2012 NBA Playoffs Central Discussion

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by makinpropel, Apr 3, 2012.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

We can put summaries and talk about the playoffs in this thread, that way we have a central place for scores rather than in different threads.

Also we can post when games sim and such.

Nice first win Bucs

2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Detroit takes 2-0 lead

Boston 88
    Detroit 99

Greg Monroe was the one to impose his will this game and he finished with 29 points. It wasnt an easy victory though. The 1st quarter was all Boston essentially as Rondo was knocking down shot after shot and it appeared the strategy of leaving him open was over. We stuck with it though and it averaged out. Him and Gordon both finished with 20 points each. Pierce threw in another 14. Big 2nd and 3rd quarters gave detroit the victory though. Ben Gordon made a ton of baskets for us coming off screens as well as in transition. Maxiell contributed 16 and Knight continued to make defensive help is priority but still contributed 14 and 9 assists despite some foul trouble. Now Detroit heads on the road to Boston to try to sneak a game or two and close out the series.

3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Game 1

OKC - 96
    PHX - 69

Phoenix came into game one trying to steal the momentum from the OKC crowd and actually did a great job of quieting them down by taking a 1 point lead at the half, thanks to Marcin Gortat and the hot shooting Michael Redd. In the 2nd period however, the defense of the Thunder locked down and the offense took off. By the time the quarter was over the Thunder held a 58-38 lead. It was a lead that they would never relinquish. Kevin Durant led the way scoring 33 points before sitting out the final frame and Russell Westbrook went for 24 points.

The story of the game was the cold shooting of Danny Granger. Granger, you may remember, hit a 3 pointer at the buzzer in a game in January that gave the Suns a huge win over the Thunder. That win was enough to put the Suns in the Playoffs. Granger shot only 4-19 for the game tonight.

gg BDSDIGITAL

4. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Game 1
    Minnesota 105
    Dallas 103

Almost an epic ending. With about 35 seconds left I have to start fouling. In a span of 35 seconds I nailed three 3s and a 2 while makinpropel missed a couple free throws. The last score I can recall is 104-100. I turned the ball over trying to roll the ball inbounds. He made a free throw then missed another putting him up 105-100. I inbound the ball and nail a 3 to make it 105-103. With no timeout Minnesota scrambled to get in in and threw it away. I called a timeout with about 4.5 seconds left. I get it into Dirk at the top of the key and try to get down low. I eventually fade away and shoot it from behind the backboard and it bounces off the top and misses lol. Kevin Love was a monster, 35 points on 11/19 shooting with five 3s. We both shot over 50%, but I don't know how the hell I did. I probably had 20 points that beat the buzzer of the shot clock. He had my offense scrambling and in turn I forced a lot of crap with Dirk.

5. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

6. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Crazy, stupid, insane finish to Game 1 in Chi-town. I'll write it up when Game 2 finishes.

7. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Game 2 of Dallas v. Minnesota got disconnected. Looks like his internet went out. Gave Dallas the win 118-86.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  8. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Gosh dangit. It is crazy around here, and all of a sudden my telephone line gets clipped. Good half.

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Bulls 115
    Wizards 92

A crazy first quarter really set the stage for this one. We were able to play some good D and get out in transition, and shoot somewhere around 80% for the quarter, that ended in a 40-17 score in our favor. With 3 starters in early foul trouble, the Wiz just struggled to comeback from there, and we continued to be efficient. Rose had 26 of his 32 in the first half, and played limited minutes in the 2nd half but was struggling from the field anyway. The Wiz looked to be mounting a comeback in the 4th, behind 6 straight 3's from Belinelli, Mack, and Maynor I believe. They were able to cut it to 16 after being down by as much as 34, but they eventually cooled off. Gibson finshed with 13 and 16, and may have earned himself some more playing time in the next few games... 1-1 series heading to Washington with John Wall coming back. Going to be interesting!

10. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Game 1

Washington 103
    Chicago 102

Washington was down 5 with 30 seconds left to go in regulation. They inexplicably ended up going on an 8-2 run in those 30 seconds to steal Game 1 away from Chicago. If Washington goes on to make something happen in these playoffs, this game will be looked back at as the reason why. After a Wizards rebound on a missed FT while they were down 5, Flip Saunders called timeout and drew up an iso play for Nick Young. While he didn't hit the shot, he did get fouled and he was able to make both FTs to make it a 3 point game with 20 seconds to go. Instead of immediately fouling, the Wizards decided they would be best served to double Rose hard and try for the steal or to force the ball out of his hands. That risky strategy led to a Maynor steal and a transition 3 to tie the game up at 100 a piece with 8 seconds to go. Then DRose just went to work, taking the inbounds and just owning Maynor off the bounce, to score an easy layup with 3 seconds left to make it 102-100 Bulls. The Wizards then called their last timeout to put in all their 3 point shooters and the message was clear... they were planning to go for the win. Off the inbounds, McGee found Marco Belinelli for the elbow 3 which rimmed out... but the big challenge from Rip Hamilton was whistled and Belinelli was went to the line to shoot 3 with 2 seconds left. He calmly drilled all 3 and the halfcourt heave from Rose clanged off the iron for the John Wall-less Wizards to steal Game 1 from the Bulls.

Washington stats:
    Nick Young- 29 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists
    Rashard Lewis- 16 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists
    Marco Belinelli- 15 points
    Shelvin Mack- 13 points, 8 assists
    Eric Maynor-11 points, 3 assists, 2 steals

Chicago stats:
    Derrick Rose- 35 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks
    Rip Hamilton- 22 points, 3 steals
    Roy Hibbert- 13 points, 7 rebounds
    Luol Deng- 11 points, 6 rebounds

11. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

It's cool. Do we just play on or what? Whatever we do I am free whenever tomorrow.

12. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Dayum. That didn't take long. bringbackjimmy is already in the second round with a 4-1 series win over the Lakers.

13. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Western Conference Playoffs Round 1 - #3 Golden State v #6 Clippers

Game 1: 100-93
    This game was closer than it may appear. The Clippers got off to a fast start but Golden State fought back and managed to take the lead, it would be the first of many lead changes as the score went back and forth well into the 4th quarter when the Clippers were finally able to get a double digit cushion and just played safe with the ball until the end of the game. This was the first game instituting Coach Matrix's new defensive scheme after complaints to the league office about his swat happy playstyle. Matrix will no longer be holding the PGs hand for a majority of the game and will instead play under the hoop with the center. The new strategy paid off as CP3 still managed to turn the ball over at his godly rate but the increased awareness under the basket led to an increase in rebounds which helped secure the lead late in the game.

Curry, Ellis, and Maggette all proved to be difficult to cover and each scored over 19 points. Odom and Haywood played well under the basket particularly in rebounding the ball. For the Clippers CP3 won players of the game for his great shooting and ability to create turnovers, he scored 33 points and even went 5-8 from 3-point range. Blake Griffin was solid as always putting up 23 points and coming down with 10 rebounds.

Historically speaking, this road playoff win to start the series is a great sign for the Clippers in this series.

Game 2: 82-74
    Game 2 started off much like Game 1 with Clippers starting hot on a 10-2 run. Unlike last game they were actually able to keep the lead however. Golden State was playing terribly in front of their home crowd taking poor shots and missing too many 3's. The Clippers had a 14 point lead by the end of the 1st and even had a lead of 21 at one point. This allowed the Clippers to play their bench much more often than they normally would and even some benchwarmers saw some time which gave some critical rest to the starting 5 which will come in handy later in this series and the playoffs in general. Golden State did make a game of it late and was able to pull within single digits against the Clippers bench but LA held on to take a commanding 2-0 start.

Curry was the leading scorer for Golden State with 21 points but he only shot 35% from the field. Ellis had almost no impact in this game only scoring 8 points and going 0-6 from 3. Maggette was the only Golden Stater to shoot well but he only scored 13 points. Meanwhile, CP3 continued his great series winning player of the game again by scoring 29 in limited minutes by shooting 63% from the field including 3-5 from 3. Blake Griffin couldn't get much going in his time on the court only scoring 10 points and 3 rebounds. Randy Foye was the bench star of this game shooting 60% and scoring 14 points (2-3 from 3).

Coach Matrix never expected to start the series with 2 straight road wins and is hoping to close the series at home during the next two games.

14. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Man, I can't do shit to stop 3s from the Bulls. They're shooting (and I'm pretty sure on these numbers) 300% from 3 in the 3 close games so far.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Complete opposite of how my user games typically go... I shot 10/14 that last game. If I make 10 in a 5 game span I'm usually thrilled. Not sure what came over the guys. Although, I can't stop Wall either so it evens out lol.

16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Bulls 118
    Wizards 115

John Wall did everything he could to take his team to Chicago in a 2-2 series, but in the end the Bulls just shot too well from behind the arc. Wall split our defense with ease, as they more often than not watched him run by for an easy dunk. Derrick Rose and Rip Hamilton were able to keep up though, shooting a combined 8/12 from behind the arc and hitting some really big shots. With 28 seconds left in the 4th quarter, and the game tied up, we ran a play to get Rose a look coming off a pick and roll, but it wasn't open. The ball eventually fell to Luol Deng, who took a dribble to his left and missed a contested jumper, that was rebounded by the Wizards. After a quick TO, McGee was inbounding the ball, and threw it over an open John Wall's head and we had the ball back at half court with 2.9 seconds left. Rose would take the inbounds pass, take 2 dribbles, pull up and hit a 3 as time expired to send the Bulls back to Chicago with a 3-1 lead. Wall finished with 41 points, 9 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. Rose had 34 points, 4 boards, 14 assists and 2 steals. Hamilton and Hibbert added 23 and 18 each. Deng had 14 points, 8 boards, 7 assists, and 5 steals, and hit both of his 3 point attempts, which has been rare as of late.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Gm 1 LA Lakers @ Portland Trailblazers
    This game was all about Kobe Bryant. The Black Mamba went off for 48 points in game 1 to go along with his 7 ast and 7 reb. The Blazers really had no answer with Josh Smith having one of his worst shooting nights as a blazer. Batum was one of the few bright spots that kept the score from completely getting out of hand. Lakers take game 1 101-91

Gm 2 LA Lakers @ Portland Trailblazers
    This game was a complete disaster for the Lake show. Batum would go off for 30 1st half points on route to a blazers blowout that saw the scrubs in the game midway through the 3rd. Smoove would have a nice bounce back game with 17 pts and 7 reb. The key to this game was Batum entering the starting lineup and getting Kobe into foul trouble early and often. The Lakers showed that they are basically a one horse team and with kobe on the bench they showed they cannot keep up with a offense like the blazers. Blazers take game 2 108-89.

GM 3 Portland Trailblazers @ LA Lakers
    The Lakers were happy going back to LA with atleast 1 win and stealing home court, but their smiles turned to frowns faster than Bond could say "Dwight please Stay". This game was one of NBA's history most team dominating games. Four of the Blazers starters scored at least 20 pts. Batum may have continued leading the team in scoring, but this game was about Smoove's dominating performance. Josh Smith had 10reb, 8ast, 6stl, and 2 blks to go with his 20 pts. If the lakers fans thought game 2 was embarrassing they shouldn't of watched game 3 as the blazers jump to a 2-1 lead with a 121-85 victory.

GM 4 Portland Trailblazers @ LA Lakers
    Probably the Most exciting game of the series. The Blazers never had a huge lead, but were feeling comfortable most of the game. Josh Smith was playing great coming off his great gm3 performance getting 35 points to lead all scorers. Batum was getting points, but was also putting up alot of shots to get them. Now the biggest point of the game started with 33 seconds left the Blazers up 1 104-103 with the ball at halfcourt after a Timeout. The Blazers had Josh smith go ISO, but his shot would come up short with 12 seconds left and the lakers would get the rebound and call a TO. Coach BBJ told his team if the ball goes to Bynum to knock him on his ass. The inbound pass went to bynum to coach bbj's shock, but had some technical difficulties(hit the camera option button) and couldn't foul. Bynum would then pass to Kobe who would hit the 15 footer for the lead with 5.9 seconds left. After the TO to get the ball to half court the blazers would draw up a play for Batum. Batum inbounded the pass to arenas and get the ball back on the baseline and after a couple steps and a bump would pop up for a jumper that would bounce on the rim until time expired before falling in for the GW as the blazers take a 3-1 lead with a 106-105 victory

Gm 5 LA Lakers @ Portland Trailblazers
    The Blazers would get a fight in the 1st half, but the blazers would get that killer instinct in the 2nd half to put the Lakers out of their misery. The greatest chant would happen in tthe 2nd half pulling away when a packed rose garden started the "BEAT LA" chants. Batum solidified himself as series mvp with his 28 points to lead the blazers to a 114-104 win to take the series 4-1

Key Stats:
    Batum: 30.4 ppg
    Kobe:38 ppg
    Pau 12.2
    Lakers-kobe:58.8

• Like Like x 1
  18. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

That one hurt. Honestly, I think the biggest play of the game came before that. Roy Hibbert lost the ball while backing down, Deng dove to save it into a scrum where Boozer grabbed it... then he lost it and the ball eventually bounced out to Rose to hit the game tying 3. You just keep making the plays needed to win down the stretch, and (unsurprisingly) the Wizards are being the mental midgets they are and aren't making those plays.

19. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Eastern Conference Playoffs: Knicks vs. Raptors

Game 1

Knicks 113
    Raptors 109

New York rode monster performances by Carmelo Anthony, Baron Davis, and Iman Shumpert to a 113-109 win in Madison Square Garden. The Raptors came out on fire in the first quarter, scorching the Knicks for 35 points in the period. The Knicks made a furious run in the 2nd and took a 9 point lead into the half. Toronto's DeRozan heated back up in the 3rd and pulled Toronto back within 3 going into the 4th.

As both teams prepared for the final stanza, the Knicks staff made a bold move ripping out starter Landry Fields and giving rookie Iman Shumpert the bulk of the crunch time minutes at the SG spot. The move worked well as Shump Shump used his athleticism to match up against DeRozan defensively. Shumpert was the spark the Knicks needed, coming of the bench to score 10 and dish out 8 dimes in 17 minutes. Toronto would make it close at the end after a pair of missed free throws by STAT, but Baron Davis ripped Toronto's Jarryd Bayless as he tried to setup a play for the final shot. Melo killed off the game from the line to give the Knicks a 113-109. This series should be interesting with both teams showing the ability early on to adjust to each other on the fly. The Knicks look to hold home court with a return game at the Garden going down this evening.

Helluva game JrRawlins

20. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Dont fuck up the file again guys. I honestly cant remember what happened, but we are at that point in the season.

21. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

As long as everyone gets their games in we should be fine.

22. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

great game blaza i gotta find a way to stop Melo.... or its gonna be a quick series....

23. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't think the okc v phx series is gonna get played much. I won't be around the next Few nights and mike e is gone this weekend. So hopefully it doesn't get messed up. : /

24. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

How about you guys flip a coin. Then pick a night, go in and start the series. Whoever won the coin toss wins the series. Start a game, play and quit. Start the next, play and quit. Etc. until the series is done.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

If they play and quit how would they guarantee a certain person wins? Since they are both unavailable at certain points they should just start and quit, but no coin flip. Just hope your team wins the sims.