Archived 2012 Heisman Trophy Award Watch List

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LambeauLeap04, Nov 1, 2010.

1. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

The hunt for the most prestigious award in collegiate athletics is underway. 77 Heisman Trophies have been awarded since Jay Berwanger from the University of Chicago first won it in 1935.

The 2011 Heisman winner was awarded to WR Robert Woods from USC. He was only the fourth sophomore to receive the award (Tebow, Bradford, Ingram). Coming off a 77 rec, 1674 yards, 19 TD, he will be back for his junior season to attempt to become only the second player ever to win the Heisman twice (Archie Griffin).

Keep an eye on the following players to make a run for college football's most coveted award.

[​IMG]

1) Robert Woods, WR, USC - Conventional wisdom would assume Woods will not be able to win the award twice, as only Archie Griffin achieved the feat in 1974-75. But would you bet against the explosive reviver who averaged more than 20 yards a reception in 2011? He will need to pick up the pace after only catching one ball for 20 yards in USC's first game.

2) Kevin Newsome, QB, Penn State - The starting QB of the nation's top ranked team will always get serious Heisman consideration. If Penn State's national championship aspirations are legitimate and Newsome plays to his potential, he will surely be a candidate.

3) Nathan Stanley, QB, Ole Miss - Following a huge junior season, Stanley will be back in Oxford to compete for an SEC title. He's off to tremendous start after two games with 7 TD's, no interceptions and almost 700 yards passing.

4) Shaquelle Evans, WR, Notre Dame - The senior wideout is coming off a standout season with 66 rec, 1542 yards, and 16 TD's. With one of the better QB's in the nation throwing him the football, look for another monster season.

5) Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M - The aggies will have to put together a great season for Michael to get serious consideration. A win and a big game from Michael against rival Texas may just do the trick. The senior RB is coming off an impressive junior campaign and is poised to get even more looks in the offense.

Don't forget about:

- Ryan Williams, RB, VaTech
    - LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
    - Dayne Crist, QB, ND
    - Jordan Wynn, QB, Utah
    - Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

If Dayne keeps speading the ball around in the Irish offense he's going to win this shit easily with the passing attack he has... focus on one WR and that WR will win it... I'd be surprised if the Heisman didn't go to one of Drunken's players.... Woods will falter because tubb is a little nervous with our new sliders, I see him putting up All-Pac 10 numbers but not Heisman numbers. I think Ryan Williams will have a good shot as well because I doubt the Hokies stop running the ball with him. It'll be a fun time for sure, nice write up

3. BG

BG On The Rize!

Just a thought, at the end of the season, can we have a "Chaos Heisman" meaning we list the top five user offensive and defensive players and have the league users vote for their choice of who should win the award. If we already have something like this, My B!

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That's what I was trying to do with the award thread but didn't get a good turn out for votes... Voting for just the Heisman may work though.

5. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I think Dayne Crist will win this easily after putting up them crazy numbers

6. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Crist would of one it last year if he didnt get hurt. he''ll pass for 4000 yds this year and 35 TD's just gotta keep those INT's down. Even with those numbers turnovers will kill you as Jerzey will a test to that Crist 400+ yds passing and Michigan won by 2 TD's

7. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Time to knock out Christ again...lol jk

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Dayne is a beast... you can't get into a dick measuring contest with Crist or you will get burned... my whole thing was to control the ball and keep him off the field... it worked but he still threw for 400 yards... when your worst game of the season is still better than career games for others, that's a special player... capitalize on the few mistakes he's going to make... I'm so sincere when I say Crist has that Jordan effect... just try to contain him because their isn't a way to stop him... can't wait til that bastard graduates (or jumps!!)

I see tubb tried to make me eat my words this week (Woods 7rec 162yds 2TD I think):thumbsup:

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

No RB = FSU is coming; thats all I'm saying!!!

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I gotta look at your QB but I don't think that young man is messing with Crist...

11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

You forgot the interception...lol woods got an int on defense. He is on the second team

12. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

A lot of good developments so far, but I gotta predict Crist will capture the Heisman. Woods will put up a fight of course, and there are so many other contenders. Just combining Crist and Hendrix's stats from last season is insane so that is why I'm giving him the edge.

13. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Week 4 and Shaquelle Evans is busting out the Heisman pose! After game winning TD
    [​IMG]

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Shots fired:)

15. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Wow, a ballsy move by Shaq. LSU's Morris Claiborne is smirking to himself.

16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

My only problem is that most of my games will be played later in the season. I might be able to sneak in and steal the Heisman.

17. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Ryan Williams is out for 3 wks.

18. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

ouch^^^^^^

19. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

will be updated tomorrow

20. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Week 5 Update
    1) Kevin Newsome, QB, Penn State - PSU remains undefeated with national title hopes and Newsome is putting together an impressive season. He is 2nd in the nation in QB rating and has a combined 15 TD's.​
    2) Shaquelle Evans, WR, Notre Dame - Evans is leading the nation with 733 receiving yards and 9 TD's. He is averaging more than 27 yards a catch and almost 150 receiving yards per game. Gaudy numbers like these garner national attention regardless of where his team is in the rankings.​
    3) Cody Green, QB, Nebraska - Nebraska is shooting up the top 25 and is currently #10 in the country. Green is putting together a superb season with 12 TD's and 0 INT's. He is coming off a 300 yard passing performance with 76 rushing yards and 4 combined TD's.​
    4) Nathan Stanley, QB, Ole Miss - Stanley is leading the nation with a 204.4 QB rating, third in the nation in passing yards with 1566, and has a sparkling 14/0 TD/INT ratio. Even with Ole Miss falling from the top 25, look for Stanley to be in contention all season long.​
    5) Dayne Crist, QB, Notre Dame - The prolific Notre Dame QB is setting records in South Bend. Crist is on pace to pass for well over 4000 yards and 30 TD's. The fifth year senior has become accustomed to the Heisman hype over his career and this year looks to be no different.​
    - Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M​
    - Ryan Williams, RB, VaTech​
    - LaMichael James, RB, Oregon​
    - Jordan Wynn, QB, Utah​
    - Keith Price, QB, Washington​
    - Robert Woods, WR, USC​
    - Chris Polk, RB, Washington​
    - Shawne Alston, RB, WVU​
    - Eddie Lacy, RB, Bama​

21. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I doubt I win it this year...I have been spreading the ball around...and Barkley is throwing Ints....The Cpu has been guarding Woods and my outside receivers have been destroying the opponents because of it...Prater has really stepped up this year....THe only thing working in my favor is I had two bye weeks early this season. Im in back of the pack.....

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Folks are putting up great numbers all over the country but I think Cody Green has a great shot at the Heisman. Haven't looked at his season stats since week 5 but if he gets the Huskers into the Big 12 CCG he has to win it IMO

23. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

No one on my team is even remotely a heisman contender. Tajh Boyd has been playing well with his feet and sometimes his arm, but he over throws anything over 15 yards. I hope next year that he can really step up for us. I look for Shaq or Dayne to win it this year, the numbers you're putting up in that offense are ridic.

24. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

same here, my offense just doesn't allow a bustout player. I'll never have a guy on this list

25. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

If Williams didnt get hurt for 3 wks he wouldve been on there by now.