2012 Mock Draft 1.0

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Ryty, Sep 30, 2011.

?

How will be the first pick of the draft?

1. Mike Crawford

55.6%
  2. Jacorie Joplin

11.1%
  3. Marshyl McKenzie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jeremy Riggs

22.2%
  5. Marcques Dawson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

11.1%
  1. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

[​IMG]

Logic

The Bills need help everywhere and Coach Mike loves defense. I think he goes with the sure thing in Crawford or looks to trade down.

[​IMG]

Logic

With Suh and Fairley in the middle of that Lion D-line, a player like Joplin could take the Lions D to another level. I love Joplin's speed and tackling ability. I think this is an easy pick for Coach Wings.

[​IMG]

Logic

Alex Smith is the 49ers QB - NEXT.

[​IMG]

Logic

The Seahawks currently have one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Plus, they lack playmakers on both sides of the ball. Dawson helps with both issues.

[​IMG]

Logic

With Riggs off the board, the Skins may look towards the most dynamic player in the draft in Barksdale. Barks has sub 4.3 speed and runs very good routes. Plus, he has the ability to return kicks and punts. If the Skins don't reach on a QB here, I think Barksdale is the man.

[​IMG]

Logic

A player of McKenzie's talent would be a steal at 6. However, will he fit into the Patriots 3-4 scheme? He played in a 4-3 in college. Nevertheless, he is by far the best pass rusher in this draft. I see a move to a 3-4 OLB in McKenzie's future.

[​IMG]

Logic

AP wants O-line help. Coach CA loves AP. Coach CA drafts O-line. I think the pick here is Bucher. The dude is a mauler and best tackle in the draft. Pretty easy pick to me.....

[​IMG]

Logic

The Chargers really need help on the right side of the offensive line and they are the 3rd worst rushing team in HK. Walker is the best run blocking lineman in this draft and is an adequate pass blocker.

[​IMG]

Logic

The question for the Saints is if they will keep their 1st round pick. Coach BK has been dangling this pick to multiple teams including the Browns, Bears and Ravens. If BK stays here, expect him to improve the O-line to protect Drew Brees.

[​IMG]

Logic

The Panthers will have a tough choice to make here. Do they work to improve their below average defense or do they get Cam Newton a weapon such as WR Dejoshua Marshall? I think they look to improve the defense with the best corner in the draft. Franklin is a physical player with tremendous man coverage and tackling skills. Though he has decent speed, it may worry a few GM's.

[​IMG]

Logic

The Browns need playmakers. Marshall is that. Easy pick.....

[​IMG]

Logic

This is a tough one for me. Much of what Coach Bob does with this pick will depend on what he does to mitigate his salary cap situation. With that in mind, I think Bob goes O-line. With Eric Winston as the right tackle, Strong would complete one of the best tackle tandems in the league.

[​IMG]

Logic

With Ngata and Cody anchoring the Ravens D-line, OJ Morgan and his incredible strength and power pash rushing ability could solidify that Ravens D-line for years to come. If Morgan isn't the pick here, I could see the Ravens looking at OLB Cooper or TE Hoppes.

[​IMG]

Logic

With a severe talent deficiency at LB, I think the Jags look to add the best linebacker available at this point. Cooper is one of the hardest hitters in this draft and has a very high IQ for the position.

[​IMG]

Logic

Kyle Orton is a free agent and the Broncos only have one other QB on their roster - Tim Tebow. This has to be a QB.

[​IMG]

Logic

Hoppes would provide another weapon for Mike Vick and would be a steal this late in the draft. Honestly, I could see another team trading up to get Hoppes before 16.

[​IMG]

Logic

I think Diddy looks to trade up for one of the better LB's or Hoppes. If he stays with this pick, he goes with the best player available which is Boyd. He could look to trade either Kerry Rhodes or Adrian Wilson or start Boyd at CB.

[​IMG]

Logic

Protecting Aaron Rodgers will be a huge offseason priority for the Packers. Green is the best guard available in this spot.

[​IMG]

Logic

This is an easy pick of the Colts. They are in dire need for a running back. With Freeman, they get the best RB on the board. With Freeman's 4'3 speed good size, and tackle breaking ability. I could see another team jumping up to get Freeman if he is still available at this point. In most other drafts, a player with Freeman's skills would be a top 5 pick. Unfortunately for him, this draft doesn't have teams at the top of the board that need running backs.

[​IMG]

Logic

The Chiefs need a good linebacker to go with Hali. Hall qualifies. Another easy pick for one of the worst defensive teams in the game.

[​IMG]

Logic

Mingley would be a nice addition to the tough Jet D. He has very good speed and has the most hit power in this draft - perfect for Coach BG and his defensive scheme.

[​IMG]

Logic

Casey Hampton is getting towards the end of his career. Manning would be the perfect replacement in a Steelers 3-4 defense the relies heavily on the DT to clog up the middle to free those linebackers.

[​IMG]

Logic

Washington and his coverage skills would be perfect for the young Tampa D that has CB Aqib Talib and 67 year old CB Ronde Barber. Washington would most likely start immediately for the Bucs.

[​IMG]

Logic

Is Coach Drunken satisfied with Jason Campbell at QB? If not, Boone is a strong pick here. He reminds many of a young Drew Brees.

[​IMG]

Logic

Nobody cares what the Giants are going to do. Nevertheless, their current center is Jake Grove and they don't have a left tackle. Coach Cimmy has to go O-line here.

[​IMG]

Logic

I could see coach Zik being tempted to take a WR here. However, with really no free safety on the roster, Aaron is a must get. He has very good coverage skills, good speed and pursues like no other defensive back in this draft.

[​IMG]

Logic

Titans look to continue to improve that young defense. Haynes will be a beast in the middle for years to come.

[​IMG]

Logic

Coach Cade was looking hard at trading for a linebacker in the preseason. AJ Dansby would give him the linebacker that he wanted. Dansby has great speed for a linebacker and is the best LB at block shedding in this draft.

[​IMG]

Logic

The Falcons have one solid DT on their roster in Jonathan Babineaux. Houston would give them two. He is the perfect 4-3 DT with decent speed and acceleration along with a good ability to shed blocks.

[​IMG]

Logic

With Tim Jennings being a FA, I look for Coach MG to go CB here. Lawson has above average coverage skills, a 43 inch vertical, and 4.4 speed. He would start immediately for the Bears.

[​IMG]

Logic

Spencer would be the perfect fit for a team trying to improve their secondary. He has tremendous speed and athletic ability along with the ability to hit you. He also has the ability to cover.

[​IMG]

Logic

With the ridiculous linebackers in Cincy, I look for Coach Frisk to look at continuing to improve his defensive line. Spencer and his tremendous strength and tackling ability make him perfect for the 3-4. Of course, early speculation has coach Frisk looking to move up in the draft.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I love it. Excellent job RY!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Thanks. I'm not sure i have your pick right. I'm really starting to lean towards a wide receiver for you.

4. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I won't be taking a WR. That's a guarantee. Too many holes in the secondary for me to go offense in the 1st.

5. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

That is exactly what a good GM would say if they were going to take a receiver.... :)

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Great job Ry!

7. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I can neither agree with or deny that statement at this period of time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Good job Ryty!

9. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Fantastic bro

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great stuff RY!

11. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    great, great, great job ry! I like Fitzpatrick and I think Coach H22 does too...a difference maker at the other OLB spot would be HUGE for that defense.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Honestly, a player that could rise very quickly is HB Sterlin Freeman. The guy has size, speed, agility and tackle breaking ability. Could Mike go that route?

13. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Awsome stuff ry... one problem i will get the 32nd pick in the 1st rd.

• Like Like x 3
  14. zf10

zf10 Walk On

I love the logic ry..... spot on

15. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Bahahahahahahahahah. Thanks for the laugh cade

• Like Like x 1