1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

2012 Nat'l Championship

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Drifterbub, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    2012 Nat'l Championship

Iowa 20, Illinois 33

I did what I could, but Illinois is just too strong and fast. My defense was occupied the entire game with containment. Didn't tackle exceptionaly well and Atkins just watched a screen pass go right over his shoulder instead of grabbing it for six. True frosh WR C. Davis PS #7 was the only bright spot on an offensive unit that was simply chained all game.

Illinois wins three straight, and there wasn't much I could do about it.

2. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

Well, there is SOMETHING you can do about it. I believe there is a coaching vacancy at Indiana that Lawdog would fill nicely.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think me getting beat by Indiana would suck even more...

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

congrats LawDog... hell of a feat...

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I'll be the first to admit that the last two should have some form of an asterick.

JR has gone undefeated the last two years, and though he has 2 BIG XII titles to show for it, he should have been given a shot to play for the national title both of those years.

As for the first title, I think I beat JR that year, so Im going to claim that one to myself.

The best part about this past year is that I could have lost three games to Mutt/Flo/BBJ.

Mutt wins if he converts a 3rd and 4. Flo probably wins if he doesn't throw a pick 6 right before the half, and BBJ beats me if his WR catches the ball.

The difference between 13-0 and 10-3 was one or two plays.

Im looking forward to this season though, Burke is a Senior so is Smart and I expect them to have big years. Hopefully my QB can stay healthy, but right now I really like the look of my team. I lost 6 starters from last year's team and am going for an unprecedented 4th title.