scrimmage, this left the DBs to do work and they responded with their 5th INT of Tajh Boyd to seal the game! Great game to coach Clay and the Clemson Tigers, but no one leaves Happy Valley with a smile on their face!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  21. BigKing

[​IMG]AT[​IMG]
    The 6th ranked Seminoles came into Bobby Dodd Stadium looking to make a statement as the front runner for the ACC Championship. For most of the game Florida State looked dominant and was well on the way to a blow out victory. Star EJ Manuel was an efficient 17/26 for 226 yards through the air for a total of 3 touchdowns, no interceptions. The Seminole defense looked strong and held Tech's option offense in check all game. Things got exciting in the 4th quarter as the Yellow Jackets scored on a long seem pass down the middle of the field to their halfback. After the game Georgia Tech's coach called this play the clayandlbf special. Later in the 4th, Georgia Tech was able to recover an onside kick by kicking it short of 10 yard mark but for some reason the Seminole kick team was unable to resist the urge to run in and boot the ball. Tech then passes the ball down the field for another score. Inexplicably again the Seminole hands team run in and can't pickup the ball. The Yellow Jackets again go down the field and score. Could we have three onside kicks in a row recovered? No, this time a Coach BigKing sends a man in well beyond the 10 yard mark diving on the ball and sealing the game.
    Seminoles win 31-28.
    Coach BigKing has learned a valuable lesson again CPU competition, run that score up!!!!!

Also due to regional black out rules, this game was not televised so no highlights were created.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  22. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

No highlights....SMH.

23. BigKing

Forgot, I'm not used to doing it. And there were really no highlight unless you could hear my language during the onside kicks.

24. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Down To Their Third String RB, Wisconsin Still Goes Down Fighting
    Texas A&M ( dj illmatic 23 )- 31
    Wisconsin ( CPU )- 24
    Despite losing Heisman hopeful HB Montee Ball on the first carry of the game and his back-up James White, Wisconsin still battled the Texas A&M Aggies down to the wire. Both teams struggled to move the ball for most of the first half. With a little over two minutes to go in the half, Wisconsin clung to a 3-0 lead. However, in the final two minutes both teams combined for 28 points to make the halftime score 17-14. Wisconsin started the hectic barrage of scoring when QB Danny O'Brien connected with FB Sherard Cadogan for a 7 yard TD reception. The Aggies answered back when QB Jameill Showers scored a 4 yard TD on a QB draw play. Wisconsin struck right back with a 58 yard TD reception by WR Jared Abbrederis with only 29 seconds left in the half. The Badgers seemed to have taken all the momentum away from the Aggies, but not to be out done Showers used all three of his time-outs to lead Texas A&M back down the field. WR Ryan Swoope caught a 25 yard pass that he took down to the one yard line. The Aggies called their last time-out with four seconds left. Instead of kicking the FG, coach illmatic decided to come away with a TD or nothing. The Aggies FB plowed into the end zone to cash in on illmatic's gamble.
    Texas A&M tied the game in the third behind a 53 yard FG by K Ryan Epperson. Wisconsin seized the momentum right back by scoring a TD on an 11 yard run by third string HB Melvin Gordon. The Aggies took control of the game from here, shutting out the Badgers in the fourth while scoring two TD's of their own. The Aggies tied the game up with a little over four minutes to go on a 5 yard TD run by HB Christine Michael. On the next drive, Michael contributed the play of the game with around two minutes to go. Michael took a screen pass 61 yards deep into Badger's territory, and later scored on a 4 yard TD run. Wisconsin would actually get two more chances to tie the game up. but the Aggies defense answered the bell. Their biggest play came on an interception in the end zone with a little over a minute to go. Wisconsin used their time-outs to get the ball back, but with no time-outs they were forced to throw up several prayers that were not answered. The Aggies even their season record at 1-1 as they head into a bye week in preperation for their week four SEC debut. Texas A&M will host Tennessee in their first conference game since joining the SEC. The Badgers are reeling after an upset at the hands of UTEP and this loss at home to the Aggies. They look to right the ship next week as they host Utah St.
    Offensive Player of the Game
    Texas A&M HB Christine Michael: 23 carries/ 81 yards/ 2 TD's/ 3 catches/ 70 yards
    Defensive Player of the Game
    Texas A&M MLB Jonathan Stewart: 5 tackles/ 1 sack/ 1 Forced Fumble
    Recruiting News
    After their big first week of six signings, the Aggies had a quiet week this time around. They did not receive any commitments this week, however seveal recruits have confirmed they will visit the Aggies' campus against Ol' Miss in a few weeks.
    Play of the Game
    see link below

25. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Tennessee Vols Win Serason Opener Against Deceiving VA Tech Team
    QB Tyler Bray tosses a great game completing 70% of his passes and a touchdown. 14-20 241 yards and 0 sacks.
    HB R. Neal 19 carries for 139 yards and 2 touchdowns. Also with 6 receptions for 66 yards.
    TE M. Rivera 3 receptions for 99 yards with a long of 61 yards.
    The Vols total offense was nearly 400 with VA Tech's not reaching 300.
    422A0001_0_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_FgW.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.