2012: Impact Freshman

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

To try and ignite some kind of fire into this league, I want to hear some of the leagues freshman players that will be making an impact this season. Especially from those of us who stayed at the programs and recruited these guys....it is a smidge bigger deal because YOU brought them in.

However that doesn't restrict it to that....to the new guys who have moved on, Congratulations on your new position. As the new Coordinator or Coach of your new program, who are you putting on the field for their first season as a collegiate athlete?

This league deserves better, let's do it.

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Rice Owls

Starting Freshman for the 2012 Season

DT Ryan Dukes (6' 6" 285 LBs)​

IMAGE​

Dukes will be filling a whole along the defensive line for the Owls this season. He brings size and is being taught how to recognize flight path of a pass and to put his hands up! He has decent tackling abilities and can pack a bunch. For his size, his pursuit is phenomenal.​

MLB Aaron Ward (6' 2" 227 LBs)​

IMAGE​

Ward is taking on a huge challenge in his first season with Rice; the keystone to the LBs of Rice. He has great help on either side of him, but his job is to control the middle of the field, and we think he can do just that. He has a quick burst so his quick decision making will be key. Ward is a strong LB and will face some tough blocks in the CUSA.​

FS Marcus Hand (6' 2" 198 LBs)​

IMAGE​

Hand is also taking on a load of responsibility in his inaugural season with the Owls. He will be given more freedom than most freshman see in their first season, because his speed and burst are extremely useful. He also has good hands and can not only break up would be pass completions, but can pluck the ball out of the air and make plays. A nightmare in the making for opposing QBs.​

3. BG

BG On The Rize!

Southern Miss

:5stars: Jason McDonald WR 6'1 166lb Forrest Park, GA.

Due to the return of a decent offensive group for the Eagles, not many freshman will see substantial playing time this year with the exception of WR Jason McDonald. The 6'4 166lb receiver from Forest Park, GA signed with Southern Miss after the signing period concluded. Apparently there were some issues with his clearinghouse situation, but it was all okay ed by The NCAA president and McDonald joined the Eagles and quickly jumped into the starting lineup. His production has been limited due to other teams doubling him, but look for him to have that break out game and wow the nation.

4. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Good post brother, I will post some of my Freshman Tonight

5. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

The Army has no Freshman (True or RS) that will see significant playing time this season. Most of the newly recruited Black Knights have been redshirted on the season to blossom into players with greater respect and awareness of the gridiron. Next year, the rise of the Freshman QB will become well known in SH Nation!

6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Hawaii has zero players due to the lack of recruiting by CPU. Next year is looking bright for the Warriors with 5 commits already. Two of which could start.

7. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I don't have any real young guys starting this year. Hopefully, I will be able to bring in some talent in the next two years that is if I stay at Syracuse.

8. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Marshall Starting Freshman

Will Clark MLB (5'11" 226)​

[​IMG]

Stats thus far in the season for Clark: 5 assisted tackles, 1 TFL, 1 pass Deflection​

Clark came to Marshall as a 3 star recruit and found his way into the starting lineup out of necessity. He is the only true MLB on the roster.​

Noah Sutton K/P (6'0" 198)​

[​IMG]

Sutton signed on for double duty for the Herd and is handling both kicking and punting. Thus far this season he is 3 for 4 in FG attempts with a long of 31 and is averaging 39.3 per punt.​

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

:4stars: WR Matt Edmonds - Signed with Ohio and was immediately thrust into the #1 WR spot. He's played well with 7 receptions and 111 yards in 2 games. Still waiting for his 1st collegiate TD.

:4stars: DE Pete Davis - Another true freshman that walked onto campus a starter. 5 tackles are all he has to show on the stat sheet. Expectations will rise once we hit conference play.

:3stars: OLB Sean Henry - 2nd string at OLB with 1 tackle.

:1stars: P Justin Robinson - Has performed well with a 39.7 average on 7 punts.

10. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Damn radio, Loading up on the 4 stars

I can hardly get the 3 star guys to look my way

11. onaradio34

Ohio has some surprisingly good pitches. B Academics, B+ Campus Lifestyle, B+ Coach Loyalty, A+ Program Stability. Sticking with the high rated Ohio kids gives me A Playing Time and A+ Proximity as well. Pretty fired up about the possibility of turning the Bobcats into the class of the MAC.

12. onaradio34

Update.

Matt Edmonds has been the victim of shoddy QB play and terrible o-line protection. Through 7 games he has 21 catches for 327 yards but caught his 1st TD in OHIO'S upset of Wake.

Pete Davis is still learning how to play at this level. He has 18 tackles, 3 TFL and a sack.

Sean Henry is earning his stripes on special teams. 5 total tackles so far.

Justin Robinson has been a gem. The former 1* has upped his average to 41.9 and added some hang time contributing to a 37.6 net average.