Archived 2012 Impact Freshmen

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maximus21, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

[​IMG]
    #1 FB Travis Burke (67) - Mediocre run blocker, but HBs Onterrio McCalebb and Jonathan Dyer don't need more than a crease to find success. Keep him on the sideline during pass plays.​
    #3 CB James Thomas (75) - 6'2" CBs don't just grow on trees and Thomas has a chance to be special. He boasts mid 80's coverage ratings in all 3 phases as well as 87 PRC. He needs to work on his hands though (54 CTH).​
    #1 K Marcus Stevens (65) - He has 75 KPW and 56 KAC so look for the Tigers to go for it on 4th down more often than not. Also, be on the lookout for a new kicker in 2013.​
    [​IMG]
    #1 RE Martin Pace (74) - He comes in at 6'6" 257 lbs, which is impressive in this scouts eyes. Pace has a lot of areas to improve on, but he is working with a good base of skills. He has 86 ACC, 82 PMV and 82 BSH.​
    #1 FS Lee Ramsey (65) - Ramsey is starting out of necessity not because of his skill set. However, I will tell you first hand that he can be an annoying presence in the hands of Coach Gabeastmode.​
    [​IMG]
    #2 DT Sidney Palmer (76) FR(RS) - Starting as a freshman is always impressive, but I see a very bright future for Palmer. He comes in at 6'0" 289 lbs, and will likely grow into a force in the ACC. As for now, he will make use of his 82 PUR, 82 PRC, and 82 PMV to make plays in the backfield.​
    [​IMG]
    #1 TE Marcus Hill (84) - Landing the #1 recruit in the nation has been a coup for the Gators. Hill represents the ideal TE. He is 6'6" 247 lbs with 81 SPD and 83 ACC. He is a willing blocker with great receiving skills for a player his age. He has 83 CTH, 81 SPC, 90 CIT, and 82 RTR. If that wasn't enough, he also has 89 BTK and 92 TRK. Good luck to any Chaos foes looking to stop this beast.​
    [​IMG]
    #1 RT Dennis Pickens (83) - Pickens will be a monster on the outside running game. He has 99 ACC, 62 SPD, and 65 AGI. He combines that athletic ability with 85 STR. He is in the 80's in the important blocking ratings and his best ability is his 86 PBF, clearly important when trying to stop the pass rushing LE's of the NCAA.​
    #1 HB Anthony Lewis (72) - Unexpected departures have left the Seminoles with a hole in the backfield. Lewis has one great attribute which is his 99 SPD. Due to that he commands attention even if FSU doesn't run much. He can't be left alone in space.​
    [​IMG]
    #1 SS Joel Porter (69) FR(RS) - We all know that the Illini have had a tough time on the recruiting trail, but at least Porter isn't an awfule starter to have. He has 83 SPD, 90 ACC and 81 ZCV.​
    #1 K Quinn Ball (42), #1 P Josh Gibson (57) - Part of the 2012 walk on class. Coach NDColts will replace these 2 the first chance he gets.​
    [​IMG]
    #1 QB Adam Fitzpatrick (84) JUCO - SO - 88 SPD, 88 ACC, 88 AGI, 81 BTK, 80 ELU and 87 JMV make Fitzy a dynamic runner. He is no slouch as a passer, as he has 88 THP and 87 THA. He is just getting acclimated to the NCAA level right now, but look for big things in future seasons.​
    #1 ROLB Matt Davis (86) - Davis already is the best cover LB on the Tigers, with 84 MCV and 86 ZCV. He needs to work on his pass rushing moves, but he is fast enough to make an impact right now (87 SPD, 94 ACC).​
    #2 HB/#1 KR/PR Justin Miller (87) FR(RS) - Miller is the perfect shifty speed back. He has 97 SPD, 99 ACC, 94 AGI, 98 ELU, 92 SPM, 92 JMV, 83 BTK, and 68 CTH. I can't really ask for more than that out of 5'6" 181 lb HB. His biggest weakness is 68 CAR, which could be an issue if it doesn't improve.​
    [​IMG]
    #4 CB Corey Gibson (77) - A 6'3" 199 lb corner with 93 SPD and 95 ACC is very impressive. He should make a ton of big plays in his career, due to his 76 CTH, 82 TKL, 79 HPW, and 87 PUR. He is no slouch in coverage either, with 80 MCV and 83 ZCV.​
    [​IMG]
    #1 RT Scott Irby (82) - Irby boasts 87 PBS and 87 PBF, making him a perfect fit for Notre Dame's pass-heavy scheme. He could grow into a blind side tackle by the end of his career and could find himself in the NFL one day.​
    [​IMG]
    #1 QB Byron Dawson (85) - Dawson is another dual threat QB with dazzling running skills (89 SPD, 90 ACC, 81 AGI, 82 BTK, 85 ELU). He has a strong arm (91 THP), but he has a real weakness with accuracy (79 THA). That could pose problems early in his career, but once that improves look for the Buckeyes to be National Title contenders once more.​
    #2 CB/SS Jeremy Noble (82/81) - The Buckeye coaching staff was so awed by Noble's ability they tried moving him to SS in the off-season. JR(RS) Jamie Wood eventually took over that position after the staff decided to stick Noble and his 97 SPD, 95 MCV and 85 ZCV as their #2 CB. That is a great combination as a freshman, so look for the 6'0" 180 lb product of Deltona, FL to be a dominant player for years to come.​
    [​IMG]
    After the flood of talent from the class of 2011, no starting spots were available to the class of 2012. The biggest impact will come in the HB rotation.​
    #2 HB Roger Clark (84) - Clark is not flashy but he is very good in almost every aspect of playing running back. He will take care of the ball and can beat defenses in myriad ways. He will make an impact in the passing game with 68 CTH and 75 SPC.​
    #3 HB Jordan Rooney (83) JUCO - JR - Rooney won't see too much playing time as the #3 guy behind D.J. Morgan and Clark, but he should make the most of his opportunities. He has 90 BTK, 90 ELU, 94 SPM, and 94 JMV, along with 93 ACC.​
    [​IMG]
    #1 RT Tim Lowe (80) - Lowe comes in at 6'8" 283 lbs, which actually makes him a skinny lineman in my opinion. He is a bull in the running game, with 83 RBF and 88 RBS, which fits right in with the Hokies culture. He will be an asset on outside runs with his 72 SPD and 98 ACC. He needs work on pass blocking, but Jvig will coach him up on that.​
    #1 SS Nick Rivas (82) - Rivas will be a big play machine for the Hokies. He has 90 SPD, 86 ACC,74 CTH, 85 TKL and 80 HPW to go along with 83 MCV, 86 ZCV, and 81 PRS.​

2. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Excellent post Maximo!

I'm hatin on LSU... I was recruiting hard for that QB

3. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Awesome stuff man, and yeah Palmer is doing okay for me on the d-line thus far.

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Nice job MaximusPrime... just one question about this guy:

#1 ROLB Matt Davis (86) - Davis already is the best cover LB on the Tigers, with 84 MCV and 86 ZCV. He needs to work on his pass rushing moves, but he is fast enough to make an impact right now (87 SPD, 94 ACC).

Where the hell did you find this dude? Is he a a true frosh? Amazing...

5. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Nope, he's a true freshman. I remembered this guy from doing a report about him.

[​IMG]

Very impressive indeed. Good stuff once again Maximus.

6. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nice write up! My freshman RB, Anthony Lewis, got hurt in the very first game. Out 8 weeks, LOL! (broken ribs)

7. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

nice right up maximus...Noble was only a four star recruit too

8. Maximus21

Thanks for the praise guys. Davis was the #2 OLB in last year's class. I wish I had Noble, could always use a guy with 95 MCV.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Man, I just read this again... I don't know how I overlooked Bits' TE... WTF?! That kid is a monster!! All you dudes have monsters, its around that time for Michigan to get it going again in the recruiting department:)

10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Man you gotta pay attention to these players stats, forget ratings lol. Its easy to overlook players when you are recruiting. I for one check out players stats before I put them on my revruting Board. I wanted that LB Max got a long time ago. It was the second LB he got that I wanted. I saw Bits TE Hill last year (the #1 recruit). I was second on his list but I didnt recruit him because in the year before I got an Uber TE myself. Check out McGEE's stats. Where Bits TE will run through you..Mine will jump over you...lol McGee is a Sophmore with a catch rating 89 and SPC 89

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

My freshman saftey I can't comment on but he's hanging in there lol

12. Maximus21

McGee is very impressive and he even manages to be an inch taller than Hill.