2012 MLS Cup Playoffs - CONFERENCE FINAL CLOSE SEPT 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Richuation, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

MLS CUP PLAYOFFS: FORMAT

WHO QUALIFIES: Ten teams, the top five in points from each conference at the end of the regular season, qualify for the 2012 MLS Cup Playoffs.

The fourth and fifth place teams in each conference will play a single knockout game, the winner of which will advance to the Conference Semifinals and face the first place team in the conference.

The four Conference Semifinals will be decided by two-game aggregate series, with the lower seed hosting the first leg and the higher seed hosting the second leg. If the aggregate score is tied after 180 minutes of play, two 15-minute extra time periods will be played in their entirety, followed by penalty kicks, if necessary.

The two Conference Championships will be decided by a two-game aggregate series, with the lower seed hosting the first leg and the higher seed hosting the second leg. If the aggregate score is tied after 180 minutes of play, two 15-minute extra time periods will be played in their entirety, followed by penalty kicks, if necessary.

MLS Cup will be a single championship match hosted by the higher seed. If the score is tied after 90 minutes of play, two 15-minute extra time periods will be played in their entirety, followed by penalty kicks, if necessary.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

PHL 1 - 0 NE

PHL

:goal: Martinez :assist: Perlaza

NE

:trophy: M. Reis

This was one hell of a match. The first 15 minutes was a defensive chess match, trying to move pieces around, controlling possession. At half there was one highlight reel plays, a reaction save my Union keeper Zac MacMath after a Fielhaber shot was redirected (barely got a paw on it). Starting off the second half, Shanen Williams made a run down his flank, cut in for an early cross to Perlaza where he was stumped on a beautiful bicycle attempt. When the Revs found space they made the most of it, and Zac MacMath decided to show up and play today. Hell of a match by both keepers. The first and only goal of the match was in the 90th minute as both teams thought extra time was necessary. Perlaza sent in an early cross to the feet on Martinez, who took one touch to the right of the penalty spot and slotted it far post past Matt Reis.

The might mighty Union move on in the MLS Cup action, seeking vindication against a very solid DC United squad.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

This was a hell of a match... and I was looking toward extra time when you got me in the 90th. Well played... a real battle.

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Welcome to the MLS Cup Playoffs...

A few items of note:

Injuries - All non-season ending injuries are healed. Please use all players not on SEASON ENDING injuries. Also, For the playoffs, injuries will not be tracked. If people get injured, then that impacts that single game itself, no carry over.

Game invites

Continue to use online friendlies as the game invite. If you are tied after the home and home, play one more match AS A CUSTOM MATCH with 3 minute halves and if still tied, penalties.

CONFERENCE SEMI FINAL CUTOFF - MONDAY SEPTEMBER 3rd

This includes the Western Conference 4/5 play in game. If the games are not completed in time, both teams involved will be eliminated from playoff, no exceptions.

AJ Hart MN
    Michael Woodward
    hedache
    Jon MK
    alphabets13
    CalebMackie
    KnightNoles
    Virulentmeteor5
    Selvy9

Season Ending Injuries:
    FW Espindola Real Salt Lake
    MF Davis Houston Dynamo
    FW Wondolowski San Jose Earthquakes
    DF Collin Sporting Kansas City
    MF Convey Sporting Kansas City
    MF Friedich Chicago
    FW Mattocks Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    MF Morales Real Salt Lake
    FW Renteria Columbus
    FW Cummings Colorado

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  5. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Virulentmeteor5
    I'm free today and tomorrow all day and then any time after 9ish central.

6. hedache

hedache Walk On

Michael Woodward
    I will be available to play starting around 6PM EST. If my hockey game doesn't get cancelled due to the storm, I'll have to leave for that around 7:30 but I can play later in the evening again.

7. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

I can't find the schedule!

8. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

it's in the table at the top of the page, under the standings.

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Chivas @ San Jose - Play as a custom match... with extra time and penalties to follow.

alphabets13
    CalebMackie

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Was Cummings a season ending injury or one that put him out for the few matches that I had remaining?

11. CalebMackie

12. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

FW Espindola Real Salt Lake
    MF Davis Houston Dynamo
    FW Wondolowski San Jose Earthquakes
    DF Collin Sporting Kansas City
    MF Convey Sporting Kansas City
    MF Friedich Chicago
    FW Mattocks Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    MF Morales Real Salt Lake
    FW Renteria Columbus
    FW Cummings Colorado

13. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Injuries posted.

14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Dammit, I'm the only team with two season ending injuries and to two of my best players....that suuuuccckkss....... hedache , we can play a bit later. I am just now seeing this.

15. CalebMackie

16. Virulentmeteor5

Virulentmeteor5 Walk On

Whitecaps 2-2 Galaxy

Whitecaps:
    :goal:Hassli (36) (56)
    :yellowcard: Camilo
    :trophy: Hassli

Galaxy:
    :goal: Keane (52)
    :goal: Buddle (85)

Good game Selvy9, if it wasn't for a bit of luck and good pressuring by Buddle you would have won this game.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  17. hedache

hedache Walk On

I see that you're in a game. What fun is it to be up 42-0. I suppose that game has another 20 mins or so left. So I'm not sure if I'll stick around that long for MLS even if you'd be up for it.

18. Virulentmeteor5

Virulentmeteor5 Walk On

Galaxy 1-0 Whitecaps

The only score was from Donovan on a PK.
    Good game Selvy9, that was tough to win with all the pressure you put on my defense at the end.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

I can't believe I'm out because of a stupid fucking virtual reality own goal and a phantom penalty. Game 1 the balls rolling towards my keeper, I'm holding Y so he comes out to claim it, except my defender gets there first and sicne I'm holding Y he tries to blast it up field, except it hits Buddle and ricochets in for the equalizer. Game 2 the only goal comes from a penalty call I still don't know what from. Donovan and Rochet were fighting for a ball breaking towards goal, Donovan wins it, gets a shot off, keeper saves, and here comes the ref pointing to the spot. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. That said, Hassli had a couple chances he should have buried but just put wide, but still. FUCK!!!!!

Great tight games though Virulentmeteor5, and good luck in the semis going forward man. As reluctant as I was to go with this manual league, this turned into one of my favorite leagues I'm in period. I hope some form of MLS keeps going with FIFA 13. Playing the TFL with a bunch of 4.5 and 5 star teams doesn't really do it for me, but this was a shit load of fun. See ya'll in a month.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Games over

21. alphabets13

alphabets13 Walk On

im good pretty much any night this week bud.

22. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

3 days to go...

are we going to get any more results?

23. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

I'd be happy to have a rematch with LA in the western finals ;)

24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Colorado awaits

25. hedache

hedache Walk On

I will try to catch Michael between his NCAA games sometime tonight between all the soccer I would like to watch. I am not counting on it much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.