2012 league Of Champions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bringbackjimmy, Jun 9, 2011.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

What do you guys want to do with 12? lests get some talking going on so we are setup when rosters are done..

I don't care whether we do coaching Carousel or not as were doing it in the deuce. If we decide to do CC we need to decide whether we want to go into feeder conf or coach where dice take you. maximizing with powerhouses or mid-major or middle of the conferences teams. I know Dirty loves his sooners and i would like to get to the ducks, but again i am fine with what you guys want.

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

@Cheez
    @BRUCE80
    @DirtycashDylan
    @Hokie Effect
    @HotRod
    @Mogriffjr

I'm pretty flexible with teams and setup. I don't mind doing a CC Dynasty, but I'd prefer not too. If we did do a CC I see myself sticking with the same team throughout. I would really love to play with Florida State as I don't think I can use them in my other 2 dynasties.

But I guess the questions are
    CC or not?
    BCS Conference or mid-major?
    Should we limit conferences and limit geographically?
    How many conferences?
    Allow 6-star prestige schools?
    Slightly change custom Conferences?

Some ideas I have:
    3 of these: ACC/SEC/Big10/Pac-12 (Conferences with championship games) and 2 teams in each division
    CUSA/Sun Belt
    Big East/Big10
    Big10/Big12
    WAC/MWC
    2 teams in each of the BCS conferences
    Open Team Selection
    Coaching carousel where we al start at same level (1*,2*,etc.)
    Coaching Carousel where everyone must stay in a geographical region (say west of the Mississippi or in the southeast or in the midwest)

Not trying to be pushy, just want to throw out some ideas and get some discussion going.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I would prefer to stay away from the CC in this one, COC is doing that with rebuilder schools I think.

I would like to have this league be a pick your team, big time programs and big time games going after the best recruits against each other if possible.

Sooo BCS conferences, big time programs, 2 or 3 conferences so everyone can get a nice school, no changes to the conferences.

I would say BIG 12, SEC, ACC or PAC 12 maybe even go four conferences 3 in each.

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Lets get some talking going guys....

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Big time is good for me, i wanted CC :(...I'm pretty flexible here guys, so let's go!

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I would like to stay away from CC as well. As far as setup, I am not too picky, as long as we have plenty of user games.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Here is what I am thinking guys:

2 conferences Pac 12 and new big 12
    All American
    some ideas maybe make it super leagues that were talked about since we can add teams without moving teams..
    thinking about putting on CC so players that do poorly get the AX and have to build themselves back up....

lets get some talking going on so we can start talking team selection...

BRUCE80
    Hokie Effect
    DirtycashDylan
    HotRod
    Mogriffjr

9. Hokie Effect

First do we have 12 yet? I am not too picky on the setup, but I would want a mid to top tier team. No rebuilding jobs here...

10. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I'm open to anything that the majority decides. Only thing I'm not into is the small schools.

11. BRUCE80

I think three conferences would be awesome and we could base them on a random team selection from our draft.

So pick one takes FSU that means the ACC is one of the conferences, pick two takes USC then its the pac 12 as the second..Bama goes third and thats SEC... then the rest of the draft plays out in those three leagues.

Every league should have a conference title game also.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

not yet i have so flyers out to some people though...

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

you don't think the 3 conf setup waters down the user games? Both the deuce and the LOC last yr had to make the switch to 2 conf midway to keep everyone into it..not saying it doesn't work, but thats just my observation..

14. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I'm down for whatever but I really would like to keep OU in here. I want to play in a league with my favorite team and I'd like this league to be it.

15. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

If CC is used and a coach is fired is he exiled to his new job in a conf by himself, or is his new weaker team imported into the 2 power conf's to continue his abuse. LOL Just curious...

16. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

My personal opinion is that if 5 star teams are used, everyone has a talented team; but still has the ability to move up or down depending on their performance. Like someone mentioned early, if you use 2 conferences with power team that's GREAT for user games and competition; just understand someone WILL be getting fired. As long as everyone can handle that everything should be cool. I actually like that, because IMO nothing is more frustrating then a guy with OSU, getting beatdown for 3 seasons but still #1 in recruiting and remaining a 6 star when in real life he would have been fired ASAP. (That happened in one of my OD last year thats why I like the CC with powerhouse teams)

17. BRUCE80

Not at all, T1 and COC used this and it worked fine. 3 conference games and one outside of conference and at times two...thats five user games...plenty imo.

18. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

I would like to play with BCS schools myself. As far as the CC, I really don't even know how that would work so I will refrain from an opinion. I think the PAC 12 looks like fun this year.

I also think 3 conference setup is the best. User games are great, but too many bog down the pace . 4 user games are enough in my opinion.

Custom conferences are fine with me. I kinda like the idea of it.

19. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

How many do we actually have?? I hope things pick up, the game comes out next week and we haven't even picked squads or clarified how the OD will be ran. Plus its like an abandon village in here. lol

20. Hokie Effect

I agree. I know this is most peoples 2nd or 3rd dynasty, but it would be nice to settle on members, setup, and pick teams....

21. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Yeah this seems to be the least active forum of any of the leagues. Let's try to get things going and decide on a format and pick teams.

22. Daley

Daley Walk On

New member very interested in joining

23. Hokie Effect

Make sure you fill out your application in the new member forum and pm bringbackjimmy with your interest. I am sure we are going to be somewhat picky when selecting our members. But if you do join best of luck....