2012 Gator Chomp

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Feb 12, 2010.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

2012 Gator Chomp

This is the official home for all things Florida Football. Coach Hood took over late this season but has this program on the up and up. Check here for 2012 game summaries and recruiting updates

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Florida vs. Florida State

Florida: 38
    #8 Florida State: 0

Coach Hood’s debut at the helm for the Gators was a huge success. I anticipated having a tough time with FSU but they never stood a chance in this one. The speed of the Gators proved too much for the Seminoles.

It was a very good game for the Gator offense. QB Jordan Reid got off to a very good start, connecting for some long gains. He struggled having some of his passes deflected in the 2nd half, but all in all a 3 TD game is nothing to be ashamed of. The real star of this unit was RB Mike Gillislee. He was over 100 rush yds in the first half when he was knocked out for a quarter with an injury. His abilities carried the Gators, FSU couldn’t stop him. This unit struggled a bit in the 2nd half but I came away very encouraged for the future after this performance.

Florida State’s offense looked very formidable coming into this game with all kinds of speed, but that was nothing for the Gator defense. This unit pitched a shutout, FSU could not do anything. The front seven was phenomenal. They pressured the QB, and the LB’s forced a few fumbles. The speed of this unit is just awesome to play with. The secondary was helped out by a few FSU drops but it was a very successful day all & all.

I’m very excited for the future, this win has us bowl eligible, we gotta win that to set the tone for next year. Hopefully nobody leaves but the seniors, 2013 is looking good for UF if that’s the case. As for now we just have to wait & see who we draw in the bowl game and keep hitting the recruiting trails hard.

Player Stats
    FLA QB: Jordan Reed: 8-19 11 yds 3 TD 1 INT, rush TD
    FLA RB: Mike Gillislie: 16 att 134 yds
    FLA WR: TJ Lawrence: 3 rec 25 yds 1 TD

Total offense
    FLA: 379 yds
    FSU: 146 yds