2012 NFL Draft - Big Board

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Ryty, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

With this first post, we will look at the top 5 prospects in the 2012 NFL Draft. Unfortunately, we are not able to edit rookies. However, like NCAA with new recruits, I still think this draft will be very interesting with the fantasy players that we have. So, here we go -
    [​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison = Demarcus Ware
    Strengths
    Speed = 4.58 speed
    Tackling = B+
    Finesse Moves = A-
    Pursuit = A
    Awareness = B
    Weaknesses
    Play Recognition = C-
    Coverage = D
    Jumping = C
    Summary

In this draft, there appears to be 3 players that will be battling to be the first pick of the draft. Right now, Crawford sits atop this list. He has tremendous speed and acceleration along with very good tackling and pursuit capabilities. Even though he is very aware of what is going on in the game, he has trouble sometimes with play-recognition. This will have to improve if Crawford is to reach his full potential. Also, he struggles mightily in pass coverage and was slightly injury prone in college. He might project to a 4-3 defensive end at the next level. Nevertheless, sky is the limit with this guy.

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison = Jon Beason

Strengths
    Speed = 4.49 Speed
    Tackling = B
    Acceleration = A
    Block Shedding = B
    Awareness = B
    Weaknesses
    Power and Finesse Moves = C-
    Man Coverage = D
    Summary

I really like this prospect. Incredible speed and acceleration for a MLB. He would be perfect in the 4-3 in a run stopping role. (Cleveland) His ability to shed blocks and strong awareness would make him a beast on 1st and 2nd down. However, his ability to cover TE's in the league may be a problem. He will have to improve with his pass coverage if he wants to be a pro-bowler in the league.

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison = Robert Mathis

Strengths
    Speed = 4.59 speed
    Finesse Moves = A-
    Pursuit = B
    Weaknesses
    Hit Power = D
    Awareness = C-
    Tackling = C
    Coverage = F
    Summary

A 260 pound end with sub 4.6 speed and tremendous finesse moves. Enough said. Will need to improve his strength. He would have to play DE in a 4-3.

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison = Jason Peters

Strengths
    Strength = B
    Pass Blocking = B
    Impact Blocking = B+
    Run Block Strength = A+
    Run Block Footwork = A
    Weaknesses
    Pass Block Footwork = C
    Awareness = C
    Summary

Overall, Bucher is still very raw with his run blocking abilities. He has tremendous run blocking strength and footwork but it doesn't seem to translate as well on film. However, the ability and potential to run block is higher than most top offensive line prospects coming out. As far as pass blocking, he was very successful with this part of his game in college but the footwork is very poor. We worry that this footwork could be a problem for him early in his career when trying to stop some of the better DE's in the game. Still, this guy could be a hall of famer.

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison = Nick Collins

Strengths
    Speed = 4.3 speed
    Agility = A
    Juke Moves = B+
    Jumping = A
    Man/Zone Coverage = B
    Weaknesses
    Tackling = D
    Hit Power = D+
    Block Shedding = D
    Press = C-
    Summary

One of the best athletes in the draft. Some scouts are saying that Dawson may be a potential two way player. He has decent hands, tremendous leaping ability and blazing speed. If a team drafts him as a free safety, you can count on his being a force in the passing game with his coverage abilities. However, he can't tackle to save his life and he doesn't strike fear in his opponents with his 201 pound frame and weak hits. If he can prove to a team that he isn't soft, he could be a top 3 pick.
    This guy has Kansas City written all over him. :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Mr.Joplin here is your plane ticket to Houston!

• Like Like x 1
  3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

The Vikings would love the right tackle!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

DID'S TAKE ON THE TOP 5

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison = Robert Mathis

Strengths
    Speed = 4.59 speed
    Finesse Moves = A-
    Pursuit = B
    Weaknesses
    Hit Power = D
    Awareness = C-
    Tackling = C
    Coverage = F
    Summary

Did's take: I have McKenzie as my #1 player on the big board. This kid is an elite pass rusher. The NFL is about Quarterbacks, Offensive Tackles and Edge Pass rushers and this guy is the best in this class. The speed and ability to use creative moves to beat less athletic tackles is a gift.

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison = Von Miller
    Strengths
    Speed = 4.58 speed
    Tackling = B+
    Finesse Moves = A-
    Pursuit = A
    Awareness = B
    Weaknesses
    Play Recognition = C-
    Coverage = D
    Jumping = C
    Summary

Did's take: This kid is a tweener. He reminds of Von Miller in the class of '11. He should go first or second overall. I give this kid a grade of mid to low 80's. Crawford has some versatility but his main strength is attacking quarterbacks and I told you earlier how much that is valued in the NFL. He is a liability in pass coverage so he will more than likely have his hand on the ground. He will need to gain some strength and add some weight to be a 3 down 4-3 Defensive End.

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison = Bigger Jon Vilma

Strengths
    Speed = 4.49 Speed
    Tackling = B
    Acceleration = A
    Block Shedding = B
    Awareness = B
    Weaknesses
    Power and Finesse Moves = C-
    Man Coverage = D
    Summary

Joplin is a nice player. He can come in and be a MLB and you can pencil him in for 12 years. He does not give you much in coverage but he is a gap plugger and he reads plays extremely well. Intelligence, instincts, and speed are attributes that are a blessing to have. He has all 3. He is a very solid tackler. He will need to work on his pass coverage, but he can be hidden in the right scheme. Joplin is probably the safest bet in the top 5 this year.

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison = Nick Collins

Strengths
    Speed = 4.3 speed
    Agility = A
    Juke Moves = B+
    Jumping = A
    Man/Zone Coverage = B
    Weaknesses
    Tackling = D
    Hit Power = D+
    Block Shedding = D
    Press = C-
    Summary

This kid has posted some ridiculous times at his school. He has been recorded as running a 4.25. Dawson is a play maker with huge athleticism. He could be dangerous in the return game as well . He has 4 career punt return touchdowns in his career. Dawson is not physical. He will have to go to a system that allows him to play center field and nothing else. A team that has an established run supporting strong safety can gamble on taking him in the top 5. He is high on my draft board because he adds some dimension to the return game if needed.

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison = Jason Peters

Strengths
    Strength = B
    Pass Blocking = B
    Impact Blocking = B+
    Run Block Strength = A+
    Run Block Footwork = A
    Weaknesses
    Pass Block Footwork = C
    Awareness = C
    Summary

Bucher comes from a run oriented offense much like Gabe Carimi from last season. His pass blocking technique is not adequate but can be learned. He has enough athleticism to be an above average pass blocker over time. The team that drafts him will be strong in the power run game. He has shown the ability to be able to reach defensive ends and get to the second level at times. He is a mauler but definitely cannot be a left tackle in this league.

• Like Like x 3
  5. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

might like crawford hes only guy i see worth my time in as a top 5 pick , end of season , might go to 3-4 d , i think mckenzie end up mid round of 1st round , make good pass rusher for saints d off the edge as rolb ,and right tackle goes later, might end up in round 2 or later in round 1 . mr joplin be worth it like after 7 picks in 1st round , dawson sounds like someone i wouldnt want at all. and yes its early to say it but its what i think , ok have a good day draft board comm.

6. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison - Brett Favre

Strengths

Throwing Power = A​
    Short Throw Accuracy = B​
    Play Action = B​
    Agility and Acceleration = B-​

Weaknesses

Deep Throw Accuracy = C-​
    Height = 6'1​
    Awareness = C​

Summary

Could Riggs be the next "gun slinger" in the league? He has an absolute cannon for an arm. It is definitely one of the better arms you will ever see in the draft. That arm strength and a quick release allow him to be very effective in an offense that relies on short accurate passing. However, he really struggles with the deep ball. He can throw it to any place on the field, the problem is that it ends up in the hands of the other team more often than not. His size may also concern some general managers. Nevertheless, he has gobs of talent and could rise depending on the quarterback needs of teams that draft near the top of the board.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I wonder if he is a texting guru

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

NOT

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison - Brett Favre

Strengths

Throwing Power = A​
    Short Throw Accuracy = B​
    Play Action = B​
    Agility and Acceleration = B-​

Weaknesses

Deep Throw Accuracy = C-​
    Height = 6'1​
    Awareness = C​

Summary

This is where me and Ryty son part ways this guy is more like Jeff George than Brett Favre. He will have to sit 2-3 years before he could even think about quarterbacking an NFL game. Here's the guy that throws screen passes 90 mph and they end up incomplete. He lacks ideal height for the position and has been popped for underage drinking several times in his college career. This guy is the best quarterback in the draft so that tells you that this is far from 1983.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Dakieston Lattimore

6'3 229

QB

Lattimore has a grade in the low 70's but poses as strong of an arm and more accuracy than Riggs. He also has great wheels. With the body type he reminds me of a young Steve McNair. He has a cannon for an arm and is built like an oak tree. He lacks the ability to read defenses as he was a spread QB in college where his reads were made for him. Look for this guy to blossom into a nice NFL quarterback and a potential 2nd or 3rd round steal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

11. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

my response to this riggs guy ryty32 , no idea who riggs is lol but sounds like bad player because locker room problems and i stay away from him haha sounds like 4th rounder to me.

12. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Exactly

14. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison - Michael Roos

Strengths

Run Block Strength = A+
    Pass Block Strength = A
    Impact Blocking = B+

Weaknesses

Run Block Footwork = C-
    Pass Block Footwork = C-
    Agility = F
    Injury = C

Summary

This guy is a mauler. He has the size and strength to really help lead a running game. He will put up 40 reps easily at the combine. However, he has extremely poor footwork and is relatively slow for the position. Plus, he is somewhat injury prone. This guy has bust written all over him.

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison - Dallas Clark

Strengths

Speed = 4.49 40
    Acceleration = B+
    Catching = B
    Spectacular Catch = A-
    Release = A-

Weaknesses

Pass Blocking = D
    Run Blocking = F

Summary

I'm not sure if this guy is a tight end or a receiver. He has the ball catching skills of a wide receiver but the size of a tight end. He has tremendous speed, decent hands and the ability to handle any type of coverage. He would be perfect lined up in the slot (therefore, perfect for most users :)) However, he couldn't stop CA from getting into the backfield. He will be successful in an offense that throws to the TE frequently and has another TE to go along with him in a two TE set.

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison - Desean Jackson

Strengths

Speed = 4.23
    Agility = A
    Acceleration = A+
    Elusiveness = A
    Juke Move/Spin Move = A+

Weaknesses

Awareness = C-
    Height = 5'10
    Release = D+
    Fumbling Problem

Summary

For teams that need playmakers, this is the guy (Browns?). One of the fastest guys in this draft along with exceptional agility, acceleration and elusiveness. A flat out gamebreaker. If you can ignore the fact that he lacks ability to run routes, is short, and fumbles frequently, you will love him.

[​IMG]

NFL Player Comparison - Nate Newton

Strengths

Strength = A
    Run Blocking Footwork = A
    Pass Blocking Footwork = A
    Run/Pass Blocking Strength = A-

Weaknesses
    Awareness = F
    Agility = F

Summary

Simply put, this guy is borderline mentally challenged. He scored a 6 on the Wonderlic test. That test score puts him with the likes of Vince Young (6), Chris Leak (8), and Jeff George (9). However, for what he lacks in awareness he makes up with a pure technical understanding of how to play the game; a true offensive line savant. If he can learn your team's offense and you can keep him from being distracted by the elements on the football field, he could become a perennial pro-bowler.

• Like Like x 2
  15. DC

DC Shake n Bake

16. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Yeah...team him up with Gresham. That would be fun to stop......

17. DC

DC Shake n Bake

negtory...i doubt that frisk will be anywhere near this guys draft pick though. Super bowl champs

18. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

i like that barkdales wr , speed 4.23 omg

19. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

I need Hoppes and the CB that has A potential

20. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I guess Frisk's idea won't work after all :(

21. DC

DC Shake n Bake

yea dude, dont go look at the drafts. Frisk is trying to put together a big draft info content thing, BUT it wont work if we arleady know the recruits

22. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

How is he getting player potential info ?

23. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah I kinda figured, It would be sweet though

24. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

25. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Lookin at potentials takes the fun out of it. Plus we had a really cool content/scouting thing that Frisk thought of. Guess it'll be scrapped now.