2012 Mid Season Assessments

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Ghost, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

#42 Indiana 4-2 (2-1)

Offense:
    Offense has been up and down all year, but I think we are finally getting it together and having the balanced option offense that we want. We hit the practice field a lot this week to make sure that Tre Robertson can lead this offense the way the way we want him too.

Defense:
    Defense has been spectacular this past few weeks, even with some of those games being losses. Last Week, we had a lot of mistakes that caused MSU to convert Long passes or catch passes over multiple players. We showed up against Ohio State causing 2 turnovers and 8 sacks and I expect us to continue to dominate and lead us to a B1G Championship.
    Big Wins:
    Week 7 vs #12 Ohio State, Week 5 vs Northwestern(opening of Big Ten Play)

Tough Losses:
    Week 7 vs #7 Michigan State. Week 4 vs NC State

Big Games remaining:
    Wisconsin, Illinois, Purdue, and Penn State

Other Comments:
    I guess I'll talk about recruiting which has been going far. I have gotten every recruit I've gone for except one, but we still got someone just as good as that recruit, just a little shorter. B1G play is about to spice up between Indiana and Purdue as we are both 2-1 trailing penn state for the division lead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ghost

3. Ghost

4. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

I will in a couple days, but I do not have time right now since since I am moving, and not (as SOME might think) on vacation ;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  5. Ghost

lol thanks

6. Ghost

Corey Haggard
    Austin1990 (I know you are busy moving)
    Austin811 (gotta be more active on the forums...)
    Big Suge Knight :rolleyes:
    Fmode11 (instead of looking around for peoples cheesy stats, you could be doing this ;). leave that job to the commish, I'm sure Suge is aware of it already. )
    AgenT Smith (idk if you are just recruiting and active on forums or just recruiting)
    Burrcat2277
    tar heel
    nobolarrybird
    Kaos
    Legacy

So.. How hard is it just to answer 5 questions? It takes 10-15 minutes tops to do this. C'mon guys I've had this up for like 2 days now and no one has even done it yet or replied about why they haven't done it except austin.

7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

While I appreciate your thoughtful input ;) , I'll consider putting something together when I have time at home. The time I spend on these forums is at work while waiting for financial programs to run options on contracts.... My team blows and is in a downward spiral would pretty much sum up my squad currently. Or I'm just not good enough to beat Heisman CPU.

8. Ghost

Consider huh? doesn't matter if your team blows, It's just 5 questions to answer, I'm sure you can take 15 min out of your day to answer these.

9. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Ha, only 15 minutes you say? - I'll let Corey Haggard chime in on your game reviews mr. articulate.

10. Ghost

Lol, I can already tell what kind of member you'll turn out to be on this site. I contribute way more time to this league than you do lol, game summaries may be my weakest point, but I still try my best when it comes to content and make it fun for you NM guys.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Well like you said, it's probably better to let Big Suge Knight make mention of member activity, or lack thereof :) . Keep in mind, some members have full time jobs and families (y)

12. Ghost

Trust me, I know about the job and family thing, Let's just end this, it's your choice if you want to do this, I'm not the commish, so I can't force you. So do whatever you want man.,

13. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I've been waiting until we advance, to see where I'm ranked after my upset over #11 Nebraska. I like doing this kind of stuff, so don't worry, I will.

Ghost - Where do you find your ranking if you're not in the top 25?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Oregon State (4-3)

Offense:
    The Oregon State offense has been quite a surprise for Coach Rylander. Mannion, the QB, may be inconsistent at times but he usually gets the job done. He's thrown for 15 TDs this year but also has 15 INTs, that needs to drop a tad. Malcom Agnew and Jovan Stevenson make for a good team, Stevenson supplies the change of pace, while Agnew powers for the tough yards. The biggest surprise this year has been Senior Wide Receiver Markus Wheaton. Wheaton has 10 TDs this year and has been the go to guy for Mannion. Look for this offense to keep chugging along in its quest for a bowl bid.
    Defense:
    Oregon State's defense has left something to be desired. While they have had some success against weaker teams like Wazzu, they find ways to give up to many points to teams (See BYU game). Scott Crichton has had 9 sacks on the year and Jordan Poyer has had 4 interceptions, but that still doesnt help the fact teams are averaging over 200 yards on the ground against us. While the D has had bright spots, they need to find a way to step up fast.
    Big Wins:
    Week 5 against U of A (Conference win), Week 6 against Wazzu (Conference win), Week 8 against Utah (Conference win)

Tough Losses:
    Week 7 against BYU
    Big Games remaining:
    Washington, ASU, Stanford, Oregon, Cal (All tough games remaining)

Other Comments:
    Not much, just need to step up on defense and get that bowl bid. Recruiting has been slow, but I only need a middle linebacker and a fullback, Im not too worried about it.
    Go Beavers!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ghost

Umm oh yea, I was just snooping around on the dynasty via xbox when i was looking at my pitch ratings. I cannot remember what pitch it was but it showed I was currently ranked at 42. If I get on Xbox today, I'll look around for it and tell you.

16. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

[​IMG] 5-3 (2-2)

Offense:
    Northwestern's new head coach came to a spread offense school with a pound the rock philosophy. While this might not have been a popular choice with the many talented Wildcat wide receivers, or star QB Kain Colter, it has been reasonably successful. Treyvon Green has 710 yards on 166 carries with four touchdowns, and his backup Mike Trumpy has 327 yards on 57 carries and one score. Look for Coach Haggard's offense to improve in the coming years, as he recruits players to suit his offensive style. And don't be surprised if a couple wide receivers transfer in the offseason.

Defense:
    A clock control offense needs a good defense to be successful, and Northwestern has not had that, despite having a couple great players in Linebacker David Nwabuisi and Safety Ibraheim Campbell. "I have no explanation for our lack of defense" says Coach Haggard. "Something has to change on the field, or something will change on my coaching staff". There have been rumors of a change from 4-3 to 3-4 in the offseason.

Big Wins:
    The Wildcat's upset over #11 Nebraska stands out.

Tough Losses:
    The loss vs Penn State stung the most this season, because I really felt the Heisman difficulty. (My safeties were stutter-stepping to purposefully blow coverages, etc.) I don't mind losing my user games, so Penn State was the only tough loss.

Big Games Remaining:
    They are all big games, but we need to win our sole rivalry game vs Illinois, as winning a rivalry game is a goal on our contract. Having only one rival is the worst part of Northwestern's program. Need to win 6 games for another goal, and also to be bowl eligible. If we lose to Iowa, Michigan and MSU, but beat Illinois to go 6-6, I'll consider that a decent first season. Hopefully we can also upset one or two of those 3 tough games as well.

Other Comments:
    I haven't reached very far in recruiting, going for 3 star sure bets, but it's been going great. Haven't lost anyone I was going for, and as of this week, I have the best recruiting class of all users. (#36 - closest to me is Cal at #40.) It's still early, so we'll have to see if that holds up.

I still suck on Heisman difficulty and I still hate it, but with some slider work and possibly a tuning update to improve defensive line play, I can live with it. I just wish Heisman difficulty didn't sometimes make my defensive players blow plays. That's the part that makes me rage. A small part of me wanted to quit and sell NCAA 13 on ebay after that Penn State game. (I'm over it now.)