1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

2012 Kansas City Royals

Discussion in 'Team News' started by Dan Heckelbeck, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Dan Heckelbeck

Dan Heckelbeck Walk On

[​IMG]

2. Dan Heckelbeck

Dan Heckelbeck Walk On

Royals sign Eric Hosmer for 2013 - $5.3 million
    http://traditionsportsonline.com/tso-ootp/reports/html/players/player_23059.html

snipits from the interview:
    Kansas City Star (KCS): What does this mean for the team in the long run?
    GM Heckelbeck (GMH): Well it means, for 2013, we have the guy we want at first base.
    KCS: Why only the one year?
    GMH: Because these guys have agents, and maybe they are waiting to see what kind of year he has in 2013.
    KCS: So there was talk of multiple years?
    GMH: Absolutely! This is our future. We want Hos (Eric Hosmer) to be around for a long long time. That's why we signed him out of high school. He is our future.
    KCS: Can you say what the offer was, that was declined?
    GMH: I don't want to say the dollars involved, but the offer was for 5 years.
    KCS: Do you think he is playing for a new contract next year and wants to see what free agency can bring?
    GMH: I'm not sure, but I know we will do whatever it takes to keep him here in Kansas City. We have a good thing going here, and Hos is a part of that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dan Heckelbeck

Dan Heckelbeck Walk On

4. Dan Heckelbeck

Dan Heckelbeck Walk On

5. Dan Heckelbeck

Dan Heckelbeck Walk On

News Alert: GM Dan Heckelbeck has been said to be linked to dating Olympian Nastia Liukin.... more on this story at 10